First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That does not seem like the best backup safety feature.
Agree completely. Really stupid decision by Ford. Parking brakes shouldve stayed mechanical. Electric parking brakes should honestly be illegal without any ability to modulate. Electric trailer brakes can do it, no reason our parking brakes shouldn't. I'm not one of those "new tech bad because bad" people, but some things don't need to be reinvented.
Sponsored

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't tried it in neutral but I will when I get home later today. Interesting. Why would that matter I wonder?

Yeah, Ford did the same schpeel with me when I brought it in...update modules, blah blah blah. Try it and see if it works...yeah, it didn't. Still does it.
Just wondering if you tried this in neutral?

I'm back in 2 weeks and will take back to Ford

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just wondering if you tried this in neutral?

I'm back in 2 weeks and will take back to Ford
I haven't tried it in neutral. But here's a video of mine. I should have pointed video out the side window to get more of the movement, but you can definitely see the jerk and hear the parking brake sound somewhat that kicks in to stop it. Honestly, I've been contemplating trading in. I hate driving, wondering if my brakes aren't gonna work.

Natas13

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Wildtrak 2022 Sasquatch. Every time I am on a downward slope and I brake and stop (pedal completely depressed), after it stops it rolls about 1 foot, then a sound like a parking brake kicks in and abruptly stops the bronco from continuing to roll. I dropped it off at Ford yesterday and will post when I hear, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the brakes. It doesn't seem safe and even the Ford technician agreed. I did notice some old posts about people having issues with this, was wondering if anyone else is currently? Thanks!
Did you ever get this figured out? I also have a sloped driveway and when backing out of the garage it does the same exact thing I just picked up a 2023 Ford bronco 400 miles on it

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you ever get this figured out having the same issue!
Nope. Ford cannot replicate because they aren't by a slope when they test it. It's frustrating. I have video but they said until they can replicate it...nada. I am hoping enough people bring it in to Ford service and complain to start a recall. There is definitely something failing in the brakes.

Natas13

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope. Ford cannot replicate because they aren't by a slope when they test it. It's frustrating. I have video but they said until they can replicate it...nada. I am hoping enough people bring it in to Ford service and complain to start a recall. There is definitely something failing in the brakes.
I’m going to it take it to the dealer. I just picked up this bronco and it did it since day one only 400 miles. I will keep you posted as well. Let’s get this figured out.

Last edited:

Natas13

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Excuse the spelling mistakes I meant to say I’m going to take this to the dealer and try to get this figured out as well. Sorry I was talk texting.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Contact official ford customer service - not your dealer. Tell them the issues been having along with the lack of support you are getting from your dealership

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you ever get this figured out having the same issue!
Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this concern regarding your brakes on my end?

Sponsored

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Contact official ford customer service - not your dealer. Tell them the issues been having along with the lack of support you are getting from your dealership
Do you have the number for the official support line?

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't tried it in neutral. But here's a video of mine. I should have pointed video out the side window to get more of the movement, but you can definitely see the jerk and hear the parking brake sound somewhat that kicks in to stop it. Honestly, I've been contemplating trading in. I hate driving, wondering if my brakes aren't gonna work.
I'm headed back to the dealer at the end of the week. I haven't been able to reproduce in neutral. Kinda interesting

Natas13

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It also does not happen in neutral for me when backing out of my steep driveway