Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you know we have a few reverse light kits that we offer from Baja Designs?

First up, is the Baja Designs Spare Tire Reverse Kit
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-reverse-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

This kit includes a bracket that mounts to your spare tire. It keeps a pair of S1/S2/Squadron lights up high away from the ground (good if you off-road a lot and are worried about something hanging from the bumper).

The bracket included with the kit bolts onto the 3 factory lug nuts that hold your spare tire on (they provide extensions in the kit for the bracket). A harness is included that let's you run the power line up to your factory upfitter/aux switches (or if you don't have those, you can opt for their toggle switch harness). One tip is to just route the wire to your rear passenger panel, where Ford has already ran a pass-through wire for you (this is just a wire that is pre-run and goes into the passenger front kick panel, where you can then connect it to ANOTHER wire Ford ran for you that goes into the engine bay).

You can also add on an optional license plate mount to also keep that license plate up high (pictured here)
Ford Bronco Bolt-On Reverse Light Kits 1646837147313

Next up is a kit that we put together ourselves. Our Baja Designs Reverse Light Kit
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

This kit includes mounting brackets from KR Off-Road (the manufacturing side of our business). It allows you to mount the lights below your bumper in a variety of heights. You can mount them hanging way down low OR you can have them tucked right under the bumper (which DOES put them out of the way of hitting anything, as you'd hit your muffler before you hit your reverse lights).

The main different with our kit is that we also provide you one of our CrystaLux harnesses (CrystaLux is another in-house brand focusing on LED replacement bulbs and harnesses). This harness taps into your factory reverse circuit so that your lights come on automatically when you go into reverse. On top of that, we also allow you to also control the reverse lights from a factory upfitter switch. So now you can turn those reverse lights on from a switch (one tip is to get some amber covers, throw them on the reverse lights and now you've got chase lights for the trail!).

This is the kit we run on our demo truck since it keeps the lights tucked up under the bumper and less visible.
Ford Bronco Bolt-On Reverse Light Kits 1646837332825

These kits are all in stock and ship within 24 hours (orders placed before 1pm EST usually ship the same day from our warehouse)
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much extra work is it to use your spare tire? Do you need to carry extra tools in case of a flat?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much extra work is it to use your spare tire? Do you need to carry extra tools in case of a flat?
Just an extra socket for the extension bolts (as they use a different size then the lug nuts). That's it. Otherwise you just remove the same 3 lugs when you need to access your spare. The baja lights have a quick connect plug on them, you just unplug it and you're good to go.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally thought I wanted the spare tire mount for the reverse lights but decided to go with the KR under-bumper mount, and for the reasons given above by Adam (OP).

I’m so far very happy with the bumper mount. As stated, the lights are up higher and better protected than pictures seem to indicate. The wiring took some time to tuck up neat and you do need to remove the rear tail light if you choose to tap the reverse light circuit at that location. I enjoy the DIY stuff, however, and I now have the option to switch the lights on from an Aux switch as well as them coming on with the OEM reverse lights.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with either solution, though.

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you know we have a few reverse light kits that we offer from Baja Designs?

First up, is the Baja Designs Spare Tire Reverse Kit
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-reverse-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

This kit includes a bracket that mounts to your spare tire. It keeps a pair of S1/S2/Squadron lights up high away from the ground (good if you off-road a lot and are worried about something hanging from the bumper).

The bracket included with the kit bolts onto the 3 factory lug nuts that hold your spare tire on (they provide extensions in the kit for the bracket). A harness is included that let's you run the power line up to your factory upfitter/aux switches (or if you don't have those, you can opt for their toggle switch harness). One tip is to just route the wire to your rear passenger panel, where Ford has already ran a pass-through wire for you (this is just a wire that is pre-run and goes into the passenger front kick panel, where you can then connect it to ANOTHER wire Ford ran for you that goes into the engine bay).

You can also add on an optional license plate mount to also keep that license plate up high (pictured here)

Next up is a kit that we put together ourselves. Our Baja Designs Reverse Light Kit
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

This kit includes mounting brackets from KR Off-Road (the manufacturing side of our business). It allows you to mount the lights below your bumper in a variety of heights. You can mount them hanging way down low OR you can have them tucked right under the bumper (which DOES put them out of the way of hitting anything, as you'd hit your muffler before you hit your reverse lights).

The main different with our kit is that we also provide you one of our CrystaLux harnesses (CrystaLux is another in-house brand focusing on LED replacement bulbs and harnesses). This harness taps into your factory reverse circuit so that your lights come on automatically when you go into reverse. On top of that, we also allow you to also control the reverse lights from a factory upfitter switch. So now you can turn those reverse lights on from a switch (one tip is to get some amber covers, throw them on the reverse lights and now you've got chase lights for the trail!).

