First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reminds me of the movie Full Speed (2016)
Sponsored

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - they said the same to me. After replacing the vac line, my bronco continued to throw the alert but would reset when I turned the car off and on again... After finally contacting Ford directly (thanks to this forum), Ford was able to direct the dealership on how to diagnose and they determined it was an issue with the braking sensor specifically as opposed to the vac line that they originally replaced. I havenā€™t had an issue since (fingers crossed).
@Oly thanks for this post and the one in BN (which I found first). Just experienced the same this morning, at dealer now for diags. I see the bulletin on the vacuum line and assumed weā€™d go down that path. Two questions for you:
1. What is the sensor that ultimately fixed the issue?
2. Did it seem to be a bigger issue when you use the cruise control?

OP
OP
Oly

Oly

Outer Banks
First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine was ultimately the Brake Vacuum Sensor. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong though (initially) so they were going to replace the whole brake system until Ford corp got involved. Apparently it was / is the same issue as the F150ā€™s Ford had a while back - from what I was told.

Yes - my Outer Banks brake issue was happening when I was driving a while where having adaptive cruise control on for a bit. I noticed saw it more often when I was using the CC (in traffic it constantly feathered the brakes), so i knew if I was consistently hitting on the brakes I could replicate.

After going back and forth to dealers to fixā€¦I got Ford corp involved (through this forum initially) a Ford tech had to get on the phone with the dealer techs and walked them through diagnosing since there was no error code for that - at least that is my understanding.

Side Note: Ford corporate made it right and gave me an awesome bumper to bumper extended warranty for my trouble. No problems since. (Fingers crossed).

Mrtooj

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands bronco 4 door; 2008 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
21ā€™ 4D BL 2.3 manual 6k miles and I am now experiencing the same instrument panel warning.
Unlike the OP mine is losing vacuum when the ASS system kicks on. The pedal will slowly start coming up and then the truck starts rolling if I donā€™t press firmly or turn the steering wheel to kick the truck back on.
Guess I gotta go to the dealer to get it fixed.. glad it wasnā€™t something I did while off-roading.
Also I might add that while warming up the truck I felt the pedal fluctuating very minimal about 1/2 inch.

Reactions: Oly

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I almost died driving my 4 door Outer Banks on the freeway the other day. My wife and I were driving out to Hilton Head for a 10k. Everything was great untilā€¦Some jerk swerved in front of me to avoid being behind a semi truck chugging uphill.

This is where I almost diedā€¦

When I went to hit the brakes the pedal was impossible to press, the Broncoā€™s dashboard lit up saying something like brake error: check brake system. I luckily was able to slow down by using the manual shift selector on the side of the gear shift and basically standing on the brake pedal and immediately pulled over. I got out and checked the brakes after turning the car off and on. The brake pedal was now able to depress, but the brakes were super spongey. I drove to the closest Ford dealership and had them check it out. The tech came back after a few min and said it was a known issue with the Brake Vacuum and it has to come from Michigan.

This just happened so Iā€™m getting more info as they canā€™t order the part until tomorrow, but Iā€™ll update as I have more info.

I know 1st gen products have issues but this one is a really big problem. Good thing I wasnā€™t on the trail next to a cliff otherwise I wouldnā€™t be here.

Driving 70 mph on the freeway and you go to hit the brakes and there are noneā€¦ scared the crap out of me. Driving a rental and now I have PTSD every time I brake.

Anyone else heard of this for the 4doors? I know the sport had a brake recall, but not 100% sure this is the same issue?

ā€”- UPDATE ā€”-

Got more info from shop. They replaced the vacuum booster line - ā€˜known issueā€™. SSM 50314 (diagnostic P050F I believe). Assuming this will be one of the first of many.
Holy smokes! I am so happy you are ok to share your story. This is crazy!!!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
21ā€™ 4D BL 2.3 manual 6k miles and I am now experiencing the same instrument panel warning.
Unlike the OP mine is losing vacuum when the ASS system kicks on. The pedal will slowly start coming up and then the truck starts rolling if I donā€™t press firmly or turn the steering wheel to kick the truck back on.
Guess I gotta go to the dealer to get it fixed.. glad it wasnā€™t something I did while off-roading.
Also I might add that while warming up the truck I felt the pedal fluctuating very minimal about 1/2 inch.
Hi there. This braking concern doesnā€™t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Half a year into the future thousands of 6gen Broncos on the road not really hearing much of this problem so it apparently didn't develop into a wide spread issue thankfully.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Half a year into the future thousands of 6gen Broncos on the road not really hearing much of this problem so it apparently didn't develop into a wide spread issue thankfully.
Agreed. Reading about OP's initial story had me kind of spooked prior to picking mine up. 3k miles & 3 months in (handful of "oh s**t" emergency stops) and I have full confidence in my rig's braking system, though the pedal could be a bit firmer.

leervd

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My truck just started experiencing the same issue. Brakes seem fine except when I start the car the pedal is super firm. Iā€™m just worried thatā€™ll happen when Iā€™m driving. Hopefully my dealership will know what to doā€¦

Sponsored

CnGGuy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2022 base is sitting after brake system warning while in cruise on highway. Waiting for parts. 10,000mi

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2022 base is sitting after brake system warning while in cruise on highway. Waiting for parts. 10,000mi

Mine has been sitting since December 28th with 3,000 miles on it waiting for partsā€¦ā€¦. Specifically an ABS Module

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has been sitting since December 28th with 3,000 miles on it waiting for partsā€¦ā€¦. Specifically an ABS Module
Seems like grounds for a buyback. Hopefully you are in a decent loaner for all this time.

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems like grounds for a buyback. Hopefully you are in a decent loaner for all this time.

They offered me a buy back and replacement. There is no other vehicle I can get that is as equipped as my truck for the price, it is a FE. They sent a replacement, but it has a fraction of the options of the FE and cost $800 less, it would have been a terrible financial decision to take it. So now I am back to waiting. But not sure I can last much longer. This is on me now, but to wait 7 months for a part is silly.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They offered me a buy back and replacement. There is no other vehicle I can get that is as equipped as my truck for the price, it is a FE. They sent a replacement, but it has a fraction of the options of the FE and cost $800 less, it would have been a terrible financial decision to take it. So now I am back to waiting. But not sure I can last much longer. This is on me now, but to wait 7 months for a part is silly.
I wouldā€™ve asked for a Bronco Raptor at MSRP or a discount and called it a day, or taken my money back and moved on. I donā€™t need that kind of aggravation.
Sponsored