Sponsored

Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the point of the knuckles and the other drop linkage to maintain stock geometry while still being able to achieve the lift?
It's not stock geometry, that's the problem. And while Ford is a goober on a lot of stuff, I don't discount their ability to engineer the suspension better than most but maybe not all aftermarket companies. So at that point you're putting your vehicle in the hands of potentially inferior design/engineering (certainly not tested as much), potentially inferior materials and parts, and potentially inferior installation (which is a BIG deal). Get it all upgraded, then take it around and see how many shops will work on it. I think you'll find out at that point what we mean.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything you guys are saying is a direct contradiction from the reps? This isn’t making sense
I haven't had a lift that big since my old 82 F-250 that had a 4" on 35's (or 37's, can't remember). That was a goat herding ranch basher, so it's not really equal comparison, but I had issues.

Feel free to blow us off, you will find nannies and scolds on this site (OMYGODYOUGOTSASQUATCHEEEDIOT!). I'm just saying be aware that caution is advised, if you're one not to be happy if it doesn't work out like you imagine. For instance, if you're not considering that driving it on pavement will change, you might consider that's probable, and it may not be fun anymore.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't had a lift that big since my old 82 F-250 that had a 4" on 35's (or 37's, can't remember). That was a goat herding ranch basher, so it's not really equal comparison, but I had issues.

Feel free to blow us off, you will find nannies and scolds on this site (OMYGODYOUGOTSASQUATCHEEEDIOT!). I'm just saying be aware that caution is advised, if you're one not to be happy if it doesn't work out like you imagine. For instance, if you're not considering that driving it on pavement will change, you might consider that's probable, and it may not be fun anymore.
Tbh I would not max the lift at 7 or 7.5 it would likely be at 5.5 or 6 to keep stress off of the coils and would likely be on 37s don’t want to have a monster of a daily that doubles as a weekend warrior

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tbh I would not max the lift at 7 or 7.5 it would likely be at 5.5 or 6 to keep stress off of the coils and would likely be on 37s don’t want to have a monster of a daily that doubles as a weekend warrior
I think he's got an RC lift, but @NorthShoreBronco has a bigger lift (I think 6"?) on his truck. Here's his YT, he's also active around here at times, so he might chime in and call us all ninnies. Also instructive, since I think he's discussed the issues he's had with his lift (unless I have the wrong member).

https://www.youtube.com/c/NorthShoreBronco

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think he's got an RC lift, but @NorthShoreBronco has a bigger lift (I think 6"?) on his truck. Here's his YT, he's also active around here at times, so he might chime in and call us all ninnies. Also instructive, since I think he's discussed the issues he's had with his lift (unless I have the wrong member).

https://www.youtube.com/c/NorthShoreBronco
I appreciate your input on this matter brother truly. I know I probably don’t need a super big lift at the end of the day I suppose but as long as it’s not going to cause my bronco to tear itself apart and still be safe enough to get my kids to school I would love to get some more elevation for the weekend.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would that allow for good articulation as well? The issue we generally have when getting to the back side of the property for hunting is the creeks is its full of slate rock that I’m mainly worried about along with obviously with water level too
How does slate rock play into a big lift? I would think slick. I assumed the big lift was to try to get higher water clearance. 3-4' of water is a lot, even 10" of more clearance is still below 4' and you don't want to get too close to max.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate your input on this matter brother truly. I know I probably don’t need a super big lift at the end of the day I suppose but as long as it’s not going to cause my bronco to tear itself apart and still be safe enough to get my kids to school I would love to get some more elevation for the weekend.
I would probably recommend a small body lift, max tire kit from JKS or StinkyFab's crash bar mount delete, and some 37's w/a small hubcentric wheel spacer. That would move you up 3.5" (1" or so of new clearance) for not a lot and give you the chance to see if you need more or want better suspension. Think of it as a preview for around $700.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would that allow for good articulation as well? The issue we generally have when getting to the back side of the property for hunting is the creeks is its full of slate rock that I’m mainly worried about along with obviously with water level too

One thing you have to remember about a crossmember drop lift kit. The front lower crossmember will not be any higher off the ground than what it was before the lift. In other words a stock Squatch with 37's would have more clearance than this lift with 37s.

Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? 1715209591713-81

Edit: @Rancid I found a shot without the crossmember drop to better show what I'm trying to say.

Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? 1715220642895-b5

Pic for reference. If you notice the new lower crossmember is bolted to the OEM lower mounts so in theory you are lowering the front crossmember by the height of the new crossmember (making it closer to the ground). If you just lift it using coilovers then you will increase the distance from the lower crossmember to the ground. Portals do the same.

One thing to also remember about your 5.5K vs. portals is that the portals are also a gear reduction where you 5.5K kit does not. So you would need to add the price of a re-gear to your 5.5K. 2500 to 3500 for a re-gear so now we are about 8K. I know it's still not 20K but that ground clearance with portals is priceless.

For the record I just sold a crossmember drop for an 18 Chevy Silverado today. 6.5" kit. And guess what???? it fits 35" tires. 😉 Chevy wheel wells SUCK!!! Bronco wheel wells are HUUUUUGE. 37s fit a Squatch keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I would probably recommend a small body lift, max tire kit from JKS or StinkyFab's crash bar mount delete, and some 37's. That would move you up 3.5" (1" or so of new clearance) for not a lot and give you the chance to see if you need more or want better suspension. Think of it as a preview for less than $500.
But.... based on the money on parts Rancid started out with.....

I would spend way less and go with a nice coil over and a 74 rack...... 37s would work awesome....

WAY more money than a body lift and 37s....sure.....

but for a lot less than was originally proposed. and would be a very solid build.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But.... based on the money on parts Rancid started out with.....

I would spend way less and go with a nice coil over and a 74 rack...... 37s would work awesome....

WAY more money than a body lift and 37s....sure.....

but for a lot less than was originally proposed. and would be a very solid build.
Well sure, but I was thinking about a trial for that amount of lift. You can change out all the things I mentioned except the max tire kit and not cry too much if you didn't like it. But it would teach you a lot about what you might want. And you can install it all yourself, even if you're not so slick with the hand tools (me).

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well sure, but I was thinking about a trial for that amount of lift. You can change out all the things I mentioned except the max tire kit and not cry too much if you didn't like it. But it would teach you a lot about what you might want. And you can install it all yourself, even if you're not so slick with the hand tools (me).
Very good point.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing you have to remember about a crossmember drop lift kit. The front lower crossmember will not be any higher off the ground than what it was before the lift. In other words a stock Squatch with 37's would have more clearance than this lift with 37s.

Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? 1715220642895-b5

Pic for reference. If you notice the new lower crossmember is bolted to the OEM lower mounts so in theory you are lowering the front crossmember by the height of the new crossmember (making it closer to the ground). If you just lift it using coilovers then you will increase the distance from the lower crossmember to the ground. Portals do the same.

One thing to also remember about your 5.5K vs. portals is that the portals are also a gear reduction where you 5.5K kit does not. So you would need to add the price of a re-gear to your 5.5K. 2500 to 3500 for a re-gear so now we are about 8K. I know it's still not 20K but that ground clearance with portals is priceless.

For the record I just sold a crossmember drop for an 18 Chevy Silverado today. 6.5" kit. And guess what???? it fits 35" tires. 😉 Chevy wheel wells SUCK!!! Bronco wheel wells are HUUUUUGE. 37s fit a Squatch keep that in mind.
That's hilarious, I have looked at those goofy huge Chevy wheel wells and thought, but why?!? They're so narrow.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How does slate rock play into a big lift? I would think slick. I assumed the big lift was to try to get higher water clearance. 3-4' of water is a lot, even 10" of more clearance is still below 4' and you don't want to get too close to max.
Think mainly jagged uneven rock that jut up randomly. Hard to explain without proper context or pictures but it mainly it was to keep to give me more clearance off the ground.
Sponsored