Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping someone has experience with the three options I think I have narrowed this down to:

Baja Designs
Heretic Studios
KC Hilites

They all offer kits with wiring harnesses, a frame, large amber, and two smaller clears that fit into the mod bumper pockets — I like that configuration best. Planning to connect ambers to one switch and the clears to another. All three companies offer a kit that seems to do what I want.

Which has the best quality? Any pros and cons of any of those options from your experience?
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hoping someone has experience with the three options I think I have narrowed this down to:

Baja Designs
Heretic Studios
KC Hilites

They all offer kits with wiring harnesses, a frame, large amber, and two smaller clears that fit into the mod bumper pockets — I like that configuration best. Planning to connect ambers to one switch and the clears to another. All three companies offer a kit that seems to do what I want.

Which has the best quality? Any pros and cons of any of those options from your experience?
Keep in mind the kits you are buying typically don't include a wiring harness that you would want. They usually include generic switch harnesses OR in the case of Baja Designs, their kit puts 2 lights on 1 switch and 1 on another.

If you go with one of the kits WE offer, we customize them. We let you choose the lights AND we include OUR CrystaLux harness, which is pretty mucht he best harness around. Each light plugs right into the harness without any extra pigtails required and we give you 3 upfitter wires to connect to. So you can control each pair. PLUS we built in a little discount with the kits.

The Diode Dynamics kit we sell is the most popular followed by Baja Designs.

Baja Designs makes THE BEST quality lights. They can take abuse. You can get MORE light for your money with Diode Dynamics though. The difference is quality. STILL a quality brand with Diode Dynamics but we find the powder coated/annodizing on the Baja Designs lights to be higher quality over the Diode Dynamics. Plus you get a lifetime warranty with Baja Designs over the 8 year warranty with Diode Dynamics.

Check out our kits. We let YOU pick the lights and we include OUR harness which is a really clean and easy harness to work with:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? 7 (small)

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? 314674672_10222221473741201_5528790782309799944_n

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? Photo Jul 26 2023, 2 06 42 PM

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? 306731980_565001195381109_7640352145486352053_n

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also went with the Baja designs for the quality and mine came with harnesses wired to 3 separate aux switches. Also highly recommend 4x4TruckLEDs if you want to customize.

OP
OP
bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Responses so far sure confirm what I have surmised from other threads and research I’ve done — nobody ever has anything bad to say about Baja Designs and quality seems to be in the highest category. I think that’s the way to go and I’m leaning toward a custom setup through 4x4TruckLEDs. Sounds like calling them to talk through the specific lights for each space is what I need to actually do. I want these and a set of a-pillar lights to handle all of my forward facing needs and it seems like they are great about talking this through with their customers.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Responses so far sure confirm what I have surmised from other threads and research I’ve done — nobody ever has anything bad to say about Baja Designs and quality seems to be in the highest category. I think that’s the way to go and I’m leaning toward a custom setup through 4x4TruckLEDs. Sounds like calling them to talk through the specific lights for each space is what I need to actually do. I want these and a set of a-pillar lights to handle all of my forward facing needs and it seems like they are great about talking this through with their customers.
You can call, text, email or message us on here actually.

If you check out our product pages we actually list some recommended setups to help you out.

Each of our KR Off-Road kits includes lights from Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics, our USA Made/Stainless Steel brackets and our wiring harness.

Not to mention, we build a LITTLE but of a discount in as well :) So hey that always helps.

What folks like about our kits is that we let you choose the lights and the harness is just... well, it's FRIGGIN AWESOME I have to say. EVERYBODY always compliments us on the wiring part, more then the lights (which are awesome).

We just tried to take the guess work out of it and give you a REALLY high quality harness. As I said, they have the light connectors already installed so ya plug them in (no need to plug them into ANOTHER pigtail and then into the lights, that's too many connections). And on the end where you tie into the upfitters, we put weather proof/heat shrinkable connectors on. You crimp them onto your upfitter wires and then take a heat gun/lighter/torch and heat up the end to shrink it. It'll give it a weatherproof seal (just 1 additional thing we like to do as part of our harness)

Here are some photos of the harness everybody raves about (the lights speak for themselves of course)

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? 1704604852032

Each side (driver/passenger) looks like this. Nice and labeled

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? 1704604863986

Then the end you crimp onto the upfitter wires

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? 1704604872594

Here is a nice little video Youtuber CoderMan did on our kit when we had his Bronco (I think he's sold it now though)

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be sure to be careful when considering harnesses and wiring. Many of the light pairs can pull up to 6A each (or possibly more - check your specs). The harness pictured above is a great example of not being appropriate in stock form if you ever plan to activate more than a pair at a time. The 18-16 gauge return wire pictured is only sized for the current of a single pair, not supporting 10-18 or more amp continuously without heating up.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are some kits from names i won't mention that do not even use you aux switches. Wired direct to an open spot on the fuse block or direct from battery (?not recommended since they could be on when everything else is off and drain the battery) they come with a wireless remote to control the lights

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 18-16 gauge return wire pictured is only sized for the current of a single pair, not supporting 10-18 or more amp continuously without heating up.
I just installed a pair of these using 4x4TruckLED harness. It is a very nice harness.

First - there is a huge difference between 10 and 18 amps. One is almost double the other.

The wire was 16GA. The harness is roughly 10ft long. It should be good for up to 15A. The DD lights I installed were about 2A each for the smaller and 2.7A for the 3”. There is a wire for each pair — so each hot wire sees maybe 6A. Plenty of ampacity there. The ground wire would be the biggest concern. It sees all 6 lamps, so it is carrying about 13A. Still within safe amperage, but it is getting up there.

Then I ran one set off the factory fog circuit, so that pulls about 4 amps back off that ground line.

Ford runs the same gage wiring for all the upfitter switches, including the 20A and 30A rated ones - although admittedly those are shorter runs.

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can call, text, email or message us on here actually.

If you check out our product pages we actually list some recommended setups to help you out.

Each of our KR Off-Road kits includes lights from Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics, our USA Made/Stainless Steel brackets and our wiring harness.

Not to mention, we build a LITTLE but of a discount in as well :) So hey that always helps.

What folks like about our kits is that we let you choose the lights and the harness is just... well, it's FRIGGIN AWESOME I have to say. EVERYBODY always compliments us on the wiring part, more then the lights (which are awesome).

We just tried to take the guess work out of it and give you a REALLY high quality harness. As I said, they have the light connectors already installed so ya plug them in (no need to plug them into ANOTHER pigtail and then into the lights, that's too many connections). And on the end where you tie into the upfitters, we put weather proof/heat shrinkable connectors on. You crimp them onto your upfitter wires and then take a heat gun/lighter/torch and heat up the end to shrink it. It'll give it a weatherproof seal (just 1 additional thing we like to do as part of our harness)

Here are some photos of the harness everybody raves about (the lights speak for themselves of course)

Each side (driver/passenger) looks like this. Nice and labeled

Then the end you crimp onto the upfitter wires

Here is a nice little video Youtuber CoderMan did on our kit when we had his Bronco (I think he's sold it now though)

I’m considering an Oracle triple set which has really good reviews and is more than half the cost of Baja and Diode. Why are they so much cheaper?

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baja Designs
Heretic Studios
KC Hilites

Personally I like the SPV harnesses and their custom fit brackets. Here’s one example for mod bumper. Very clean installs. Great customer support.
https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...sport-pro-triple-fog-light-kit-modular-bumper

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m working through issues with condensation in my Oracle lights ATM. They are supposed to send me replacements to fix but they are out of stock. One thing they mention is that there is a vent on the side and to open and heat the lamps with a hair dryer. Poor design..the vents are very close to the adjacent lights and very difficult to get a tool on them while the lights are installed. I’m updating the other thread as I have more info. @ORACLE Lighting needs to get their shit together and fix the foggy lights. Besides that they seem to be okay. The lighting is good.
@ORACLE Lighting I will continue to report on your lights this way until they are fixed or you refund my money. Your last contact you said your replacements were out of stock..I’m waiting. Thank you

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? IMG_7551

Ford Bronco Best Mod Bumper Light Kit? IMG_7550

OP
OP
bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow - that answers that question - thanks for the heads up and back to looking at the Baja set. The Baja triple set doesn’t give me an option to mix the color and it just says Clear on their website.
That seems to be another big benefit of the 4x4TruckLED kits. You can choose the specific lights, colors, and configuration and they include a harness that is designed for how you want it to work. Now I have so many options for how to configure the three light positions in the pocket, I need to take some extra time to decide exactly what makes the most sense for my expected usage.

OP
OP
bkirchhoff

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then I ran one set off the factory fog circuit, so that pulls about 4 amps back off that ground line.
That is a good point. I forgot I have another circuit I can run one of these sets to. To confirm, this could allow me to plug a set of clears to the “fog light” switch and then two sets of ambers to two of the uplifter switches? If so, that probably will work best for me.

(also — this thread is littered with Brians, of which I’m one too)
Sponsored