Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,

Yesterday a gremlin popped up in my truck. The dashboard turn indicator is giving the "bulb out" fast flash. Exterior signals appear to working properly.
'22 Base Man SAS, Stock Base headlamps, & Oracle LED tails.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first thing I would do is put the stock taillights back on. LEDs can easily cause a fast flash with vehicles that originally had incandescent turn signals ;)

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forgot to mention in my original post its only on the driver side.

I've had the Oracles in for about 2 months now. They include resisters as well. So, unlikely unless the resistor failed on the one side. I'll have to swap the housing and verify.

Sponsored

joshslighter

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru WRX, 1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forgot to mention in my original post its only on the driver side.

I've had the Oracles in for about 2 months now. They include resisters as well. So, unlikely unless the resistor failed on the one side. I'll have to swap the housing and verify.
Weird, I just had the exact same thing happen to mine this morning. I have the Oracle tails on mine too, about the same period of time as well. Noticed all the signals work just the right one goes faster on the dash.

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's wild. It must be a Buffalo thing. We could swap my left or your right and see if the problem moves with the light or stays with the vehicle.

joshslighter

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll probably swap the right one out on mine tomorrow when I'm on my lunch break and see what happens. I'll update here with what I find out.

@JP_Oracle is it possible for the resistors on the LED tails to fail but also continue to function?

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll probably swap the right one out on mine tomorrow when I'm on my lunch break and see what happens. I'll update here with what I find out.

@JP_Oracle is it possible for the resistors on the LED tails to fail but also continue to function?
Check to make sure the resistor just didn't come unplugged and that the resistor's 2-pin connector is free of corrosion. Haven't had a resistor fail on these yet so that would be a first.

joshslighter

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Check to make sure the resistor just didn't come unplugged and that the resistor's 2-pin connector is free of corrosion. Haven't had a resistor fail on these yet so that would be a first.
Sounds good. I'll update this thread when I take it apart tomorrow. Thanks for the quick reply!

Sponsored

joshslighter

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I guess there is a first for everything. I just swapped the resistor that is working on my driver's side to the passenger side and the issue just switched sides. Is it possible to just get a new one resistor or would we need to send back the whole assembly?

@86Isuzu, try swapping around your resistors and see if you come up with the same results I did.

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I guess there is a first for everything. I just swapped the resistor that is working on my driver's side to the passenger side and the issue just switched sides. Is it possible to just get a new one resistor or would we need to send back the whole assembly?

@86Isuzu, try swapping around your resistors and see if you come up with the same results I did.
Thanks for confirming. Just shoot me a PM with your order number if ordered direct and I'll get one coming.

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll have to give that a shot later this week. I'm not dealing with it in this weather.

OP
OP
86Isuzu

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@JP_Oracle

I was going to take a look and swap the resistors tomorrow, except the right one started giving me the fast flash this afternoon. Please advise.
Sponsored