Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with @JTopsUSA as well. But I had emailed them way back in August asking if they were going to make Bronco shades. The answer was yes (and due out in the Spring) so I waited!
Sponsored

Last edited:

cpsocal

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not a fan of either option, Bestop has a cross bar, that's a no from me, and Gearshade has those ugly black triangles on the front corners, also a no from me. Hoping for something that's simply just mesh with a rim of some sort. As little visual opstruction as possible when driving open. Beside, GS calls these "pockets", I guess they have zippers? I can't think of a thing I'd ever put there.
Got some more time before the real summer heat hits here. Get with it after market! ;-)
GearShade makes a version of their mesh top without those triangle pockets. The pics here show the pockets but I did confirm they will be all mesh no corners. Just ordered one myself.

https://www.gearshade.com/product/4-door-bronco-mesh-top-no-pockets/

Ftchmup

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 20 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

leby065

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX35
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Bimini Top Question A9F749D4-BB1D-4B4C-9EC9-EC81D018AD2F

Take a look at JTops!
broncosunshades.com
evening! Just took a look at your site. I’m a bit confused how I would reach the latch to secure or release my soft top. It looks like the gear shade goes right to the edge and that nylon border flipped up won’t leave enough room to put the top back down on my own.

does that make sense?

thanks!

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
evening! Just took a look at your site. I’m a bit confused how I would reach the latch to secure or release my soft top. It looks like the gear shade goes right to the edge and that nylon border flipped up won’t leave enough room to put the top back down on my own.

does that make sense?

thanks!
This is a great question!
The front nylon strip flips back and the soft top hardware has access to the locking flanges. It works perfectly! This a JTopsUSA patented feature we have been using on our Jeep products for years.
When you fold the hardtop back it flips back forward and closes the gap. There are 4 neodymium n48 grade commercial magnets that hold it tightly closed so there is no gap, no wind or sun coming through.
I hope this helped answer your question.

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like it and I do think the middle bar reduces waviness/flapping while driving; how could it not?

The only flapping sounds I get on the highway, are from the four tightening straps at the rear of the Bronco. I could tuck the straps in if I wanted but I actually think they look cool hanging down plus it allows me to hang a flag back there.
need a pic of your flag set up. Sounds promising.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Working on it. We take things slow and test, test, test. It must be right or we will not put our name on it! we are on prototype number 5 and still working.
Don't know if there is a "list" to get on for a 2-door in black mesh, but I would like to be on any such pre-order list. Thanks.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know if there is a "list" to get on for a 2-door in black mesh, but I would like to be on any such pre-order list. Thanks.
Best thing is to order free color samples from our website and get on the mailing list. Also we will announce when we start preorders on this forum and Facebook.
I’m hoping we are ready in a couple of weeks.
Mike

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How’s the Bestop? I feel like the middle rob should add some resistance to flapping?
The middle rod helps with flop but chatters horribly at 45mph plus. I’m gonna have to put rtv in the rod then assemble if the rod had rubber instead of hard plastic it wouldn’t make the noise.

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best thing is to order free color samples from our website and get on the mailing list. Also we will announce when we start preorders on this forum and Facebook.
I’m hoping we are ready in a couple of weeks.
Mike
Are you guys looking at making shades that work with the factory hardtop?

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you guys looking at making shades that work with the factory hardtop?
Yes we are working on the final version next week! The design team is getting together ti finalize the design!
This is a pic of a prototype of the soft top version.
Ford Bronco Bimini Top Question JTops Ford Bronco bimini sun shad

Last edited:

The Black Key

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bimini top is super tight, looks good and no sag. But, there is some"chatter" from the two front clips. To solve that , I've put a very small piece of tape (duct) on the Bronco latch receivers to keep the plastic clips from direct contact with the two receivers from rattling at highway speeds. Below 50mph, top is very quite.

20220310_082729[1].jpg
My Bimini top is super tight, looks good and no sag. But, there is some"chatter" from the two front clips. To solve that , I've put a very small piece of tape (duct) on the Bronco latch receivers to keep the plastic clips from direct contact with the two receivers from rattling at highway speeds. Below 50mph, top is very quite.

Ford Bronco Bimini Top Question JTops Ford Bronco bimini sun shad
I did the same thing today. My passenger side clip was “chattering.” I cut 2 pieces of Gorilla tape to size and put them on the actual clip. Fixed the issue.

charlieecho

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like it and I do think the middle bar reduces waviness/flapping while driving; how could it not?

The only flapping sounds I get on the highway, are from the four tightening straps at the rear of the Bronco. I could tuck the straps in if I wanted but I actually think they look cool hanging down plus it allows me to hang a flag back there.
so after 3 weeks those straps on the back have basically worn out. Either broke or have stretched out to the point the plastic won’t clip anymore. Have you experienced this ?

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I stopped at the Ford Dealer that I bought my Bronco from. I am interested in getting a Bimini Top <— I may of spelled that wrong. Anyway the top that was installed on another bronco was super loose and floppy. I would think with the top down that would make a bunch of noise and flop around. Are they installed tight? Are they noisy? What do you think? Should i get fords? Or Gearshade?
I got a JTops. No flop at any speed.
Sponsored