Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah. At this point, if a 2-Door base with manual showed up for sale anywhere I'd take any color other than Black.

Let me see if I can find my old Color Analysis.

Original Base Colors (worst to best, in my, and presumably only my opinion)

Black: what madman orders a black car? In Phoenix it's a sure sign of an out-of-stater. When it's 118 in the shade the last thing you want is a black vehicle. Black on an off rd vehicle, just no

Antimatter Black (sorry Blue): Almost black with a hint of navy blue. Kind of pretty in the sun, but dear lord it's going to be hot. And... it's basically Black. See black comment

Carbonized Gray: Dark metalic gray. Best thing about it it it's not actually black. It's OK but does nothing special to sport up the bronco

Oxford White: what am I a landscape company? Bleah. Oxford white is the color of a landscape truck, and I swear 60% of the cars on the road in Phoenix are white. (see aforementioned 118 in the shade) ok. A bit blah, but doable

Iconic Silver: the color of every F-150 that isn't a landscape truck. Actually looks pretty good with the MIC top. Just boring. 2nd most popular color in AZ after white. Also, every silver Ford I have ever had suffered from paint issues. On right model not bad

Velocity Blue: ok this one is pretty. Gives nice contrast to the MIC top. But, the wife's car is go-fast blue, and matching would be kind of dorky. If I was gonna go the blue route, this would be it

Rapid Red: Photo's don't do this one justice. It's very 3D, and VERY metallic. $295 upcharge. (my choice as being the least bad color of the original color choices) again not bad on right model

Now it's Hot Pepper Red because FoMoCo can't keep prommises like (order the color you want). Would be better if it were more burnt orange. Wish it had more orange in it

Premium trim colors:

Cactus looks like an ugly mint green in the sun, and a cool gray color in the shade. I really wanted to like it, but I can't because icky mint color. Awful especially in wrong light

Race Red = "Ticket me twice Red." Slightly orange red. On a Ranger it's really bright, and just screams "pull me over first". Haven't seen it on an actual Bronco of course. Ok

Lightning Blue: Really not that different from Velocity. Really, it's not. See Velocity Blue comment

Area 51: Cool looking grayish Teal. Most popular color for a reason. But that also means that something like a 3rd of all Broncos are this color. Was color I thought I wanted when i first saw it online, but to me it makes the bronco look to much like a granny or sissy suv. Too baby blue for me personally.

Cyber Orange: Really nice color, $595 upcharge in addition to having to buy an expensive trim. Now available as just an upcharge. Almost changed to this one. Love it and how it morphs with three stage paint. Sporty. But definitely not for everyone! Since its the route i went, i'm glad it's likely to be rare

Eruption Green - Would look good on a Mustang. Not a great look with the gray MIC parts. Honestly I think I owned a late 60's Mustang that was this color. Not the right green for this type of vehicle. Needed to be army or more naturalistic greens. This belongs on a vintage 70s jaguar
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is listing the Bronco colors, with some of them not even spelled correctly, fun?

Sponsored

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All colors that I like are good and as long as you agree with me you are not a moron. I have spoken.

The Internet.

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think Eruption Green looks better in pictures and Carb Grey looks better in person. I am heavily biased though…
IMO the pics of EG really don’t do it any justice. when you seeing it in different angles of light. Bam, the color pops. Same for HPR it looks great in person 😀

Bullet42

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why does Area 51 look dark in some pictures and very light in others. Did it evole?

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why does Area 51 look dark in some pictures and very light in others. Did it evole?
Why did you bump this, of all threads, to ask that question?

Bullet42

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why did you bump this, of all threads, to ask that question?
Sorry I didn’t know the etiquette but the reason I asked is I wanted to know. Hope you start having a better day
Sponsored

Last edited: