Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well according to us it needs to be fixed. It could be a limitation that Ford had put in on purpose. That issue is literally the only thing i have a problem with on our BB build. It's driving me crazy and I'm researching everywhere about 4A vs 4H to see if we can do without it. Here in Denver, it's slick and snow on the road one place and dry pavement other places. 4H would be fine, but i also don't want to spend over 40k on a vehicle im keeping till it dies just to settle on the lower transfer case unless i absolutely have to.
It's probably correct. Just like with all models, you can't get every option on every trim. Why have trims if you can get everything on every trim? It's how it works on all of Ford's other models and every other manufacturer does the same thing. Higher trims get more options.
Sponsored

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel the same way, living in NH it sounds like it will be a requirement. I am at least glad to see that it is being acknowledged as a potential mistake that could get corrected before order time. If not, no way would I upgrade to a package I don't need just to get it. I will live with using 4H as I do now in my old Ford Sport Trac.
How did the sport trac do in the snow and those conditions using just 4h? Any issues with jerking, etc going from snow to more dry pavement?

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm taking the "wait and see" attitude about this one. But, if it's true that what we see is correct, then perhaps we have lucked into a $1,500 discount if the automatic transmission is included in the mid-package.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did the sport trac do in the snow and those conditions using just 4h? Any issues with jerking, etc going from snow to more dry pavement?
Not a lot of jerking, but I would switch it to 2H when there was sustained dry pavement. Not the best solution and something I was hoping to avoid with a new vehicle.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm taking the "wait and see" attitude about this one. But, if it's true that what we see is correct, then perhaps we have lucked into a $1,500 discount if the automatic transmission is included in the mid-package.
I agree. I understand no one wants any surprises at the time of ordering, but this is one thing I wish they'd shut up about.

Sponsored

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a lot of jerking, but I would switch it to 2H when there was sustained dry pavement. Not the best solution and something I was hoping to avoid with a new vehicle.
I havenā€™t ever had a 4x4, so forgive my ignorance. will you damage anything if you keep it in 4H?

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I havenā€™t ever had a 4x4, so forgive my ignorance. will you damage anything if you keep it in 4H?
I had the same question when I got the Sport Trac a few years ago to drive during the winters here in NH. The truck comes with a manual named "Four Wheeling" and there is no mention of not driving in 4WD in dry conditions. However, the regular owners manual says " 4H or 4L operation is not recommended on dry pavement. Doing so could result in difficult disengagement of the transfer case, damage to the transfer case, increased tire wear, decreased fuel economy and difficulty turning. "
It's an '02, so systems may have changed a lot since then. I drive mostly on the highway and the pavement becomes dry for a stretch, I will switch it to 2WD.
Someone will probably have more knowledge on this than I do.

Ctyler11B

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree. I understand no one wants any surprises at the time of ordering, but this is one thing I wish they'd shut up about.
Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s correct. mid package includes remote start. Canā€™t have remote start on a manual, so Ford must have thought either 1) include the auto in with mid package or 2) have it a separate charge along with mid package and have people get more pissed at how expensive the bronco is and not get one because they canā€™t drive a manual.
Almost cars today come with a manual as a standard option so I canā€™t imagine theyā€™d charge for it.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s correct. mid package includes remote start. Canā€™t have remote start on a manual, so Ford must have thought either 1) include the auto in with mid package or 2) have it a separate charge along with mid package and have people get more pissed at how expensive the bronco is and not get one because they canā€™t drive a manual.
Almost cars today come with a manual as a standard option so I canā€™t imagine theyā€™d charge for it.
You could have a point, and that would make the mid package an unexpected bargain. I'm not sure where the preliminary pricing came from that showed a $1,500 charge to move to automatic in the vehicles that come standard with a manual.
The only personal experience I have is when I bought a '99 Z/28 with manual, it came standard with automatic and manual was a no charge option. Also, I bought an '08 Mini Cooper S with manual and the automatic was a >$1,000 option.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since B&P went live my choice isn't any easier lol. I can get pretty much every option I wanted in the big bend for a reasonable total. But if I choose to not go 2.7 the outerbanks still makes a compelling case....decisions decisions!

Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Makes sense. I could do without the mid package but really want that 110V outlet on the back console.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure this has been discussed at some point somewhere on this forum. But it only just hit me... The Big Bend grill is modeled after the 90's Broncos, right?

I realized this as I just passed a 90's Bronco on the road and was like omg duh.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an 03 4Runner with only 2H, 4H and 4L. I live in Colorado and never really had an issue. Tires make a big difference. I would also switch to 4H if conditions got bad. I would also switch back to 2H on sustained dry pavement. More of a nuisance than anything else. I do recall my owner's manual stating that I shouldn't drive over a certain speed (maybe 45 mph?), but if conditions are really bad, do I really want to be driving faster than that anyway?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm leaning towards a Big Bend model vs the Outer Banks I originally went with.

After pricing and seeing the interior options on the OB, combined with the wheel and color matching fenders, I decided that the Big Bend is the best choice for what I had envisioned for a Bronco.

If I could get the LED Signature lighting on the Black Diamond, I'd go that route, since I like the vinyl a bit better than cloth, but they have their own negatives with retaining heat while in direct sunlight and the like.

I'll look at adding the 12 inch display and the USB power ports and maybe new wheels down the road after I have it and get a modular white top when that comes out.
Sponsored