Sponsored

Black Painted top equals priority code 99?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same as everyone above. I have a mod top on my order and priority code 19
Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reservation was on 2/22 and my priority was coded 10. I think it depends on the dealer and how they enter it.
Priority code outside of 99 is not important. Ford is going to build based off reservation time stamp so a priority 19 could be built before a 10. 99 is a hold order code.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Ford ordering system determines what the Priority code is for some of them. I've got a First Edition Customer that has the Black Mod Top with a Priority Code 99. Dealer can't change it to 19 and expect it to stay. I know because I've tried, it immediately reverted it back to 99.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
19 here. A bonus for those of us with the mod top; remove the glass and have easy access to the bolts holding it down from outside, no crawling around the back to remove the clamshell. I really think it will make the difference sometimes between pulling it off (ceiling hoist) and not.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me: “I never received my confirmation email from Ford. I was advised to make sure my dealer doesn’t have it as a 99 priority code, as has happened to some others and why they didn’t get their confirmation email. Would you mind double-checking that? If the code priority code is correct, do you know why I’ve never received the email?”

Dealer: “So yes, your order is coming out as a priority 99. The reason it is stating that is because of the type of roof you chose. That particular roof is showing as late availability. The other orders we have converted are showing as priority 19.. Let me know what you want me to do and I can get the answers for you.“

Me: “My understanding is priority 99 is a “do not build” code and is being used for reservation holders who want a model year 22. Mine should be a priority code between 10 and 19, even with the late availability mod top. Is this something the dealership can fix for me?”

Dealer: “We do not control the priority. When we convert the order, make changes, and then submit, it crosses over to a priority 19. When we hit submit on your order it gives us an error because of the fact the shadow black painted roof was selected. And that makes it a late availability. If I chose the regular roof it would probably switch over to a priority 19. If you have any info that we may not know about let me know. Will be glad to help. We were told Ford will not be doing Shadow Black painted roofs for 2021.”

Any advice on how to tackle this? My order is a FE with mod black roof.
Perhaps ping one of the knowledgeable dealers on here and see if they can give you any info to pass along to your dealer? Granger, Stephens, DealerInsider are the three that come immediately to mind. All have been very helpful to folks on here over the last several months.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Priority code outside of 99 is not important. Ford is going to build based off reservation time stamp so a priority 19 could be built before a 10. 99 is a hold order code.
Oh I know that, you mentioned that reservations past a certain date were automatically coded 99 and that was not the case for me. Codes don't mean anything about an order unless it is a 99.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me: “I never received my confirmation email from Ford. I was advised to make sure my dealer doesn’t have it as a 99 priority code, as has happened to some others and why they didn’t get their confirmation email. Would you mind double-checking that? If the code priority code is correct, do you know why I’ve never received the email?”

Dealer: “So yes, your order is coming out as a priority 99. The reason it is stating that is because of the type of roof you chose. That particular roof is showing as late availability. The other orders we have converted are showing as priority 19.. Let me know what you want me to do and I can get the answers for you.“

Me: “My understanding is priority 99 is a “do not build” code and is being used for reservation holders who want a model year 22. Mine should be a priority code between 10 and 19, even with the late availability mod top. Is this something the dealership can fix for me?”

Dealer: “We do not control the priority. When we convert the order, make changes, and then submit, it crosses over to a priority 19. When we hit submit on your order it gives us an error because of the fact the shadow black painted roof was selected. And that makes it a late availability. If I chose the regular roof it would probably switch over to a priority 19. If you have any info that we may not know about let me know. Will be glad to help. We were told Ford will not be doing Shadow Black painted roofs for 2021.”

Any advice on how to tackle this? My order is a FE with mod black roof.
Me thinks your dealer doesn't know what he's doing. I optioned the MOD top on my 10/04 reservation, and my dealer coded it priority 19 (I know it doesn't affect my build date as I know mine will be a '22 model from my late res. date). So I think your fella's kinda full of chit. Good luck, I hope you can get them to understand.

With a FE reservation I'm sure you are a July res. Remind him "late availability" doesn't necessarily mean in the year 2022. It means they will be late '21 availability. I don't know this for sure, but I would bet that a Bronco FE would get the MOD top before say a Bronco OBX. Heck, "First Edition" has to mean something in the equation.

Last edited:

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently had my dealer convert my 7/14 reservation to an order. It's a Wildtrak with the black mod top. We did everything through email. I received a confirmation email from Ford and my order shows In Store Order. The priority code shows 99 on the summary sheet he emailed me. I responded that the priority code can't be 99 because that puts my order on hold. He did respond. So, I made an appointment with him to get it straightened out this week. Hopefully, they don't push back.

Am I correct that it should definitely not be priority 99, otherwise Ford won't schedule the build and send me an estimated delivery date in May?

Should I demand that it be moved to priority 10-19? I would think all the scheduling shouldbe left up to Ford unless I request a delay.

I've also read that they could be shady and switch it to a lower number temporarily and then change it. Is that a thing? I don't get that vibe from my salesman though.

I was told I'm #5 of 29 initial allocations at the dealer.

Just an update.... I visited my dealer yesterday and asked about the priority 99. He said it goes into the system as 99 and then when it goes through Ford's WDBO system the priority code changes to 19. He said the summary sheet was printed out before the order finished registering in the WDBO system. I don't know if he was telling the truth or not, but he printed it out again and the summary sheet now says priority 19.
Sponsored