First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been a long time since I've been to the board, all work and no play for a while, but managed to take out a deer at about 45-50 mph yesterday and wondering if it's likely going to be a while until I get my Bronco back from the body shop. Also curious as to why the airbags didn't deploy based on the damage, maybe it's not that bad? I typically like to read the posts but don't usually post much myself.

PXL_20231208_183000762.jpg

PXL_20231208_183109442.jpg

PXL_20231208_183045026.jpg

PXL_20231208_183018644.jpg
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to see that! I worry about deer around here a lot, Bambi likes to hang out roadside at dusk this time of year.

Be glad the air bags didn't deploy, costly to replace (and not fun to experience) and may have made it a total. I would guess they didn't activate the sensors for deployment, maybe hit too high? I think it's based on how fast you stop, and hitting a deer may not have the mass needed to get that high. Just a guess. If that's a tri coat paint (I can't tell...), that's also costly.

Parts availability is going to be the longest wait. I would recommend getting a shop you like or comes recommended and if they have a problem getting parts you can aftermarket, see if you can get that subbed with aftermarket you may want (like a hood or headlights). The Form headlights, for instance, are nice, and there some nice aftermarket hoods.

OP
OP

BDsquatch2D

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's the Varsity Blue, not sure but I think that's not a tri coat paint. Will be 2 years of fun driving with it in January, already 56k miles on it (bought new with 3 miles). Just hope to get it back by spring, lol, in the meantime I have to be even more cautious in my Golf as that deer hit was at 1:30 in the afternoon.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Repair times?
Precisely 2-6 months, of course that all depends on what was damaged, the lead time on parts, and the backlog of your body shop of choice.

Glad no one was hurt and it's Velocity, not Varsity, Blue

Edit, as userdude pointed out, may be a good time to sneak in some mods. Those ADV hoods sure are nice.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

28k/year! Nice. I've got 19.5k at 10m last Wednesday, trying to stay below 25k for the first year but it's hard! lol

My brother's friend had a deer run into his pickup driver's door full-speed in broad daylight in the afternoon. I've only hit a deer once (my pickup) in West Texas, broad daylight but in the shadow of a hill, and it was a glancing blow. Literally looked it in the eyes. So trippy. Pretty sure it survived.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BDsquatch2D

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Precisely 2-6 months, of course that all depends on what was damaged, the lead time on parts, and the backlog of your body shop of choice.

Glad no one was hurt and it's Velocity, not Varsity, Blue
LOL, sorry, never can remember the dang name of the color. I miss the days of just blue, red, black, etc. Thanks for the timeline, figured it would be at least a couple months.

OP
OP

BDsquatch2D

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
28k/year! Nice. I've got 19.5k at 10m last Wednesday, trying to stay below 25k for the first year but it's hard! lol

My brother's friend had a deer run into his pickup driver's door full-speed in broad daylight in the afternoon. I've only hit a deer once (my pickup) in West Texas, broad daylight but in the shadow of a hill, and it was a glancing blow. Literally looked it in the eyes. So trippy. Pretty sure it survived.
That's with driving a Golf GTI as my commuter car for the past year as well; average a 1,000 miles per week for work alone and love driving the Bronco on the weekends.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, sorry, never can remember the dang name of the color. I miss the days of just blue, red, black, etc. Thanks for the timeline, figured it would be at least a couple months.
Had a teacher years ago that had a yellow 2dr sports car and he was so East Texas country he couldn't pronounce yellow (ya-llor) and people would always be like, what? So he started saying canary colored. He could pronounce that! lol

OP
OP

BDsquatch2D

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had a teacher years ago that had a yellow 2dr sports car and he was so East Texas country he couldn't pronounce yellow (yallor) and people would always be like, what? So he started saying canary colored. He could pronounce that! lol
LOL

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Air bags didn't deploy because the sensors are mounted lower, around bumper level. Doesn't look like the frame horns got compromised. Could have been much worse if came up over hood. I've seen several vehicles with deer strike through windshield. Glad you're safe, parts can be repaired and replaced.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BDsquatch2D

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Air bags didn't deploy because the sensors are mounted lower, around bumper level. Doesn't look like the frame horns got compromised. Could have been much worse if came up over hood. I've seen several vehicles with deer strike through windshield. Glad you're safe, parts can be repaired and replaced.
Thank you for the insight, initially I thought the bumper delivered a larger blow with the front grill taking rebound damage, but I think it was literally caught the deer just as it was landing in front of me and I don't think it was even touching the ground when I hit it.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn't look bad at all. Time in the shop will depend mostly on parts availability. Deer are bad in NW Montana so we went with the ARB Summit bumper. You may want to consider it if your area has similar deer issues.
Ford Bronco Body Shop repair times? PXL_20230908_222323263

OP
OP

BDsquatch2D

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesn't look bad at all. Time in the shop will depend mostly on parts availability. Deer are bad in NW Montana so we went with the ARB Summit bumper. You may want to consider it if your area has similar deer issues.
Ford Bronco Body Shop repair times? PXL_20230908_222323263
I actually was planning on ordering one, deer are pretty bad here in Northwest Ohio, and I should've gotten that before.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually was planning on ordering one, deer are pretty bad here in Northwest Ohio, and I should've gotten that before.
Ford Bronco Body Shop repair times? IMG_0513.JPG

Added this. Deer are all over my neck of the woods.
In the last 40 years my wife and I have hit 19.
We hit 2 last year. One with our explorer and one with my 1 ton diesel. We take it slow down the back roads.
My wife was driving the explorer and managed to slow to 25 or so. It busted the front plastic grill.
$250 in parts but the tires, Wheel well covers and all the front trim had to come off. It took the better part of 2 days to fix.
I was on the highway with the cruise set at 60 when one jumped out in front of me. It was 150 pounder and the truck never kicked out of cruise control.
$350 bucks for a front bumper and fog lights. Half a day to fix.
Sponsored