First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm going to try and revive this year old thread. My bronco has the 3 switches and a big empty space and no overhead aux switches. I'm wondering if I can swap out the switch bank here with a full set of switches and pick up some aux switches this way. Any new information?

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it was all software, they would put a full deck of hero switches and some simply would or would not work. The fact that they have to stock and provision different parts makes me wonder why.

PowderP

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d like to add the 3 switches to my base and add a rear locker.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Watching

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keeping this thread alive... Has anyone tried adding hero switches? I'm adding an ARB locker and compressor and would like to wire them to a hero switch. I don't have aux switches either, so this would be an outstanding solution.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think this is the part number with the sta-bar disconnect and automatic trans, which should give you all the buttons:

Switch Assembly - Ford (M2DZ-13D730-CA)

It's only $137 from here:

https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/...y-m2dz13d730ca?c=bD00Jm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

No idea on the connectors, would think if you didn't have options then it would ignore them but how to repurpose them for something else, no clue but it's cheap enough to experiment with.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keeping this thread alive... Has anyone tried adding hero switches? I'm adding an ARB locker and compressor and would like to wire them to a hero switch. I don't have aux switches either, so this would be an outstanding solution.
I had no idea there was an aftermarket rear locker! Do you have an idea of the install cost for it?

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had no idea there was an aftermarket rear locker! Do you have an idea of the install cost for it?
You have to replace the ring and pinion while adding it. It honestly cheaper to add an entire new axle from a junk yard or Ford.

The labor is around $700 for ring and pinion installed, which includes the Locker install. The ARB locker is about $1,000. I got a deal on mine for less. The ring and pinion was around $280 iirc, and the install kit was about $250. Then you need a compressor and manifold and mount. I went with the single ARB compressor to save a few hundred bucks. Only about $380. Then the manifold was $90. Pump up kit was another $100. Mount was $250. Now I'm looking for aftermarket switch options for hooking up the compressor and some lights... Also went with the ARB rear differential cover for about $180. Not necessary but as long as it's being pulled, might as well upgrade it...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going to try and revive this year old thread. My bronco has the 3 switches and a big empty space and no overhead aux switches. I'm wondering if I can swap out the switch bank here with a full set of switches and pick up some aux switches this way. Any new information?
The switch pack is basically its own module. Not a typical switch pack. The BCM supplies power to the switch pack, but each switch does not have its own dedicated power or ground. The FD-CAN then provides input messages to each of the switched components. So without the input messages from the FD-CAN, the additional switches would be nothing but decoration.

Long story short.. add switches somewhere else.

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The switch pack is basically its own module. Not a typical switch pack. The BCM supplies power to the switch pack, but each switch does not have its own dedicated power or ground. The FD-CAN then provides input messages to each of the switched components. So without the input messages from the FD-CAN, the additional switches would be nothing but decoration.

Long story short.. add switches somewhere else.
Thank you for the straight answer.
Sponsored