Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know where to get beauty rings with all 24 holes cut out? I don't want to switch to true bead locks since I'm primarily driving on highways but I like the look of all 24 holes instead of the 12 from the factory.
Sponsored

kilo6one

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would actual bead lock rings being used as beauty rings not work?

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would actual bead lock rings being used as beauty rings not work?
The actual bead lock rings require moving the outer tire bead to the outside of the wheel and the rings then do the clamping and air sealing, not the outer lip of the wheel. If not done well/correctly it can lead to constant tire pressure loss.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know where to get beauty rings with all 24 holes cut out? I don't want to switch to true bead locks since I'm primarily driving on highways but I like the look of all 24 holes instead of the 12 from the factory.
A good wheel shop or machinist could probably drill out the extra holes if you brought a wheel in with them.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you bought the 24 bolt rings and mounted them to the outside of your wheel it technically should work. However the rings will sit further out and will kind of appear like they are floating because they won't actually contact the tire.

This is based off the champion beadlocks I previously owned. I took them to a tire shop to have them mounted and that is how they mounted them originally. I showed up to pick them up and laughed and had to tell them to mount the tire on the outside and the ring pinches the tire.

OP
OP
BadlandRising

BadlandRising

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understood, but if I do that, it’s not legal for highway driving. I have the real bealocks and they mount just as you described which is why I was looking to modify the beauty rings to look like true headlocks with the 24 bolts. I’m trying to find a local machine shop who is willing to drill out my beauty rings since I think that’s the only option. Thanks

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Understood, but if I do that, it’s not legal for highway driving. I have the real bealocks and they mount just as you described which is why I was looking to modify the beauty rings to look like true headlocks with the 24 bolts. I’m trying to find a local machine shop who is willing to drill out my beauty rings since I think that’s the only option. Thanks
Not sure if you looked yet but the bolts are ridiculously priced, here's the cheapest I found. I had to get a replacement since one of my wheels was missing one. I decided if I did drill them out I'd replace all of them with aftermarket bolts, you can get them for WAY cheaper.

Looking forward to your results!

-W716548-S450B W716548S450B - Genuine Ford Base part # HB1 Bolt (fordpartsgiant.com)
Sponsored