Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm probably opposite of most here. Seeing these pics has me worried that the BD is as tall as the Rubi in seat height. I'm looking for lower, not taller. I hope I'm wrong, else I may be in the Sport crowd. :(
Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That comment is false. Wheels standard, tires no charge. Premium top 595. Steel bumper group and led. 46k rubicon
When I ordered my 2 doror Rubicon has those options and a number of others and I ended up paying about 41k.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do have to admit, that black Rubicon is holding it's own next to the new Bronco. I'll feel very fortunate to own both, that's once my Wildtrak is delevered.
Feel the same way and will be in the same boat as I am keeping my 2 door Rubicon. Will be adding a Badlands (was going WT until the recent issues with the top and interior). Only question now is do I stay with the 4 door Bronco or go with a 2 door.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
those wheels look sharp! I don't know if I like them better than the steelies though.
I'm having a hard time deciding if I really want to spend $950 for those rims, or just get the Steelies for now and go aftermarket. I'm kind of leaning to the latter.

Sponsored

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking like the 2 door will be the perfect size for me, my wife, little boy, and the dog. I might build a bumper buddy for longer trips where we need more stuff, but most of the time, that'll do nicely.
Most cross country trips will have a small trailer with dirtbikes on it, so a rubbermaid tote full of camping gear can ride betwen them if need be. I'm still very excited about my Bronco!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

F7398649-FE0C-4D2A-9A33-BEC665561B4E.jpeg

I love this site and my Bronco will be one hundred times better based on the knowledge I have gained here but I think tire size discussion often goes off the rails. I think the 70s Baja Bronco probably had stock 31” tires and it is the coolest damn vehicle on the planet. Many of us on this forum are not in an arms race with Jeep for Bro bragging rites. I get that my stock BD will probably not be capable of running the Rubicon Trail but at fifty I will be happy to stay on the 80 percent of the trails I can handle with 32s. That’s all. Kids carry on.
Ha, I'm in the same boat. As toughguy as the sasquatch or bigger tires look, i'm not a fan of how much those bigger tires are going to eventually cost to replace. I'll stay stock thank you very much.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing to not be excited about, you will be far less fatigued after the road trip. And God forbid you want to take a peek at something your passenger or child is trying to show you for a split second. And end up in the other lane. Happens to me all the time, they can take my jeep back and put it where it belongs traversing some rocks or trees I run snow covered seasonal roads and logging roads. I don't need badlands level equipment for that. However I do need a vehicle that has normal highway road manners.
Are you saying I'll be less fatigued than taking road trips in my 30 year old jeep? Or that the 2door is going to be a horrible ride and I'll be worn out from driving it? This ain't my first rodeo. I've done cross country trips in a CJ-5 on 33's. That part is gonna be FIIIIIIINE. Maybe not for everybody, but I can handle it no problem. I'm excited about being able to take a stock vehicle anywhere my built Jeep will go, with more power, better mileage, more comfort, and more reliability by virtue of not having 250k miles on it. I'll be very surprised if I find the road manners unacceptable.
I've also driven over 1 million miles in commercial trucks, have raced cars with rock hard suspensions, and have rock crawled in $100k buggies, and still drive my 1990 Jeep Cherokee 5+ hours to go wheeling and camping. This thing will feel like a Lincoln TownCar in comparison.
That said, I'll still have a Subaru station wagon that I'll drive a lot, so I can get a break from all the badassery that will be my Bronco once in a while.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish ford did a bumper like that. give option to the customer, but on there end, extra money to charge. depending on price, I may buy the winch adapter. aftermarket will have bumpers available for a winch for sure. just a matter of time
I can’t imagine either Ford or aftermarket won’t develop something like that eventually. I personally don’t mind having it on top, but totally understand the desire for a cleaner look. I’m going to purchase a winch with the control box off center. Hopefully Ford will sell the mount solution separately

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ha, I'm in the same boat. As toughguy as the sasquatch or bigger tires look, i'm not a fan of how much those bigger tires are going to eventually cost to replace. I'll stay stock thank you very much.
And with some smooth and sweet aftermarket fender flare deletes, our BDs can have a similar stance as the iconic legend above.
cant wait.
Sponsored