Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m a moron and stripped one of my black beauty ring bolts. Needed to have it drilled out.

Anyways, does anyone know the part number for this specific bolt? I’m assuming it’s the same for all Bronco OEM wheels, but if not, I have the Sasquatch package.

I’m going to assume they’re about $5 each… Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just heard back from one of the Parts departments - W716548-S450B $24.48 (CDN) per bolt!

No thanks...

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So just heard back from one of the Parts departments - W716548-S450B $24.48 (CDN) per bolt!

No thanks...
I didn't get here quick enough. I suspected they might be the same bolt used on Raptors. I have a Gen 1 Raptor and that price quote is pretty accurate. Unfortunately there are no known sources for this bolt size beyond Ford. McMaster-Carr will get you close, but the thread is different as is the shoulder.

This has been a source of annoyance in the Raptor community for a while.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't get here quick enough. I suspected they might be the same bolt used on Raptors. I have a Gen 1 Raptor and that price quote is pretty accurate. Unfortunately there are no known sources for this bolt size beyond Ford. McMaster-Carr will get you close, but the thread is different as is the shoulder.

This has been a source of annoyance in the Raptor community for a while.
Thanks. I’ve found them as low as $14 online so far. Ridiculous price for such a small bolt.

Sponsored

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They've come down
Thanks. I’ve found them as low as $14 online so far. Ridiculous price for such a small bolt.
They've come down some since the last time I looked. You're right that's a ridiculous price.
At one point I priced out a complete set of them for the Raptor bead lock wheels, it was nearly $1000, just for the bolts.

Badbrad

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I’m a moron and stripped one of my black beauty ring bolts. Needed to have it drilled out.

Anyways, does anyone know the part number for this specific bolt? I’m assuming it’s the same for all Bronco OEM wheels, but if not, I have the Sasquatch package.

I’m going to assume they’re about $5 each… Thanks!
Hey can I ask about drilling the bolts out and what you did to get the bolt out after drilling? I stripped out 3 today… ugh

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey can I ask about drilling the bolts out and what you did to get the bolt out after drilling? I stripped out 3 today… ugh
First thing I did was swear.

Second step was to take it to a shop to have them do it, because I’m incompetent when it comes to this.

Sorry I can’t be more help. Lots of YouTube videos though that may be more help.

Badbrad

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First thing I did was swear.

Second step was to take it to a shop to have them do it, because I’m incompetent when it comes to this.

Sorry I can’t be more help. Lots of YouTube videos though that may be more help.
Yeah I hear ya.. said a couple swear words myself, the look my wife gave me with her arms crossed .., ugh
i YouTubed a few things and I still have 3 stripped out bolts LOL

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I hear ya.. said a couple swear words myself, the look my wife gave me with her arms crossed .., ugh
i YouTubed a few things and I still have 3 stripped out bolts LOL
I guess it depends how badly you messed them up. One of my bolts had some sort of epoxy looking stuff in the head of the bolt - I have no idea what he did or why that would help, but it came out. The second one was less messed up and seemed to come out a bit easier.

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it is Torx plus 45, not a regular Torx 45.
^^^ This! It's the likely problem people are having with the stripped heads.

As for people who want to try drilling the bolt out... I'd not recommend you try it on your wheel if you've never done it before. Get a professional.

A few things could go wrong and cause more problems. Mainly screwing up the threads and having a weaker hole or needing a thread repair such as a helicoil. You could also make it worse for the person who ends up fixing it.

A screw extractor may work. But if not and even if the head drills off nicely, what's left of the screw can still be very tight.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

No thanks...
You think that's bad??? One of these costs $8 at my local Jeep dealer. Went back to the body shop that painted my grille and they gave me four at no cost.

Ford Bronco Beauty Ring Bolts - Part Number? IMG_4758
Sponsored