First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Timberline is a competitive response to other manufacturers’ soft road offerings. Seems like EVERYONE wants a piece of the outdoors. Timberline might also address buyers left flat by the interior amenities (lack there of) in the Bronco. Expeditions are also going to address some with legit towing concerns. I did piss all over a YouTube presentation of Timberline that stated it was “the most off-road worthy Expedition ever.” That title still goes to Gen One F150 based Expeditions with a solid rear axle.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I would agree to that. I like physical controls. I love the old school three dial climate controls. It just seems like this tech makes things take longer to do. And you can't do it without looking at the screen.
that is true. our volvo's system can be slow to use, especially when you first start it.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's new, so I don't know too much about it. Lookong at the build and price for the Explorer, it looks like it's about on par with a Platinum as far as the "nice" stuff goes, has exclusive colors and an off road package. Also has some seat material called "Active-X"... no idea what that is
See below

Synthetic leather. My sister has it in her Escape and it is actually a nice/durable material.
Yep, its fake leather. My Mazda6 has the mazda version of it called Leatherette and its a nice material

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I think Timberline is a pretty cool soft-road package, I don't really see the point on a Bronco.

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We took our expedition off the beaten path and found the very first barring obstacle was the ground clearance. It's surpringly low. This Timberline is intriguing.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd like to see a Bronco Timberline like this..... Forged Green exterior, upgraded 'Active-X' cloth upholstery, 33" tires, Advanced Auto 4x4 transfer case, Limited slip rear. But keep the price in line with say, the Black Diamond/Outer Banks.

The Explorer/Expedition Timberline seems to be targeted to mild off road use such as dirt roads and not mudding or rock crawling where the front/rear lockers become necessary. A Timberline Bronco would be more capable than an unSquatched Base or Big Bend, but trimmed a little nicer than a MGV BlackDiamond.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's new, so I don't know too much about it. Lookong at the build and price for the Explorer, it looks like it's about on par with a Platinum as far as the "nice" stuff goes, has exclusive colors and an off road package. Also has some seat material called "Active-X"... no idea what that is
Ummmm no. It’s on par with the limited, timberline is in the low 40 range and can’t be had with the v6, cooled seats, vertical touch screen and the active x is a fancy name for vinyl.
Sponsored