Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else gotten this fault? Took it to the dealer and they told me they have had quite a few come in for sensor replacement.

3FEC374E-4A68-41EC-9B6E-3B247FA09101.png

68CE53D7-457E-4E0D-89D5-87ACE489CA58.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
ElPasoBronc

ElPasoBronc

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They told me that a wired connection somewhere in the rear bumper had come apart and needed to be reconnected. Sensors were good.

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just started happening on my Bronco last week. Sometimes I get in the car and it's fine, other times the alerts wont stop going off. How long did it take the dealer to find/complete the fix?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just started yesterday! Thought it was from all the ice snow that had collected inside the bumper. Would like to thaw out my bronco but it’s been negative temps for the last week.

Sponsored

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They told me that a wired connection somewhere in the rear bumper had come apart and needed to be reconnected. Sensors were good.
Has anyone else gotten this fault? Took it to the dealer and they told me they have had quite a few come in for sensor replacement.

Ford Bronco Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic Fault 68CE53D7-457E-4E0D-89D5-87ACE489CA58

Ford Bronco Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic Fault 68CE53D7-457E-4E0D-89D5-87ACE489CA58
I know your post is a year old, but I had exact same issue here in Boston. Bronco is 18 months old with 35k miles.
Dealer just fixed issue and sat it was not sensors but wire corrosion!!!
Can’t believe this happened until I looked at how and where these connections are placed. Can honestly say I am glad I bought Premium care. @Ford I would plan for a lot more of these complaints for any state with snow, road sand/salt etc.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, same fault on June 2023 OBX build. On 10/5/23 I was on the way home from taking delivery, and less than 3 miles from the dealer dash indicated "blind spot detection fault" then immediate "cross traffic fault". I turned around and dropped it with their service dept.
Found: BLIS module not responding, replace BLIS module and reprogram.

So, on mine the wire harness and connectors were fine, but the module was DOA.

The location of this module is on the corner of the vehicle above the bumper and under the right tail light behind a body color removable plastic cover. It's in an area exposed to any water or mud the right rear tire can throw into the wheel well. Perhaps this exposure is related to the failure? I have no idea why they'd install a control unit there. I'm ordering aftermarket mud flaps that will help to protect that area.

My dealer, Napa Valley Ford, is taking care of me with great customer support and class. It's a shame the manufacturer has put them in this position though.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have any photos of what I should be looking for?

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine happened about a month ago. In Florida and 80+ degrees. Went away after a few seconds. Has not happened again yet. To much tech stuff IMO

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I just had the same faults show up on my dash. No rain here for the past week or so. Drought, actually. Happened while I was at a park with gravel trails so I assumed maybe a sensor was temporarily bothered by dust. I'm under 1,000 miles on this thing so I'll just return to the dealer. But I would like to see exactly where these connections are for future reference.

Sponsored

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve had this issue happen a second time now and the Ford dealer is trying to tell me this isn’t covered under warranty due to “outside influence” of dirt and mud

They warrantied it the first time and their repair went bad, now they’re telling me they won’t replace it under warranty.

How big of an asshole do I need to be to this dealer to get them to cover this?

Bronco is 2+ years w/ 26k miles

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I’ve had this issue happen a second time now and the Ford dealer is trying to tell me this isn’t covered under warranty due to “outside influence” of dirt and mud

They warrantied it the first time and their repair went bad, now they’re telling me they won’t replace it under warranty.

How big of an asshole do I need to be to this dealer to get them to cover this?

Bronco is 2+ years w/ 26k miles
Find another dealer IMO. The past 3 years has been a gravy train for most dealerships. The true ones will shine now due to the " frenzy" buying ending. Some are showing the mentality if they cant make stupid money on you on sales or service they would rather not do anything. Just an opinion.....

emore93x

Outer Banks
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was anyone able to fix this without a trip to the dealership?
Mine just got this error after an hour ride thru slushy snow conditions.
I am assuming it is caused by water and snow intrusion into the connector.

Maybe some dielectric grease on the connector?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was anyone able to fix this without a trip to the dealership?
Mine just got this error after an hour ride thru slushy snow conditions.
I am assuming it is caused by water and snow intrusion into the connector.

Maybe some dielectric grease on the connector?
Good afternoon, Dale! I would be glad to help you out with these cross traffic fault concerns if you are still in need of assistance. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

Heatha

Big Bend
First Name
Heatha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same and Ford wouldn't help me. It's the wire harness rubbing the back bumper. They're on this forum and see it's a common occurrence and aren't doing anything
Sponsored