Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well the "new" B&P almost, ALMOST lured me back to the Big Bend but was not quite successful (due to the cost of the Capable or Modular bumper). Big Bend you are a tease and a temptress but I am sticking with the Black Diamond hotness.

Edit--
It was close, before the bumpers I was about $1500 shy of the BD build. At that difference it was a close call. Since the Capable bumper had fog lights in it, and cool shackles, figured I would check it out. However, that brought me to within $500. For $500 more I could get the MGV (possibly more durable but definitely easier to clean up) and rock rails (to cover up the pinch welds on the rockets). That visual value brought me back to BD.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right now, the plan is to go BD for the great interior colors and the moderate of roading bits and then look for some takeoff BL springs and position sensing shocks after people start to upgrade their BL. Don't need the front locker or sway bar disconnect on the BL, so I'm hoping someone sells their takeoff BL springs/shocks or someone comes out with a kit aftermarket with similar quality. I hope the suspension arms are the same from BD to BL though, i don't want to have to deal with that.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if Ford is the same way, but when I changed the headlights out on my Wrangler, I brought it to the dealer to get them aligned. This was in 2015. Right as I pulled into the dealer, a service advisor plugged something into the OB2 port and in seconds replied to me, even before I had a chance to explain why I was there: What did you do to your vehicle? Then he was explaining something to me, as I was telling him what my appt was for. Needless to say, they knew the vehicle was tampered with. Not that they cared. They gave me a free alignment and I was on my way.

Could have been the CANBUS system in the Jeep, I'm paraphrasing someones explanation here but it's basically a communication network that allows different modules to communicate with each other. The BCM (Body Control Module) controls and monitors signals that provide power to the lights in the vehicle and are able to detect how much load is powering the actual lights and if the circuit connected to them is OPEN, CLOSED, SHORTED, and the actual RESISTANCE. It does a bunch of other stuff that I can't get my head around lol.

It basically tell's you when you have a headlight or tail light out. I think if you have lights that don't match the stock parameters it might throw a code or warning light in the dash. I think the Ranger's have some sort of a CANBUS system so the Bronco will too. Something to keep in mind if swapping headlights and taillights.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I assume you cant get running boards on the Black Diamond because of the rock rails.

Sorry if this is stupid...I am not an off road person.
this is the only thing I would change if I could, I desperately want vinyl but have kids so really hope to be able to swap the rock rails for steps.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this is the only thing I would change if I could, I desperately want vinyl but have kids so really hope to be able to swap the rock rails for steps.
Make a deal with someone on forum to swap or sell to each other?

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was totally in for BD but since manual isn't offer with mid pak I'm confuse.
I need heated seat, it's cold here in Montréal (canada)

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat. If somebody could confirm that the Sasquatch package would be a good ride on highways I would do it. Worried about noisy ride, poor gas mileage etc as this will be my daily driver.
I think it being engineered from the factory that with Sasquatch means it will be just fine on the highway as far as NVH

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
sorry if this was already asked and answered but if you get the on demand 4X4 does that give you the front locker on the BD? in the details for the advanced 4x4 it says it 'provides electronically locked power to BOTH axles'. or is that getting done without the front locker somehow.

thanks in advance if anyone knows!

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Grooticus

Big Bend