First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those really look great. So I know there are several people offering rear links. Can you explain the advantage of having these other than adjustable ends? Is it the helm joints and not flexing as much as the factory units. Just trying to understand!. Again, I love the the look....but want more benefit.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco, 21 ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Those really look great. So I know there are several people offering rear links. Can you explain the advantage of having these other than adjustable ends? Is it the helm joints and not flexing as much as the factory units. Just trying to understand!. Again, I love the the look....but want more benefit.
The fixed ends compared to the adjustable version are very similar. We make a fabricated heavy duty rear link set that have adjustable rod ends for those that want to adjust. But the billet version we normally do a trapped uniball like this. The thread pulling with the aluminum for a rod end can be tricky and if it ever gets loose the thread can get damaged pretty quickly on the aluminum stuff. In some cases you can get more angular articulation on the larger uniball like this too, but depends on the size of the joint they are using for the adjustable. We are using a full 1" FK uniball here so to get a 1" ball on a rod end the bodies can get pretty big and sometimes cause fitment problems. That's not the case on the bronco there is plenty of room in the mounts to do either style. And we all know that every designer / engineer / fabricator all have our own opinions on what is best / strongest. We just learned over time that most dont make much adjustment after its set up and the fixed uniball in the aluminum is stronger and more durable in my opinion. My background is off-road racing stuff for the last bunch of years so we end up testing stuff at an extreme and learning lessons that really help us build better products from that knowledge.

I hope that helps. feel free to hit me back if I didnt cover what you were asking fully.
Sponsored