Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can get Advanced 4x4 on all lower trims.
Sure, technically, but you have to sasquach a base or BB in order to get it where you can just add it to the BD without having to do that.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a heads up. You’re missing the rock rails on the BB so if you add those to be equal with standard BD equipment then they’ll pretty much break even
What about the steel rear bumper? Is that added when you upgrade to the modular steel front bumper? Both are standard on BD.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure, technically, but you have to sasquach a base or BB in order to get it where you can just add it to the BD without having to do that.
I didn't realize it wasn't available without Squatch. Interesting. If not a glitch, then perhaps it's because it's not needed with such smaller and lighter tire/wheel setups?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any trim pales in comparison to the BB grill ?.
Of the three grills, that six slot on the BB is by far my least favorite. The one from the Black Diamond/Base is truest to the original. But I think the Badlands/Wildtrak is the one designers had in mind for the new Bronco from day one.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What about the steel rear bumper? Is that added when you upgrade to the modular steel front bumper? Both are standard on BD.
According to the Ford B&P, no, the rear bumper is not added.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't realize it wasn't available without Squatch. Interesting. If not a glitch, then perhaps it's because it's not needed with such smaller and lighter tire/wheel setups?
BD, BB, and OBX all come with 32 tires. It's just packaging options. It's just how manufacturers do it. More options on higher/more expensive trims.
I don't think a lot of people realize how crazy and awesome it is to be able to get BaseSquatch. Allowing that amount of equipment on the entry model is insane. Jeep would never give you almost all the best options on a base Sport. Just like every other vehicle in the world, you can't have ALL the options on every model. It defeats the purpose of even having models. Making everything a la carté destroys manufacturing efficiency and would only drive up cost more, which people already complain about enough. /rant

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man I’m having a tough time deciding. Love the BB grille. Hate the wheels. Love the vinyl interior on the BD. Priced the BD at 46,175. And the BB AT 45,125. So for a thousand more, I get vinyl interior and auto 4x4, but the BB has the signature LEDS and a cooler grille. Saying this out loud kinda makes the BD a no brainer. For me at least.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So pictured if you add the LED package, it doesnt seem to change the tailights, Pictured. Is that not part of the package?

For BB.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Actually, with manual transmission Base, Big Bend and Black Diamond all have 4.46. You're correct it's 4.27 vs 4.46 for the automatic, which is more than adequate for off-roading. Advanced 4x4 will offset this difference in low gear for those that opt for it. And, most people with the automatic will also have the 2.7L w/extra torque.
Okay, but your original post and pricing was including the auto so that's why I only brought up auto gearing. Advanced 4x4 doesn't have anything to do with gearing, and you can't get it on BB without squatch anyways(as @Jrod0486 has shown). All things being equal I will always prefer to have the lowest gearing I can get.

Also the only reason the BB is cheaper is because you inflated the price of the BD with wheels that most(I would assume) aren't going to opt for anyways.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD, BB, and OBX all come with 32 tires. It's just packaging options. It's just how manufacturers do it. More options on higher/more expensive trims.
I don't think a lot of people realize how crazy and awesome it is to be able to get BaseSquatch. Allowing that amount of equipment on the entry model is insane. Jeep would never give you almost all the best options on a base Sport. Just like every other vehicle in the world, you can't have ALL the options on every model. It defeats the purpose of even having models. Making everything a la carté destroys manufacturing efficiency and would only drive up cost more, which people already complain about enough. /rant
It makes complete sense. I don't want to have to sasquach what we buy, so it's really BB without the auto 4x4 and rear locker, BD with the auto 4x4 without the signature lights, or find a money tree and just do the BL. We're going 2.7l/auto.

Yosef

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And does anybody know why on the BD you cannot get the sound deadening headliner on the hard top with squatch? Is it a weight issue? Seems bizzare?

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Until Ford pulls some other bullshit I’m all about the BB.

Mic top
headliner
roof rails
LED lights
AUX switches
floor liners
Mid
4.27 rear locking axel and differential
towing
tube doors
$46,360

And that’s before the $1,000 under invoice deal. This is definitely not the rig I started with but it’s everything I need and I get to add the tube doors And Katzkin later. I’m all in unless something changes.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man I’m having a tough time deciding. Love the BB grille. Hate the wheels. Love the vinyl interior on the BD. Priced the BD at 46,175. And the BB AT 45,125. So for a thousand more, I get vinyl interior and auto 4x4, but the BB has the signature LEDS and a cooler grille. Saying this out loud kinda makes the BD a no brainer. For me at least.
This is kinda where I'm at. I dislike the wheels and grills on both models. I would like to have the LEDs too. However I much prefer the vinyl and rubber floors and I want the Adv 4x4. I can easily change the wheels, grill and LEDs aftermarket. Interior not so much. So since the price is so similar the BD seems to be a no brainer, as you put it, for my preferences.
Sponsored

Last edited: