Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Annoyed.

New BB 4 door 2.3L with 2700 miles. I was driving on the highway cruise set at 75, and message pops up saying "check brake system", then brake light came on. I pushed the brake at 75MPH and it was rock hard - the brake pedal didn't move. It did slow the vehicle down, but pulsed as if ABS was engaged. Once I took my foot off the brake again, the brakes acted normal but the "brake" warning light stayed on.

I drove directly to the dealership and they have ordered a Vacuum Hose for the brakes. The part will be in tomorrow so driving a loner car until they can get it installed. I wonder if this is a known issue or if it's a one-off (lucky me!). I'll update on this thread as I learn more. Please reply if you have had the same issue.
Sponsored

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is a known issue.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2021-2022 Bronco - 2.3L - Illuminated Brake Warning Lamp And/Or Brake System Warning Message – DTC P050F Set In The ABS Module And Firm Brake Pedal

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with the 2.3L engine may exhibit a red brake warning lamp and/or brake system warning message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) with a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P050F in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module and a firm brake pedal. This may be due to contamination in abrake booster vacuum line. To correct this condition, replace the vehicle's vacuum hose.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had the same issue since I picked mine up in August. Only seems to happen on trips longer than 30 minutes and even then it is random. Dealer checked it out, listed the same SSM as above and surprise, surprise, the part was back ordered. It is an annoyance but not a safety concern where they dealer has to hold the vehicle. I will get it fixed eventually.

OP
OP
andyriegler

andyriegler

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model