Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally, got my Bronco but due to me having surgery unfortunately it had to sit in my garage while all I could do was sit and look at it but at least I finally had it after 8 years of wanting on my dream vehicle. ( had a ‘91 Eddie Bauer edition but it blew up after my sister borrowed it. ) Finally doctor approved me to start back driving so at this point I had the bronco 5 days when I could finally start enjoying it. I had drove it 2 times and owned it a week when a passing by suv sends a rock flying like a missile into the windshield. It hit so hard shattered glass came back on me while driving. Of course, the famous what the 🤬🤬🤬words came spewing out luckily I was the only one in the Bronco at the time. So I call my husband mad as all get out and arrive at the dr with my blood pressure thru the roof. . So I head to the auto glass repair shop to get it replaced. They were worried at first that they couldn’t get the glass, seeing as this was the only bronco they had seen in person and I was the first one out of our small local dealership to take delivery. Luckily, they were able to order the factory replacement as I wasn’t gonna put anything but the original back in it. So it comes down to paying time. $1,310.02 was the grand total for replacing the windshield. So word of advice, save your money up now and set it aside as a windshield replacement fund. In case any missile rocks damage your windshields by passer Byers or by off roading . I knew it was going to be high but I was still blown away.

July 14th, 2020 hour 2 reservation, 2.7L basesquatch, velocity blue, modular bumper, auxiliary switches, block heater, keypad

B42086D2-A6D8-4CB6-8E77-F6BDC27273F6.jpeg

CAA241B2-A32F-439D-91AA-2AF37B9D9041.jpeg
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t normally get windshield coverage here in Alberta because windshield damage is almost guaranteed and the average piece of glass is $200 or less installed but thanks to posts like yours, I will opt for windshield coverage on my Bronco for at least the next couple of years, until hopefully they become more common and affordable.

Neejmais

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my bronco for two weeks and got hit by a rock. I was mad but call insurance and made a claim to get it replace. Total was about $1000 up also but pay deductible $250. Not even a month and had to replace the windshield. Now I just drive slow and avoid tailgating cars on the freeway. Lol.

BBoyM3

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That sucks. Sorry.

Just an FYI - I checked with USAA, and I reduced my Comprehensive deductible from $500 to $100. It only costs me an additional $40/6 months for that change. Being that the Bronco windshield will take abuse being flat, $100 per windshield replacement seems like a good move, especially with replacement and sensor calibration cost between $1,000 and $1,400 (reported on here).

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t normally get windshield coverage here in Alberta because windshield damage is almost guaranteed and the average piece of glass is $200 or less installed but thanks to posts like yours, I will opt for windshield coverage on my Bronco for at least the next couple of years, until hopefully they become more common and affordable.
I just added the Bronco to my policy, with windshield insurance ($50 deductible for replacement, $25 for chip repair). Interestingly enough, the annual premium is less than what I am paying for my 2010 F-350 without windshield coverage.

Sponsored

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry this happened to you. I am in the exact same boat. Making sure insurance covers it in the future for sure.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just added the Bronco to my policy, with windshield insurance ($50 deductible for replacement, $25 for chip repair). Interestingly enough, the annual premium is less than what I am paying for my 2010 F-350 without windshield coverage.
With all the sensors and other things windshield price won’t be coming down for a while. I had already planned on upgrading to include windshield coverage on the Bronco. I don’t go through windshields often in my personal vehicles though. Barely drive 5000kms a year anymore haha. Work van on the other hand takes a beating.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sorry that happened to you. I will definitely get windshield coverage if I ever get a Bronco. Thanks.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In Massachusetts windshields are covered under insurance with no deductibles as it's a safety issue and they are pretty serious with annual inspections.
that's ONE of the things i miss about the North East in general

Sponsored
OP
OP
finkan13

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That sucks. Sorry.

