Sponsored

Does Bestop Sunrider fix some of the hardtop problems?

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For $900 I can just take the 2 front sections off & stuff them in the back with similar effect :sneaky:
This is what I thought before buying one for my Jeep

Hands down one of the best mods. Love going from closed to open or visa versa in ten seconds flat

Sponsored

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is replacing all of the first batch of hardtops anyways so unless you specifically want this then I don't see why it would be needed as a fix to those issues.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would certainly take care of any noise the two front panels make, and it's a great thing. Had it on a Wrangler we rented for a week in Moab, super fast and easy open/close and no panels to deal with - ever.

Just not my thing with the Bronco, I'd want one that opens both rows of seats, that full open air thing is one of the major selling points to me. So I'm going soft top for now, hoping someone will make a larger 'sunrider' eventually. When I asked Bestop months ago, they had no plans for it, but that might change I guess.

But if you don't care about opening the rear part of the roof, it's one of the best mods you'll ever do to your rig IMO.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is my plan. I want to leave the rear clam shell on, but have a soft top for the front and rear removable panels.

The other day I was taking my kid to school in the jeep with the panels in the garage and it almost started to rain. It was an "aaaahhh" moment.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hands down one of the best mods. Love going from closed to open or visa versa in ten seconds flat
For me I just don't care for the looks, same goes with a soft top flopped all the way back. Obviously a hard top is no where near as convenient & not everyone has the space & ability to store the top so I can understand that. I like the Hard top (that I'll rarely use) & a solid Bikini Top as I don't care to be in the full sun. YMMV :cool:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So ironically I was going through the BnP last night on my WT and saw a top option I hadn't seen before. I don't know if it's new or I just missed it, but it states...

"Top, Retractable - Front Row Vinyl Soft"

Problem is the picture they show is just a hard top, so I have no idea what this is, but sounds like it allows you to replace some of the freedom panels with that partial soft top. Don't know if it's just the first row or both.

Once again Ford great job on the web stuff!

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me I just don't care for the looks, same goes with a soft top flopped all the way back. Obviously a hard top is no where near as convenient & not everyone has the space & ability to store the top so I can understand that. I like the Hard top (that I'll rarely use) & a solid Bikini Top as I don't care to be in the full sun. YMMV :cool:
Same. I can’t get over the look. These fold back tops always look half assed when they are pushed back. I’d rather pull the front panels and put them in the back.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If they made it gray to match the MIC and had it cover both rows of seating I would buy it in a heartbeat. Not interested in adding another color to the rainbow.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It would certainly take care of any noise the two front panels make, and it's a great thing. Had it on a Wrangler we rented for a week in Moab, super fast and easy open/close and no panels to deal with - ever.

Just not my thing with the Bronco, I'd want one that opens both rows of seats, that full open air thing is one of the major selling points to me. So I'm going soft top for now, hoping someone will make a larger 'sunrider' eventually. When I asked Bestop months ago, they had no plans for it, but that might change I guess.

But if you don't care about opening the rear part of the roof, it's one of the best mods you'll ever do to your rig IMO.
I agree. A sunrider on a 4dr that covers all three panels, front and back seat, would be ideal.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well played haha. My clicking noise stopped when I tightened down the loose latch haha
Thats what I'm thinking. When my MIC top OBX arrives at the end of the month, I'm assuming that any little squeaks or clicks on the top can be resolved with a little latch tinkering with a screwdriver and a little shimming. I was always tinkering with my boat, and I dont understand the mentality that the dealer has to fix every squeak.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too! Put one on my gladiator and use it all the time. My hardtop panels have been in the storage bags for awhile now.
Sponsored