Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I’d like to know is... how did you get the combination to my gun safe?!? ? :ROFLMAO: ?
Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually it’s owned by the stock holders and like all major corporations they come from a multitude of nationalities
Yeah, yeah, I know. It's a world economy, blah, blah, blah. But BMW, aka, Big Money Waste. Is still headquartered in Munich Germany.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on my second 4Runner. They’ve been the number one seller in their class for years like the Tacoma.

Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more 3676FFBA-B231-4EA1-833F-C96263957EB9
I like the 4Runner and the best vehicle I have ever had was a 2006 Tacoma. My issue is the powertrain and technology package is dated. I could switch if they come out with the redesign that they’ve been promising for years before it’s too late, but I doubt it. Even if it does, I’m not holding out hope. For the last decade, everything that Toyota has done that is a “redesign” is what most car companies would call a “refresh”.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To me, the 'nationality' of a company has more to do with where their taxes go than where their corporate office is located. Unfortunately, that information is damn near impossible to track - given the convoluted corporate structures, taxes/deferrals/credits involved in business today.

Full employment for tax attorneys and accountants

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plant Spartanburg celebrated its 25th anniversary this year and employs the more than 11,000 workers who build the majority of BMWs sold in America.

More than 4.75 million vehicles have since been built in the state and the 7 million-square-foot facility has undergone six expansions. The BMW Group -- which also includes Rolls-Royce and MINI -- has invested $10.6 billion in the facility, including millions of dollars on the company's production of PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric vehicle) models.

The BMW Group has been the highest value vehicle exporter from the U.S. for the last five years, according to U.S. Department of Commerce data.

BMW is proof that "Germans contribute so much to the U.S. economy," Doug Woodward, a professor of economics at the University of South Carolina, told ABC News. According to his research, BMW supports nearly 121,000 jobs in the U.S. and the company boosts annual U.S. gross domestic product by $15.8 billion. For every 10 jobs that BMW creates, 90 more jobs "are sustained through an economic ripple effect on the supplier network and through related consumer spending on U.S. goods and services," he said.

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Business/25-years-ago-bmw-opened-shop-south-carolina/story?id=67581133

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is a Toyota plant in San Antonio, Texas. That is in the USA not Japan. And Americans build the Tundras and Tacomas not Japanese people.
Ford Bronco Breaking news: January ordering, Summer delivery, Black First Edition interior, no manual Sasquatch & more 3676FFBA-B231-4EA1-833F-C96263957EB9
we unload 3-4k toyotas a week here in Portland off of ships, besides the camry, tundra and tacoma, everything else is shipped here.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's see, BMW in NA: 99% American workers, assembling the products produced by U.S. workers at dozens of sub-tier suppliers who have also built plants nearby (U.S. and foreign, just like Ford), all having huge a trickle-down economic boost effect increasing the living standards of most everyone in their U.S. communities.

Let's see #2, Ford in NA: >90% Mexican workers and >90% Canadians in Ford's non-U.S. plants, assembling the products produced by Mexican workers at dozens of sub-tier suppliers who have also built plants nearby. (ignoring for the moment the many other non-U.S. plants across the globe).

It doesn't matter much where the profits go (Germany or the U.S.), as that money either goes into further R&D to make newer/better products or goes to stockholders -- there ain't much of that that goes to U.S. workers, regardless of the owner (and btw, BMW has R&D/design facilities in the U.S., too, employing U.S. workers).

As far as vehicle content sources, BMW and Ford operate in the real world -- both put in parts from wherever available with a specified quality at a specified price point. I haven't checked lately, but I'd wager that many of the BMW X-series vehicles built in South Carolina have a higher U.S. part content that many Fords -- including Fords assembled in U.S. Ford plants (much stuff sourced from Canada, Mexico, China, Indonesia, etc.).

This is not a post bashing Ford -- they are only doing what everyone else is. The point is if U.S. buyers want to buy non-U.S. manufacturers' cars (which they obviously do, regardless of how patriotic they are), I'd rather have a significant percentage of the cost of the car stay in the U.S. in U.S. workers' pockets, than have zero percent be in their pockets because the entire vehicle is built somewhere else on the globe.

*We* are the source of U.S. and foreign manufacturer production decisions. I'm as patriotic as the next guy (including U.S. Navy service), but I don't have a mind closed to the realities of the marketplace.

The fact that BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. have literally dozens of plants in the U.S., and hundreds more of U.S. and foreign sub-tier supplier plants in the U.S. is something we should be *thankful* for, for the money it keeps here in U.S. worker pockets.

Where a manufacturer's headquarters is located is no longer relevant. Would it be nice if 100% of Americans would buy a 100% U.S. made and assembled product from U.S. factories? (no need to debate that, as arguments can be made on both sides) But Americans have overwhelmingly rejected that, instead buying what they view to the be best vehicle value, regardless of manufacturer -- just check out how small the U.S. big 3's market shares are today.

So, in today's world: more plants in the U.S. is better for the U.S., regardless of who holds the deed to the property.

Well, you asked! ;)

Sponsored

SFNMutt

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon, 2012 Mustang GT vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Black I terior in the 1st Ed is great news. That blue interior was odd & enough that I would have had to have changed my order.

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
This the same feeling you get when you're excited and then comes the ass kickin of your life. Well, I'll be getting my Bronco in 22.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like the Tundra and Tacoma built in San Antonio?
Sponsored