Sponsored

Beating a ☠️ 🐴: Why is Mid+ not available on MT Black Diamond?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know this was discussed a bunch for MY21…but, now that you can get Manual Sasquatch I started playing around a bit in B&P again. Holding out on my reservation for MY23 - I just don’t understand why MID isn’t available on manual transmission Black Diamond - but, you can even get LUX on Badlands.

That’s really erking me. I’m diehard BD. But, this is the only thing getting on my nerves. Guess we’ll see if they make it right for MY23.

But, in all honesty - it’s not that BD has any technological setbacks…correct? It’s JUST that they want people to up-trim to Badlands?
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford told us it's modular and customizable, except for everything that comes from the factory, you have to pay for shit you don't want to get the one thing you do want in each tier. It's all carefully laid out to maximize profit.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just get the auto if heated seats are so important to you.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are many reasons that all revolve around money and have nothing to do with technical limitations.

Also... with the manual transmission Sasquatch package pricing, there is practically no reason to get the Sasquatch package on any trim other than Base. Just get a Badlands (non-Sasquatch). By far the best bang-for-your-buck. And it allows you to bump to the Mid package.

I broke it all down and ranted about it here:

The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing

Sponsored

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford wants us to spend more money and doesn't mind irritating it's customers to do so. Otherwise we could order our vehicles with the options we want. Sucks being someone who wants a 2 door manual mid level Black Diamond in Antimatter Blue :(

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep its fucked.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The re-release of the Bronco brand allowed Ford to target a niche group of enthusiasts loyal to the old-school lifestyle and allows them to reconnect with their youth and nature... I'm just Fn with you. It's money, definitely money. Money and greed.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes. Let’s create a company not based on making money. Let’s see how long that company last.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hoped this would change for ‘22, very disappointed that it didn’t. That said, I’m one of the suckers trimming up to a badlands to get the options I want (along with several I couldn’t care less about)

Point jeep here… you can get a wrangler sport s with MT, heated seats, and heated steering.

Sponsored
OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really hoped this would change for ‘22, very disappointed that it didn’t. That said, I’m one of the suckers trimming up to a badlands to get the options I want (along with several I couldn’t care less about)

Point jeep here… you can get a wrangler sport s with MT, heated seats, and heated steering.
That’s the thing - half the shit in LUX I couldn’t care less about - but, it’s the point. They allude that it’s such an “a la carte ordering process with something for everyone” - though it’s really just something for everyone that can afford a $60k vehicle.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want B&O and MGV.

Only one option and it's spendy.

WacoBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus GX 460, 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 (Company)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep. Correct on all points. I'm 100% 7MT. Got pushed into BL. At that point, went Lux to get what I wanted.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s the thing - half the shit in LUX I couldn’t care less about - but, it’s the point. They allude that it’s such an “a la carte ordering process with something for everyone” - though it’s really just something for everyone that can afford a $60k vehicle.
The ManSquatch price difference between a BD and BL is like $3200 so they're not really pushing you from $44k to $60k...

The fact that the BD has the Mid package available for the auto but not the manual points more to a modularly issue vs them just trying to push you to the higher trim (or mid wouldn't be offered for the auto). More than likely there is some difference that wouldn't allow the same control modules for the BL/Man/Mid to be used for a BD/Man/Mid.

It makes sense to have packages for several different reasons. To make more money is obvious, but not the only reason. Having everything a la carte on any trim level would be a QC nightmare.

Last edited:

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. Let’s create a company not based on making money. Let’s see how long that company last.
You do realize they can sell mid to people with a manual BD and make money correct? No reason they should offer it on automatic and not stick. No reason they should charge manuals as much for squatch. It's greed. They can make money without taking advantage of people. This whole rollout has destroyed what their brand means for a lot of people.
Sponsored