This is the kit we run on our demo truck since it keeps the lights tucked up under the bumper and less visible.

These kits are all in stock and ship within 24 hours (orders placed before 1pm EST usually ship the same day from our warehouse)
You guys are awesome! I couldn't be happier with the service, support and communication from @4x4TruckLEDs.com. I have installed the A-Pillar Squadron Pro's, the Reverse Kit for the Spare Tire and yesterday, I just received my KR Bevel kit for the Fog light kit in the Mod Bumper. Easy installs all around. Now if I could only find the factory replacement light switch that had the front and rear fog buttons to use instead of the upfitters....

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You guys are awesome! I couldn't be happier with the service, support and communication from @4x4TruckLEDs.com. I have installed the A-Pillar Squadron Pro's, the Reverse Kit for the Spare Tire and yesterday, I just received my KR Bevel kit for the Fog light kit in the Mod Bumper. Easy installs all around. Now if I could only find the factory replacement light switch that had the front and rear fog buttons to use instead of the upfitters....
We ordered ours months ago. Still waiting for it to come in

mhorvath1218

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any plans to make a kit with DD SSC2 or SSC1 with the red backlight? That way they can come on as red taillights then switch to white for reverse or manually

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there any plans to make a kit with DD SSC2 or SSC1 with the red backlight? That way they can come on as red taillights then switch to white for reverse or manually
If we did that we'd want it to be plug and play so you didn't have to splice anything. So right now, no it's not available. But we might do it one day. I need to figure out which connector the F150s and Broncos use (same connector) so we can develop a harness

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I originally thought I wanted the spare tire mount for the reverse lights but decided to go with the KR under-bumper mount, and for the reasons given above by Adam (OP).

I’m so far very happy with the bumper mount. As stated, the lights are up higher and better protected than pictures seem to indicate. The wiring took some time to tuck up neat and you do need to remove the rear tail light if you choose to tap the reverse light circuit at that location. I enjoy the DIY stuff, however, and I now have the option to switch the lights on from an Aux switch as well as them coming on with the OEM reverse lights.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with either solution, though.
How did you route power to the bumper mounted lights? I currently have my rear panels removed for another project and saw an orange/white wire which can be used to get me to the upfitter switches in the engine bay. Curious if you used this, and how you routed out of the cab down to the bumper. Want to pre run the wire for reverse lights while I have things torn apart, but I didnt see easy access out of the cab.

Sponsored

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anywhere to see the install instructions for the under bumper wiring? I haven't wired anything on the Bronco yet. or any other car for that matter.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did you route power to the bumper mounted lights? I currently have my rear panels removed for another project and saw an orange/white wire which can be used to get me to the upfitter switches in the engine bay. Curious if you used this, and how you routed out of the cab down to the bumper. Want to pre run the wire for reverse lights while I have things torn apart, but I didnt see easy access out of the cab.
I put in rear flood lights on, there is a plastic panel after you open the tailgate, remove it, and there is a little hole at the bottom that I ran my cable through and up. Found a great ground to tie into and then connected the power to the Orange/White wire. Now you have to connect the Orange/White wire to either the brown/white wire in the glove box to eventually tie it into one of your AUX switches. I tied mine into AUX 6. The most difficult part was tying the wires behind the glove box together. Ford doesnt provide ample room to do this.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I put in rear flood lights on, there is a plastic panel after you open the tailgate, remove it, and there is a little hole at the bottom that I ran my cable through and up. Found a great ground to tie into and then connected the power to the Orange/White wire. Now you have to connect the Orange/White wire to either the brown/white wire in the glove box to eventually tie it into one of your AUX switches. I tied mine into AUX 6. The most difficult part was tying the wires behind the glove box together. Ford doesnt provide ample room to do this.
Ya, I removed that panel when I wired my Curt 4 pin. I know you can get up in there from the bumper, but don't remember there being a pass through from there inside the cab to the orange/white. I will have to look again, thanks.

And ya, I saw the wiring points behind the glove box when I was doing a speaker swap and remember thinking, that will be fun when I need to use those. Pretty silly how short they left them.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see responses to your question above this response which may be more helpful. In my case, I had the pre-spliced cable from 4x4truckleds.com that I ran from the engine compartment. I zip-tied it to the frame using heavy duty ties back to the driver’s side tail light. I then took off the tail light following the instructions from the service manual that a kind forum member sent me, and spliced the diode-protected leads to the reverse light circuit. The backup lights come on with the reverse lights or with the upfitter.

You can get advice and help from the supplier of your lights, or from some reading on this site. Good luck!
Sponsored