First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello , I am In the market for a new 4dr bronco. There are a couple of places local in the Tampa area that have BIG BEND trim levels, with tons of after market accessories (lift , new tires. & wheels, leather trim , painted bumper etc) … I went and looked at some and I can’t get over all the black plastic trim (fenders, door handles, mirrors). I also feel like these establishments are banking off people financing all the after market work.

Is the Outer Banks model the only trim model with the painted door handles& mirrors ? Any have the pillars painted ?
Thank you in advance .
Sponsored

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Outerbanks gets painted fenders and handles all other trims for 2022 get the non painted handles and fenders

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can buy mirror caps, door handles, and fender flares that are primed from Ford if you want to change it out. Just got to paint it. I was in the market to change out those as well, but honestay after getting new tires etc,. I think the black keeps it looking a little more rugged. So depends on what you prefer but it’s all modular so you can always change it.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
A few people have tried painting the B pillar body color, but most put it back to black, it just doesn't look right.

Painted things are just black plastic underneath.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As was mentioned above, the OBX is the only trim that comes from the factory with the painted flares, mirror caps, handles. You could follow the suggestion of buying parts that come ready to paint, but then you still have the cost of painting. There is also suppliers such as BFN Truckshop that sells already painted trim pieces so you can buy the Big Bends that are at the dealer and swap out the trim pieces.

Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you want a bronco to mall crawl.

OP
OP
Jeverall

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like you want a bronco to mall crawl.
haha, pretty much. I don't need a wench or LED bars or anything like that. Prefer a more luxurious option, but I love the look of the lifted Broncos on 33"+ ..... I always liked wranglers but I never found them comfortable or roomy. I appreciate the perspective of the black trim being more rugged and a match to the tires. I don't know which would drive me more crazy.... Potential fading of the black trim OR bugs destroying the side mirrors and my kids scratching up the door handles......

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

haha, pretty much. I don't need a wench or LED bars or anything like that. Prefer a more luxurious option, but I love the look of the lifted Broncos on 33"+ ..... I always liked wranglers but I never found them comfortable or roomy. I appreciate the perspective of the black trim being more rugged and a match to the tires. I don't know which would drive me more crazy.... Potential fading of the black trim OR bugs destroying the side mirrors and my kids scratching up the door handles......
ok then, OBX it is. Has the style with the fender flares painted too

OP
OP
Jeverall

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks all- picked up an outer banks today . Not a super fan of the wheel tire set up , but hoping to change. It has the standard 2 tone leather interior.. but I am hoping to switch for the diamond stitch 😬

00D936A7-92D5-4E79-A213-B8B3CEE537F8.jpeg

FBB82A1E-FA8F-4C7C-8B81-59622627FB56.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jeverall

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! Where did you get your Bronco script emblem, if you would recommend ? Seeing mixed reviews for some sellers

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks all- picked up an outer banks today . Not a super fan of the wheel tire set up , but hoping to change. It has the standard 2 tone leather interior.. but I am hoping to switch for the diamond stitch 😬

00D936A7-92D5-4E79-A213-B8B3CEE537F8.jpeg

FBB82A1E-FA8F-4C7C-8B81-59622627FB56.jpeg
Katskin is your best bet for the custom seats. For the wheels, I would just have a local shop powder coat them to a darker/different color. Will totally change the appearance and will be MUCH cheaper than a new set of 5.

OP
OP
Jeverall

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you, was also hoping I could potentially sell the 5 to someone moving from stock- to help pay for some of the difference they are 17 x 8.5 Rhinos with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja legends.
Sponsored