JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@JP_Oracle

I was going to take a look and swap the resistors tomorrow, except the right one started giving me the fast flash this afternoon. Please advise.
Very strange. Maybe the connectors have some corrosion? Have you looked at that yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very strange. Maybe the connectors have some corrosion? Have you looked at that yet?
No, but I will take it apart tonight. Will report back.

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup. Green and fuzzy on both sides

16728703909088477610205823051557.jpg

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup. Green and fuzzy on both sides

Ford Bronco Turn Signal Fast Flash 16728703909088477610205823051557
Try cleaning those contacts and then adding a generous amount of di-electric grease inside before plugging back in. That should resolve the issue.

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Try cleaning those contacts and then adding a generous amount of di-electric grease inside before plugging back in. That should resolve the issue.
I've cleaned up the terminals 3 times with a wire brush and terminal cleaner so far. No dice.

I don't want to void my warranty, but I'm willing to snip off those janky connectors and replace them with heatshrink butt connectors.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've cleaned up the terminals 3 times with a wire brush and terminal cleaner so far. No dice.

I don't want to void my warranty, but I'm willing to snip off those janky connectors and replace them with heatshrink butt connectors.
That won't void your warranty. Give that a try and PM me the outcome. We'll go from there.

ChristineMackey

Black Diamond
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My situation last month was the same as yours. I've had the Oracle tails on mine for roughly the same time. Observed that while all the signals function, only the right one accelerates on the dash. That would be the first time a resistor on one of these has failed. Follow the product development process to ensure the resistor doesn't accidentally unplug itself and that the 2-pin connector is corrosion-free.

MagdalenaFinkel

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My situation last month was the same as yours. I've had the Oracle tails on mine for roughly the same time. Observed that while all the signals function, only the right one accelerates on the dash. That would be the first time a resistor on one of these has failed. Follow the product development process to ensure the resistor doesn't accidentally unplug itself and that the 2-pin connector is corrosion-free.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One if not all of the chain auto parts stores sell “Bulb Grease” (dielectric grease) . It comes in a tiny tube. I have a boat in salt water, so trust me it works very well on any type of plug in connections susceptible to corrosion.

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One if not all of the chain auto parts stores sell “Bulb Grease” (dielectric grease) . It comes in a tiny tube. I have a boat in salt water, so trust me it works very well on any type of plug in connections susceptible to corrosion.
Oh for sure. Slab that stuff on everything. I should have done it during the initial install. I wasn't really thinking at the time and I suppose I just assumed the Oracle connectors were weatherproof.

I am kind of surprised the resistors weren't assembled as part of the light assembly though. These lights are primarily for Halogen taillight users, so it would make more sense to make them as a unit and have LED users remove the resistors for their purposes.

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is going on here?

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)