Sponsored

Bestop Sunrider for Modular Hardtop - anyone install yet?

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do a search of the forum, there are several threads about the Sunrider and some tips on installing it. I've had one for awhile now, had it on my old OBX and now transferred it over to my new BL. I always tell people one of the best mods I've done to the Bronco.
Sponsored

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have to find a place to store the front panels. Then you have to park and put the panels back on if it starts raining. This takes 15 seconds to close.
I live in SoCal, so no worry about rain.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ton of people have done it. It was the first thing I did. Great mod. No issues in the 9 months I've had it. We have the same thing on my wife's Gladiator. It's really a must have on the MIC top.
I like the sunshade I bought from them but will never buy from them again. I'll do without the sunrider. Joke of a company. Pay for something and never receive any notice your order is even processed. Not online, not an email. Never receive notice your product ships. You just wait. Like a bitch. For three months and one day you come home from work and the shit is on your porch.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the sunshade I bought from them but will never buy from them again. I'll do without the sunrider. Joke of a company. Pay for something and never receive any notice your order is even processed. Not online, not an email. Never receive notice your product ships. You just wait. Like a bitch. For three months and one day you come home from work and the shit is on your porch.
Sounds like you had a bad experience with @Bestop_Team, and I hate that. But I've purchased several Bronco and Jeep products from them and it's always been a good experience.

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it for my 4 Door Badlands. I love it. Pretty easy to install and I've had to take it off a couple of times this summer for longer road trips. I really wish they would make one that also covered the second row.
Agreed. I asked them about it and they said there were no plans to develop one.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We love ours. Roof panels went into the attic, just flip this up or down as desired, less than a 10 second operation.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Trees

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$900? I’ll be inconvenienced by the factory roof.
Have to find a place to store the front panels. Then you have to park and put the panels back on if it starts raining. This takes 15 seconds to close.
Not just rain! Tired of being in the sun? How about the wind? or the noise? Hotter/colder than you expected it to be? How do your passengers feel about all these things?

Reach back and be out of it in an instant even while moving. Hell I wouldn't recommend it but I have even gotten it closed at highway speeds when a storm popped up out of no where.

The price is well worth having the choice to be in or out of the elements every time you drive without having to think before you set off.

Plus storing the front panels on board just in case is janky at best and eats all of your valuable cargo space.

Hands down best thing you can put on your Bronco.

Trees

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have one, but no Bronco yet. I haven't even opened the box.
Open the box and check it. Fedex managed to destroy 2 of them.

Thankfully Bestop has stellar customer support. Just don't expect a reply to the emails. Call their help line.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be picking one up in the spring, getting ready for fall/winter season here in the Northeast....

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Previous people who installed earlier in the year complained of leaks, noises, etc. So I guess Bestop figured out the glitches? :)
The leaks may not be due to the top, my HT leaked too.

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only had 1 drive with my Sunrider, but I'm definitely happy with it, mostly. I LOVE how easy it is to open the top for the morning commute, but close it when I run out at lunch and the sun is beating down. It's also nice if I want to run out and leave something valuable in the Bronco, which was always a big worry for me, since I bring my laptop home every night, I either had to bring the panels, and re-install them, or try to hide my work bag, and hope no one climbs in and helps themselves, though maybe I'm being too paranoid.

But, it is noticeably and significantly louder when closed than the panels. There is definitely a compromise, but the upside is once you know what you're doing, it's 5-10 minutes to uninstall and put the panels back. I will probably remove it for the winter, and re-install next spring.

It's a subjective decision, but it was worth the money for me. A big reason I bought a Bronco was to have the open air feeling, and the Sunrider helps me accomplish that more often.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only had 1 drive with my Sunrider, but I'm definitely happy with it, mostly. I LOVE how easy it is to open the top for the morning commute, but close it when I run out at lunch and the sun is beating down. It's also nice if I want to run out and leave something valuable in the Bronco, which was always a big worry for me, since I bring my laptop home every night, I either had to bring the panels, and re-install them, or try to hide my work bag, and hope no one climbs in and helps themselves, though maybe I'm being too paranoid.

But, it is noticeably and significantly louder when closed than the panels. There is definitely a compromise, but the upside is once you know what you're doing, it's 5-10 minutes to uninstall and put the panels back. I will probably remove it for the winter, and re-install next spring.

It's a subjective decision, but it was worth the money for me. A big reason I bought a Bronco was to have the open air feeling, and the Sunrider helps me accomplish that more often.
Well, after reading all the posts here - especially yours :). I think I'm pretty darn convinced of getting it. Summer is just about over in Vegas and camping season is also coming up!

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be picking one up in the spring, getting ready for fall/winter season here in the Northeast....
Don't wait until Spring, you can open the top all winter especially on those sunny days! Enjoy!

Full disclosure, I drive my convertible top down all winter.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have it for my 4 Door Badlands. I love it. Pretty easy to install and I've had to take it off a couple of times this summer for longer road trips. I really wish they would make one that also covered the second row.
I wish I had an official date for you guys, but we have created the Skyrider and they will be available soon. As soon as we have a date you all will be the first to know!
Sponsored