John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's a little tidbit that might make you feel a whole lot better about the stock tire/wheel size on the Black Diamond trim.

First the dilemma, as it pertains to me and some others that have expressed the concern:
  • The stock wheels/tires look too small on the Black Diamond
    • especially when considering the amount of open space left in the wheel well
    • especially when comparing to all of the pre-production models we have been fed so far - which are mostly some sort of Sasquatch build

• Here is an example of your media fed Bronco (what they want you to think a Bronco is..)
    • Just Google 2021 Ford Bronco and some of the first images back are of these beefy guys:
    • 1603745714329.png
    • 1603745668004.png
    • 1603745643444.png

Now consider that there is not a lot of media out there on the stock Black Diamond trim. We know what the Sasquatch Bronco looks like (bad ass) but we don't know if we need or want all of that, especially considering the hefty upgrade price. So you really consider the stock... But when you look at what we have seen, then take a look at a stock CGI build it makes you think twice. Image for example:

1603745974634.png

hm.. let's consider that sasquatch build again:

1603746041886.png

Much more of what I imagined. You get that nice aggressive height, you're filling the wheel well, it just looks better. But...

1603746226554.png

I have been doing a lot of research & comparisons. I have had a lot of conflicting thoughts, gone through a lot of motions, had some coming of Jesus', and so on. In summary I had to make sure this is the vehicle that I want. I doing so (making sure) I have checked out and test driven some other vehicles. In addition to that have done a lot of interwebs searches.

I'll tell you without any reference that the stock Black Diamond tires are wider than the some competitors - like the Land Rover Defender. But to make you feel better let's go through an exercise.

Do you agree these wheels look small? Maybe too small for the vehicle, for the look that you imagined?
1603746395544.png

Do you think that these wheels/tires look small?
1603746559438.png

1603746924858.png

1603746605748.png

1603746945017.png

1603746954326.png

1603747178724.png

Personally I don't think that they look to small. I think that this vehicle looks extremely aggressive and badass. So much so that when I viewed it in person I almost bought it on the spot. Those are some aggressive, nice looking wheels/tires on an aggressive, nice looking off road vehicle. Comparing this vehicle (in person) to the Bronco (online CGI) I would bet a lot of money that those tires on the Colorado are much bigger than the stock Black Diamond.

Chevy Colorado ZR2
17" 265/65R17 Goodyear® Wrangler DuraTrac®

Now the size of those tires on the stock Black DIamond..

Black Diamond
T265/70R17 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires | INCLUDED

Conclusion:
Same Width! And a bit taller tire than this aggressive Chevy Colorado ZR2! (which looks huge and aggressive in person)

Maybe that didn't help you, and maybe you do not agree. But overall this definitely made me feel better about the stock choice for the Black Diamond so I just wanted to share.

Cheers
Very nice presentation and thanks for taking the time. I love the deep dives.
Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm back. I was trying to cheat on you today with the BL, but she wouldn't have me...... Love those bfg ho2's 33"....and signature lights. But I'd never use the disconnect and probably not the front locker unless I did something really stupid. And the sound deadening.... Wt? So 3-4k is too far. I'm sorry honey. I won't look again.
it seems we are in the same boat. Those are my favorite wheels for the money and every day driving. The BD optional aluminum’s are not bad.
Does anyone know if we could put 33” AT tires on the BD without any modifications? Just want to know as I may want a larger tire in case they do look small especially since since it seems 75% of the 4-door broncos will be squatched and I Don’t want to look like the little guy. ?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it seems we are in the same boat. Those are my favorite wheels for the money and every day driving. The BD optional aluminum’s are not bad.
Does anyone know if we could put 33” AT tires on the BD without any modifications? Just want to know as I may want a larger tire in case they do look small especially since since it seems 75% of the 4-door broncos will be squatched and I Don’t want to look like the little guy. ?
I would think it would be possible without modification, but we won't know till we try. That would be my plan regardless of getting the BD or the BB is to go 33s.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Better yet, the dude that took the pic (too lazy to find and tag him) said the first thing that came to his mind when examining the vinyl was wallpaper. I get it if you are one of those people that has the top off 90% of the year. But, you are definitely sacrificing all comfort. At least thats what those photos tell me. I would go back to BD if I could option good old cloth.
Exactly. My problem is that the advanced transfer case is calling my name and i don't want to have to sasquach the BB to get it, so for now the BB and BD are still in play. Ugh... the battle continues.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The body size is going to compare within inches of a wrangler, wrangler unlimited, and the Defender. The Jeep guys seem to gravitate to 35’s with a 2” lift for the most part. Look at those wheel set ups on and you will likely see what appeals best to you. I will say If the Bronco user aftermarket is anything like the Wrangler and Gladiator there is going to be tons of take off wheels from everything from the base to Wildtrak for around 1k. I expect to see the most factory take offs from the BD, BL and wildtrak. Attaching an aftermarket 35” tire and rim I saw on a new Jeep. Thinking 35s will look great if they fit on the carbonized Gray BD.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread C9CEBE4E-1B4A-44AA-83F0-059A620DC634

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 187BE0D3-5246-4E59-BF21-24E8BEA40492

Last edited:

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The body size is going to compare within inches of a wrangler and 4 door will compare size wise with the Defender as well. Look at tire set ups on the Wranglers and Defender and you will likely see what appeals best to you. I will say I’d the Bronco user aftermarket is like the Wrangler and Gladiator there are going to be tons of take off tires and rims from everything from the base to first edition for around 1k. I expect to see lost factory take offs from the BD, BL and wildtrak.
I will be all over a set of the standard takeoffs from a BL.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think it would be possible without modification, but we won't know till we try. That would be my plan regardless of getting the BD or the BB is to go 33s.
Can't imagine it wouldn't work....

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

than this aggressive Chevy Colorado ZR2! (which looks huge and aggressive in person)
You almost had me until the Colorado ZR2 comparison. That truck doesn't look right, at all, without the AEV fenders that allow you to upgrade to 35s. I hung out quite a bit in the ZR2 forums prior to deciding, for sure, on the Bronco and getting 35s or even 33s to fit was easily the number one topic day in and day out.

Sponsored

azumwalt

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have a picture of the blue accent stitching?

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You almost had me until the Colorado ZR2 comparison. That truck doesn't look right, at all, without the AEV fenders that allow you to upgrade to 35s. I hung out quite a bit in the ZR2 forums prior to deciding, for sure, on the Bronco and getting 35s or even 33s to fit was easily the number one topic day in and day out.
I think the Wrangler Willys is a better real life comparison to the BD without the Sasquatch package. The BD tire is a bit wider than the Willys but it will give many members hope.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 44EC4CF5-23E9-432E-83CA-0D19D610F720
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread D920BC7D-8859-4361-A550-395ED1ABC44E

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same size 265/70R17 (Falken Wildpeaks) on my Tacoma. I think that size tire on the BD will be fine! I may just put the Squatch money into other options on the BD.
Hey man nice truck...
I have the same one..

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the Wrangler Willys is a better real life comparison to the BD without the Sasquatch package. The BD tire is a bit wider than the Willys but it will give many members hope.
I'll be set if I squatch or not. Very familiar with the Willys!

9MyKiDG.jpg