First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This could be coincidental with the large update me 2021 had, the sync update. BUT for the past 3 days my turn signals in the rear are on, all the time. They only turn off if I turn the headlights off. As in their are solid yellow. If I engage my turn signals, the front blink normally, the indicator inside blinks rapidly and the rear turn signals are solid. Even if I do not have either blinker engaged the rears are solid. I have a tow hitch with lights hooked up, an aftermarket one that just piggy backs into the lights. But this issue is brand new. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same issues. I had the curt hitch light wiring installed and the harness went bad somewhere. I disconnected the harness and my blinkers in the rear worked again. Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot further because it's cold and rainy out.

OP
OP
Clean68

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Exactly what I have. I’ll give that a go when it isn’t snowing. Hopefully the wiring harness isn’t bad, would be so fast.

I had the same issues. I had the curt hitch light wiring installed and the harness went bad somewhere. I disconnected the harness and my blinkers in the rear worked again. Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot further because it's cold and rainy out.

OP
OP
Clean68

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You ever figure this out?

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first thing I would do would be to disconnect the wiring harness. That will tell you if it is the harness or the Bronco. I'd bet 99% on the harness.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You ever figure this out?
No, I actually haven't tried, yet. I haven't needed the harness so it hasn't been a high priority for me. I suspect Curt just had a bad batch of harnesses sent out. I think I've seen a few more issues of the same variety pop on the forum.

OP
OP
Clean68

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No, I actually haven't tried, yet. I haven't needed the harness so it hasn't been a high priority for me. I suspect Curt just had a bad batch of harnesses sent out. I think I've seen a few more issues of the same variety pop on the forum.
Not sure if this helps, but it only happens for me when the headlights go on. The blinker stays solid when in use. Then I can turn the head lights off and it works perfect.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if you removed the harness and resolved the issue, you could take a meter or test light to find the 12v source.

I would disconnect the plug from the lights leaving it attached to the truck then test it with the lights off, then with it on, you will quickly find which one of the wires is getting a signal.

Then determine the fix from there, remembering its clearly an issue tied to the update so I wouldn't go cutting the harness up as a patch may be on the way once this is reported.
Sponsored