First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would’ve asked for a Bronco Raptor at MSRP or a discount and called it a day, or taken my money back and moved on. I don’t need that kind of aggravation.

They laughed at my when I asked for a raptor. No exaggeration. It also took 4 months for a buy back to even be approved. It’s been an ordeal.
Sponsored

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My brakes failed almost four weeks ago now. 2.3L. Same story, brake light came on first. Brakes felt fine. But when on the highway started using cruise control and had to press the brakes hard to engage. Started making a crunching sound before I brought into the dealer. Have been waiting on parts for over a month… I’ve been following up once a week but they don’t even have a timeline for when the part will be available to ship. Feels like I’m waiting for delivery all over again. I just want my bronco back!

How long have others waited for parts? Reading this thread I’m getting scared it’s going to take 6+ months.

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My brakes failed almost four weeks ago now. 2.3L. Same story, brake light came on first. Brakes felt fine. But when on the highway started using cruise control and had to press the brakes hard to engage. Started making a crunching sound before I brought into the dealer. Have been waiting on parts for over a month… I’ve been following up once a week but they don’t even have a timeline for when the part will be available to ship. Feels like I’m waiting for delivery all over again. I just want my bronco back!

How long have others waited for parts? Reading this thread I’m getting scared it’s going to take 6+ months.
I should have mentioned. Issue occurred at 7k miles. I took delivery December 2021. Build was end of November.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Half a year into the future thousands of 6gen Broncos on the road not really hearing much of this problem so it apparently didn't develop into a wide spread issue thankfully.
Dead men tell no tales.

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the bronco sport is having the same issues and a recall has already been issued back in January. The sport was released first so imagine they’ve had more reporting time. I’d just buy the parts if I could find instead of waiting months to get through dealer.

Anyone know where I could get my hands on both vacuum line and sensor just in case it’s both?

Ford Bronco Brakes Failure on highway - known issue according to dealership? 1D82B9F3-909A-48D9-9AD5-25E5AC506542

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oly

Oly

Outer Banks
First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They laughed at my when I asked for a raptor. No exaggeration. It also took 4 months for a buy back to even be approved. It’s been an ordeal.
So they agreed to the raptor as a replacement?

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there. This braking concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
@Ford Motor Company Any chance we can get some official info on this once looked into? I was noticing my breaks not being as responsive as usual today on a short drive. My Bronco was delivered in March and I have just over 4k miles on it.

OP
OP
Oly

Oly

Outer Banks
First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP here. So it happened again. This time the entire dash lit up / and continues to - brakes went out yet again. @Ford Motor Company How can this be safe? This time it seemed like everything just went out all at once for no reason:

- Check Brake System
- Park Brake, Limited Function Service Requested
- Hill Start Assist Not Available
- Pre Collision Assist Not Available
- Service AdvanceTrac
- ABS Brake Fault

Ford Bronco Brakes Failure on highway - known issue according to dealership? IMG_4010.PNG

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP here. So it happened again. This time the entire dash lit up / and continues to - brakes went out yet again. @Ford Motor Company How can this be safe? This time it seemed like everything just went out all at once for no reason:

- Check Brake System
- Park Brake, Limited Function Service Requested
- Hill Start Assist Not Available
- Pre Collision Assist Not Available
- Service AdvanceTrac
- ABS Brake Fault

Ford Bronco Brakes Failure on highway - known issue according to dealership? IMG_4010.PNG
Wow! And was this again under the same cruise control highway type scenario as many others?

OP
OP
Oly

Oly

Outer Banks
First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup - correct same situation / same issue.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup - correct same situation / same issue.
@Ford Motor Company will be along shortly to tell you that this is not the experience they want for you... they were hoping for it to be resolved by a nice fiery crash and a settlement payout.

Buckshot Malone

Big Bend
First Name
Buckshot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My daughter has a 22 Outer Banks with 4300 miles with 2.3. Check Brake System light came on last night. I took it to dealership today. It’s the brake vacuum hose and part is on backorder until November. Service team has 1 or 2 others sitting there waiting on part as well. She’s not happy. Now she has to drive my 4Runner to homecoming.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Somebody's family is going to own Ford.