Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I spend a lot of time turning wrenches keeping old Fords and Mercurys roadworthy. I need something with a bed for engine blocks, etc.

I started building this 65 Ranchero for that role... but the auto body shop on Fort Lewis got shut down from Covid just after I took it down to bare metal. So there she sits at $100/mo storage. 😑

20191011_213258.jpg

20191115_181352.jpg

Nothing beats a hot rod 'dump run' truck... lol
Wow. Some day man.
Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. Some day man.
I comb CL almost every day. Factory 289 '65 Ranchero. Rotted floorpans but super straight unrusted body... and that motor is the rebuildable 302 that came in it. $750.

Great deals are there to be had all the time... but you have to be persistent... and fast on the reply... and have a reasonable amount of cash on hand for a same-day deal... the smoking hot deals get snapped up early.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you get rid of the Tacoma, what are you going to do for a truck? I can't imagine life without one. The Bronco is great. An absolute fun ride every single time I get behind the wheel. It's not a truck however. Just yesterday, my daughter says hey I need you to go pick up some stuff from our rent house and dispose of it. Not going to happen in the Bronco.
As far as how they feel, the Bronco 2.3L MT is a rocket ship compared to my Tacoma.
Ford Bronco Thoughts going from Tacoma to Bronco 36E99097-F0FF-4614-B5B0-B66CD221B164

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you get rid of the Tacoma, what are you going to do for a truck? I can't imagine life without one. The Bronco is great. An absolute fun ride every single time I get behind the wheel. It's not a truck however. Just yesterday, my daughter says hey I need you to go pick up some stuff from our rent house and dispose of it. Not going to happen in the Bronco.
As far as how they feel, the Bronco 2.3L MT is a rocket ship compared to my Tacoma.
Ford Bronco Thoughts going from Tacoma to Bronco 36E99097-F0FF-4614-B5B0-B66CD221B164
Not sure yet. Probably search for awhile and borrow the old mans f250 if needed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love driving my 2.3 7MT, enough power, and fun to drive

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am coming from an 06 manual Tacoma and am waiting for my auto badlands sasquatch 2.7. They had a driving event near me where I drove the manual, it was only 15 min but I really did not like it. The computer gives the engine throttle when you release the clutch and my brain could not adjust to not give it as well. I am sure with more time I would adjust and all I have herd is good things about the manual.
Let's see if I have this straight:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather, the 7-speed has a hill-start assist feature... a super-low crawler gear... auto re-start in case you stall it... and auto-throttle when accelerating???

Tell me again how this is considered a "manual" transmission? :unsure:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let's see if I have this straight:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather, the 7-speed has a hill-start assist feature... a super-low crawler gear... auto re-start in case you stall it... and auto-throttle when accelerating???

Tell me again how this is considered a "manual" transmission? :unsure:
I still get to pick the gear I want to be in at any given time. Always.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still get to pick the gear I want to be in at any given time. Always.
So can I. And it only takes the side of my thumb, not two feet and one hand.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So can I. And it only takes the side of my thumb, not two feet and one hand.

Hey man, if you want the auto, get it. You don't have to justify it to us.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get anything you want moved, and make any Home Depot runs done first. I miss my taco truck bed :(
That’s why I own a utility trailer just a 5x12 for the stuff I usually would throw in a truck.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey man, if you want the auto, get it. You don't have to justify it to us.
Ha ha. 😛 I’m mostly just giving you shit. If I was buying my own personal Bronco, it would be the manual - even though it hardly qualifies any more, with all the electro-nannies. But it’s also our family hauler and my wife’s daily driver, and she preferred the auto (both of her Jeeps she’s owned were manuals).

I just laugh when people here act like driving a stick shift is some kind of badge of honor, as if it takes the dexterity of a concert pianist to master the magical art of shifting manually. 🙄

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ha ha. 😛 I’m mostly just giving you shit. If I was buying my own personal Bronco, it would be the manual - even though it hardly qualifies any more, with all the electro-nannies. But it’s also our family hauler and my wife’s daily driver, and she preferred the auto (both of her Jeeps she’s owned were manuals).

I just laugh when people here act like driving a stick shift is some kind of badge of honor, as if it takes the dexterity of a concert pianist to master the magical art of shifting manually. 🙄

No worries. No one here in this thread is acting that way. I don't believe it even came up until you brought it up. The thread is about how the Bronco compares to the Tacoma, specifically the 2.3L MT. I have both, so it seems fitting to be in the thread.
Again. If you are happy with the auto, that's all that matters. How does it compare to the Tacoma?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No worries. No one here in this thread is acting that way. I don't believe it even came up until you brought it up. The thread is about how the Bronco compares to the Tacoma, specifically the 2.3L MT. I have both, so it seems fitting to be in the thread.
Again. If you are happy with the auto, that's all that matters. How does it compare to the Tacoma?
My last Tacoma was a 2005, so it probably doesn’t relate to the newer ones. I liked it a lot - until my wife’s motorcycle nearly fell through the thin piece of sheet metal they called the tailgate. (Pretty sure that’s why they call them Tacos.)
Sponsored