Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been thinking about this for a while. Glad to see this post. I’m curious to know if you did add in the disco switch, could you wire it to an aftermarket disco to make it appear OEM.
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been thinking about this for a while. Glad to see this post. I’m curious to know if you did add in the disco switch, could you wire it to an aftermarket disco to make it appear OEM.
If you could replicate the factory wiring to the swaybar and you had a factory disconnecting swaybar to install, I think it would be a fairly simple matter of programming it in with Forscan to make it function exactly as Ford had intended. However, I personally would rather have that switch independent of the ECU, so I could connect or disconnect at any speed or situation. I don't know of any aftermarket alternatives that would function in its place, and Ford makes the most functional and easy to use disconnect on the market today.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Big Bend is missing 3 switches and it makes the perfect place for my garage door opener remote! Always and up side! ;)
Samesies. I lay my hand up there and the button is right under my index finger where it should be.

adrewpower

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you could replicate the factory wiring to the swaybar and you had a factory disconnecting swaybar to install, I think it would be a fairly simple matter of programming it in with Forscan to make it function exactly as Ford had intended. However, I personally would rather have that switch independent of the ECU, so I could connect or disconnect at any speed or situation. I don't know of any aftermarket alternatives that would function in its place, and Ford makes the most functional and easy to use disconnect on the market today.
Yes. That was my same thought. Not necessarily having the switch tied in with the computer. Just having it as an engaged or not engaged switch. Hopefully someone smarter than me can find a solution and share it on the forum.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. That was my same thought. Not necessarily having the switch tied in with the computer. Just having it as an engaged or not engaged switch. Hopefully someone smarter than me can find a solution and share it on the forum.
There was a conversation here a while back about retrofitting a swaybar in that manner, I think the hangup was that the electronics in the swaybar had two way comms with the computer to actuate the disconnect hardware, they talked to each other back and forth, so you can't "hotwire" it to be a simple on/off switch unless you dig into those electronics and solder in some jumpers to bypass the sensors and whatnot. I was getting ready to go down that path until I decided to see how my bronco drove without a swaybar, and that swaybar has been sitting in my garage for the past 15K miles or so. The suspension is plenty adequate for roll control by itself as far as I'm concerned, and adding all that weight and complexity and cost seemed unjustifiable at that point. If everything was free and someone else figured out a simple wiring solution or whatever, I might consider it simply because it'd be interesting to compare body roll at speed on the fly.
Sponsored