Just an FYI - I checked with USAA, and I reduced my Comprehensive deductible from $500 to $100. It only costs me an additional $40/6 months for that change. Being that the Bronco windshield will take abuse being flat, $100 per windshield replacement seems like a good move, especially with replacement and sensor calibration cost between $1,000 and $1,400 (reported on here).
Our insurance guy was out of office. We submitted the claim to them. They just emailed us back as we have a $500 deductible and informed us that we had to pay the full amount for the windshield then they would reimburse us. Only problem is they will only allow $600 for the windshield because they are saying there is an aftermarket windshield that is cheaper. I told them no I was not putting an aftermarket windshield in. That it had a factory windshield and that was what was put back in it. I didn't spend that much money on a new bronco to have a piece of aftermarket glass put in it. Needless to say will probably have to do some insurance shopping. Cause I probably just ate that bill. Also, getting a bug and stone deflector to try and help too.
Finally, got my Bronco but due to me having surgery unfortunately it had to sit in my garage while all I could do was sit and look at it but at least I finally had it after 8 years of wanting on my dream vehicle. ( had a ‘91 Eddie Bauer edition but it blew up after my sister borrowed it. ) Finally doctor approved me to start back driving so at this point I had the bronco 5 days when I could finally start enjoying it. I had drove it 2 times and owned it a week when a passing by suv sends a rock flying like a missile into the windshield. It hit so hard shattered glass came back on me while driving. Of course, the famous what the 🤬🤬🤬words came spewing out luckily I was the only one in the Bronco at the time. So I call my husband mad as all get out and arrive at the dr with my blood pressure thru the roof. . So I head to the auto glass repair shop to get it replaced. They were worried at first that they couldn’t get the glass, seeing as this was the only bronco they had seen in person and I was the first one out of our small local dealership to take delivery. Luckily, they were able to order the factory replacement as I wasn’t gonna put anything but the original back in it. So it comes down to paying time. $1,310.02 was the grand total for replacing the windshield. So word of advice, save your money up now and set it aside as a windshield replacement fund. In case any missile rocks damage your windshields by passer Byers or by off roading . I knew it was going to be high but I was still blown away.

July 14th, 2020 hour 2 reservation, 2.7L basesquatch, velocity blue, modular bumper, auxiliary switches, block heater, keypad

B42086D2-A6D8-4CB6-8E77-F6BDC27273F6.jpeg

CAA241B2-A32F-439D-91AA-2AF37B9D9041.jpeg
thank you guys so much. I will definitely be going to see our insurance guy and asking about windshield coverage. seeing as the windshield is the way it is. Definitely asking about windshield replacement coverage. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our insurance guy was out of office. We submitted the claim to them. They just emailed us back as we have a $500 deductible and informed us that we had to pay the full amount for the windshield then they would reimburse us. Only problem is they will only allow $600 for the windshield because they are saying there is an aftermarket windshield that is cheaper. I told them no I was not putting an aftermarket windshield in. That it had a factory windshield and that was what was put back in it. I didn't spend that much money on a new bronco to have a piece of aftermarket glass put in it. Needless to say will probably have to do some insurance shopping. Cause I probably just ate that bill. Also, getting a bug and stone deflector to try and help too.

thank you guys so much. I will definitely be going to see our insurance guy and asking about windshield coverage. seeing as the windshield is the way it is. Definitely asking about windshield replacement coverage. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving
You can also tell your insurance that no one actually makes an aftermarket windshield. Right now its only EOM. Man, insurance companies are always so sleezy.

OP
OP
finkan13

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can also tell your insurance that no one actually makes an aftermarket windshield. Right now its only EOM. Man, insurance companies are always so sleezy.
They sure are and I will be sure to tell them. Thank y’all so for the advice I appreciate it .

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow what a lousy deal. Who do you have for your insurance? If you are a Vet, USAA has been fantastic on every claim I've had both home & auto.
Good luck with your insurance shopping.
Sponsored