First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Big Bend build, but it is hard to know what is right price wise. I want to keep the price under $38K. Hopefully they will get B&P fixed soon so I can be sure with my build.

My requirements are the automatic and Tube Steps - hopefully mid package isnt required to get Tube Steps.

Wants: signature lighting and if the auto is discounted with Mid package or V6...would consider.
Sponsored

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We can get everything we want in the BB without sasquaching it which i am happy about except the Auto 4x4 transfer case. Right now, I'm trying to figure out if that is enough of an issue to force us to move up to BD. That will cause us to lose the signature lighting and cloth seats which we want. Ugh.
i find it odd that you can option automatic 4x4 on the Black Diamond but on Big Bend it only comes with Sasquatch. Ford!

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i find it odd that you can option automatic 4x4 on the Black Diamond but on Big Bend it only comes with Sasquatch. Ford!
Yep...definitely frustrating. We'll just wait to see if it's some kind of weird quirk for the time being, but if it's going to still be a limitation in December, we'll have to weigh it out. Was really hoping for it.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been in the base group for a while. But now considering big bend for a few reasons
1) 4dr base appeared to included free auto trans, but if you’re upgrading to 2.7 anyway they all have free auto upgrade
2) the wheels on the base look horrible, big bend is decent
3) ability to add locking read diff, that being the biggest factor

is a bronco without locking diff a really bad idea for performance and resale? Sounds like it would really limit the usefulness of 4wd capability. Can anyone chime in?

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep...definitely frustrating. We'll just wait to see if it's some kind of weird quirk for the time being, but if it's going to still be a limitation in December, we'll have to weigh it out. Was really hoping for it.
This is my biggest gripe too. I'm flexible on a lot of my options but the Advanced 4x4 and a rear locker are the two that I really want. That combo now requires either BaseSquatch or Black Diamond. Hopefully it's just a bug.

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was originally going to go with the base and upgrade as I went, but looking at the gears, larger tires and having speedo set up for 32s figuref for the $2,500 more mights as well go that route feom the start....

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been in the base group for a while. But now considering big bend for a few reasons
1) 4dr base appeared to included free auto trans, but if you’re upgrading to 2.7 anyway they all have free auto upgrade

is a bronco without locking diff a really bad idea for performance and resale? Sounds like it would really limit the usefulness of 4wd capability. Can anyone chime in?
I agree about the steelie rims. They are awful. They should have an option for aluminum rim for us regular folks.

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my biggest gripe too. I'm flexible on a lot of my options but the Advanced 4x4 and a rear locker are the two that I really want. That combo now requires either BaseSquatch or Black Diamond. Hopefully it's just a bug.
Exactly! Rear locker and advanced 4x4 is what i want along with mid package. Looks like base/BB require sasquach for the advanced transfer case while you can add it to BD/OB without sasquach.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good question. Not the expert here but I’m definitely getting the rear locker to get real 4wd in situations like sand or heavy snow. Can’t see the need for a front locker unless you’re doing some serious rock crawling. Would think a rear locker would be a definite plus for resale too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right now this is our build, unless the auto 4x4 pulls us to BD.
Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread vehicle (3)

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I'm no expert either, but the rear locker seems really good to have in a just in case scenario. It's better to have it and not need it vs. needing it and not having it. It can't hurt resale either.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to the B&P Bug Thread, the Advanced 4WD choice is listed as something that needs to be fixed: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/compiled-list-of-issues-bugs-with-bronco-build-price.7297/
Well according to us it needs to be fixed. It could be a limitation that Ford had put in on purpose. That issue is literally the only thing i have a problem with on our BB build. It's driving me crazy and I'm researching everywhere about 4A vs 4H to see if we can do without it. Here in Denver, it's slick and snow on the road one place and dry pavement other places. 4H would be fine, but i also don't want to spend over 40k on a vehicle im keeping till it dies just to settle on the lower transfer case unless i absolutely have to.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well according to us it needs to be fixed. It could be a limitation that Ford had put in on purpose. That issue is literally the only thing i have a problem with on our BB build. It's driving me crazy and I'm researching everywhere about 4A vs 4H to see if we can do without it. Here in Denver, it's slick and snow on the road one place and dry pavement other places. 4H would be fine, but i also don't want to spend over 40k on a vehicle im keeping till it dies just to settle on the lower transfer case unless i absolutely have to.
I feel the same way, living in NH it sounds like it will be a requirement. I am at least glad to see that it is being acknowledged as a potential mistake that could get corrected before order time. If not, no way would I upgrade to a package I don't need just to get it. I will live with using 4H as I do now in my old Ford Sport Trac.
Sponsored