James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm one of the many here that powder coated the beauty rings on my Badlands Sasquatch and stripped the heads of a few bolts. They might as well be made out of balsa wood they are so soft. That combo combined with the Torx head (I hate Torx) and the ridiculous fact that new bolts cost $12 EACH makes me want to replace them.

Does anyone know a possible replacement bolt?

I've seen these:

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku-ymm/2023-ford-raptor/m-503317k-bolt.html

They say they fit the Badlands Sasquatch wheels but not sure if they will fit the beauty rings? The head looks different. How can Ford sell these at $38 for 24 bolts but the crap Bronco bolts are $288 for the same amount!?!?!

I also saw a post on here and the guy was looking for silver bolts and he got these:

M10-1.5 x 25mm Button Head Socket Cap Screws 304 Stainless Steel 18-8 Hex Socket Cap Screws, Allen Hex Drive, Full Thread, Coarse Thread UNC, 20 PCS https://a.co/d/7cNYwXU

He said they fit. I was thinking about emailing the company and asking if they had black ones or painting these but before all the trouble I figured I'd ask if anyone here had a better solution?

My wheels look great except for the 20 or so bolts that are rusting because a Torx but touched them and the 5 that are missing from my spare because they're completely useless.
Sponsored

Tmkimler

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2021 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever have any luck finding bolts? I’m looking for black ones as well, just unsure on the size

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I never did. Sorry

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Side note - they aren’t Torx… they’re Torx Plus. Could lead to a sloppy fit trying to use a regular Torx socket. Can’t wait till we come out with another standard called Torx Surpreme

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found a ton but all of the heads were just a few mm too big. They used a bastard size bolt on the wheels so someone is going to have to eventually make a replacement or get the standard ones and find a machine shop that will cut them to match the OE head size. Stainless won't be an issue but if you want black, you'll have to figure out how to replate/refinish them.

ETA: Other option is take the rings into said machine shop and have them open up the bolt head recess and then figure out if you're going to paint or reclear.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These rims were made in China, so they probably used the cheapest materials known to the human race. I thought about checking with Grainger or McMaster Carr to see if they have any stainless equivalents. Does anyone know the proper thread, head diameter, and thread length?

I plan on having my SAS rings powder coated black as soon as my BD hits the lot.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2019 F150,1978 F250,1990 TBirdSC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm one of the many here that powder coated the beauty rings on my Badlands Sasquatch and stripped the heads of a few bolts. They might as well be made out of balsa wood they are so soft. That combo combined with the Torx head (I hate Torx) and the ridiculous fact that new bolts cost $12 EACH makes me want to replace them.

Does anyone know a possible replacement bolt?

I've seen these:

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku-ymm/2023-ford-raptor/m-503317k-bolt.html

They say they fit the Badlands Sasquatch wheels but not sure if they will fit the beauty rings? The head looks different. How can Ford sell these at $38 for 24 bolts but the crap Bronco bolts are $288 for the same amount!?!?!

I also saw a post on here and the guy was looking for silver bolts and he got these:

M10-1.5 x 25mm Button Head Socket Cap Screws 304 Stainless Steel 18-8 Hex Socket Cap Screws, Allen Hex Drive, Full Thread, Coarse Thread UNC, 20 PCS https://a.co/d/7cNYwXU

He said they fit. I was thinking about emailing the company and asking if they had black ones or painting these but before all the trouble I figured I'd ask if anyone here had a better solution?

My wheels look great except for the 20 or so bolts that are rusting because a Torx but touched them and the 5 that are missing from my spare because they're completely useless.
Try Belmetric. I have found them to be reasonably priced and have lots of black oxide finished stainless steel fasteners.

https://belmetric.com/m10x1-5-coarse-allen-button-head-10-9-iso-7380-1/

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

T45 Torx M10X23 Thread pitch is 1.5, head width is 16.4mm.
Ford Bronco Beauty Ring Trim Bolts Alternatives? 1689086573167
If this drawing is accurate this is a made to order part. For an M10 button head the standard head diameter is 17.07mm-17.50mm, the head height is 5.20mm-5.50mm. A word of caution if you plan to use stainless bolts. Stainless and aluminum do not play well together. They are at opposite ends of the galvanic corrosion scale. That means without a barrier (plating) between the two materials they are going to corrode. The aluminum will come out on the losing end of the corrosion.
Sponsored