Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. Can you give a description of the size of the gun turret panel? Is it something like a 3/4 opening, something like that?
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. Can you give a description of the size of the gun turret panel? Is it something like a 3/4 opening, something like that?
It's pretty large. It is an oval panel that doesn't extend to the sides. Try searching the site for "gun turret". There should be plenty of pictures of it to give you an idea.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kind of disappointed with it. The pics I saw were of the 4 door with the full size removable rear panel - it really opens ii up.
The gun turret (donut hole - LOL) is not as impressive.
I still like the idea of the black top over the gray color, but not sure now if it's worth the additional $1900.
Looks like I still have awhile to decide....

Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread 1602641837787

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kind of disappointed with it. The pics I saw were of the 4 door with the full size removable rear panel - it really opens ii up.
I still like the idea of the black top over the gray color, but not sure now if it's worth the additional $1900.

Keep in mind that the modular is painted black and the rear windows pop out. So there are some additional benefits. Still not sure that those features warrant a $1900 addition.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm planning on taking my family in a base Bronco TO Big Bend National Park... Does that count?

Seriously though I'm waffling between base and Big Bend. I like the alloy wheels and A/T tires and fog lights. Plus I loved Big Bend National Park. Cheesy but effective marketing.

Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm planning on taking my family in a base Bronco TO Big Bend National Park... Does that count?

Seriously though I'm waffling between base and Big Bend. I like the alloy wheels and A/T tires and fog lights. Plus I loved Big Bend National Park. Cheesy but effective marketing.
Getting a Big Bend. Going to Big Bend. Got a group on FB of folks planning to take an all-Bronco trip.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting a Big Bend. Going to Big Bend. Got a group on FB of folks planning to take an all-Bronco trip.
Interesting, though mine will be just time with the family ya know. Plus I won't take delivery til probably spring 2022.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep in mind that the modular is painted black and the rear windows pop out. So there are some additional benefits. Still not sure that those features warrant a $1900 addition.
I'd love to see the gun turret being operated.
At 9:20 in this video, it is stated that it is removable, not just a pop-up, so that is cool. Pull the front tops, pull this, and the rear windows for a nice open-air effect.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can someone explain why the BB grill speaks to me the way that it does? I hung around the Off Road Race scene in the mid 80s to the late 90s. Was this an aftermarket grill style for G1 Broncos at that time? The BB grill is simultaneously badass and strangely comfortable at the same time. Dunno.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd love to see the gun turret being operated.
At 9:20 in this video, it is stated that it is removable, not just a pop-up, so that is cool. Pull the front tops, pull this, and the rear windows for a nice open-air effect.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the gun turret only popped up. I knew that it removable. I started a thread yesterday inquiring about the possible accessory replacing the solid hatch with a transparent moonroof panel.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone explain why the BB grill speaks to me the way that it does? I hung around the Off Road Race scene in the mid 80s to the late 90s. Was this an aftermarket grill style for G1 Broncos at that time? The BB grill is simultaneously badass and strangely comfortable at the same time. Dunno.
That grill is one of my favorite parts. I think BB has best grill of the bunch.

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My experience with optional hard tops is with sports cars and those usually start about $1000 new, so $1900 for a larger, and more complex top doesn't seem out of line.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

We joke about that being a gun turret hole, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see South Texans shooting wild hogs out of that thing ?

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Big Bend with the LED taillights!!! Assuming this one has the mid package that adds the driver assistance stuff which usually has those sensors in the upgraded taillights like the F150.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread Rapid Red Big Bend 2021 Bronco on the road in the wild real life 4
Sponsored

Last edited: