Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ha- that's what I was thinking! The small 4 X 8 fold up one, that I could tuck it in the corner of the garage, folded up when not in use. It's not that expensive- like $450 or so. Much cheaper than the $1200+ rack for the Bronco- if you can even get one.

We kayak and paddle board a lot. My wife has and older Silverado regular cab short bed 2wd truck that we use in town. Although for vacation and on trips there is not enough room in it for everything. And it is only 2wd for the mountain and dirt roads and trails we like to go on.
Exactly! Just wish the factory hitch option wasnt such a hangup.
Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will 100% have a smile if you drive a manual 2.3L Bronco! I promise
I can vouch for that as well. Even on days were Im just meh, theres a smile

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a 2.3 MT 4dr Badlands, no squatch as it wasn't available for 21MY. Could it be faster, of course! Have I ever been lacking in power for normal driving / merging / etc, absolutely not.

Wife has a FoST, at Off-roadeo she hops in, looks down and says, "I'm not sure I remember how to drive an auto..."

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The majority of people in the 5/13 build week got manual trans paired with sasquatch package. So far everyone who has received one has absolutely loved it. I have the 2.3 in my ranger and it is a great little engine, significantly more torquey feeling than when I've driven Tacos w/ the V6.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly! Just wish the factory hitch option wasnt such a hangup.
Get one aftermarket!! I got the Curt Hitch- it was like $110 and I installed it in 20 minutes- super easy. It is super good quality and seems the same as the Ford one. I put it on for a bike rack (We do a lot of bike riding too). I still have to get an extension as it interferes with the spare tire so have not used it yet. And I still have to get the wiring kit and wire it up if I am going to tow a small trailer. But I reserved mine without a hitch and had the hitch on 2 weeks after I got the Bronco.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Get one aftermarket!! I got the Curt Hitch- it was like $110 and I installed it in 20 minutes- super easy. It is super good quality and seems the same as the Ford one. I put it on for a bike rack (We do a lot of bike riding too). I still have to get an extension as it interferes with the spare tire so have not used it yet. And I still have to get the wiring kit and wire it up if I am going to tow a small trailer. But I reserved mine without a hitch and had the hitch on 2 weeks after I got the Bronco.
How involved is the wiring on these without the tow package?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed you live in the state I grew up and lived most of my life- Massachusetts. I lived in Western Massachusetts although have been the the Cape many times. What a great state for a Bronco and to go 4 wheeling. Western Massachusetts is great for being outdoors 4 wheeling!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How involved is the wiring on these without the tow package?
The connector harness is readily available for like $110. I believe that it plugs in- in the back.....but you have to run a wire from it to the battery- along the body or frame. Probably use wire ties to secure it. There may be a separate ground wire to attach as well. Not too bad but you have to get underneath it. I have done a couple similar SUV's and it was not too bad a job. It plugging in makes the job a lot easier and you don't have to splice into any wires.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am coming from an 06 manual Tacoma and am waiting for my auto badlands sasquatch 2.7. They had a driving event near me where I drove the manual, it was only 15 min but I really did not like it. The computer gives the engine throttle when you release the clutch and my brain could not adjust to not give it as well. I am sure with more time I would adjust and all I have herd is good things about the manual.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Taco btw, would have gotten a Manual if I didn’t need a truck to tow a bobcat back in the day, not that that happened

got pics of the Taco btw?

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I noticed you live in the state I grew up and lived most of my life- Massachusetts. I lived in Western Massachusetts although have been the the Cape many times. What a great state for a Bronco and to go 4 wheeling. Western Massachusetts is great for being outdoors 4 wheeling!
Spent some good years out at Westfield State in college. Will definitely take the Bronco out there whenever i may get it.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Love the Taco btw, would have gotten a Manual if I didn’t need a truck to tow a bobcat back in the day, not that that happened

got pics of the Taco btw?
Ill take a few when i get outta work. Its pretty much just a base TRD Off Road though. Not much i ever wanted to do with it besides function as a truck. But I love that that Bronco can be modded and peraonalized so easily. I guess partly why i want one so much.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Have a 2.3 MT 4dr Badlands, no squatch as it wasn't available for 21MY. Could it be faster, of course! Have I ever been lacking in power for normal driving / merging / etc, absolutely not.

Wife has a FoST, at Off-roadeo she hops in, looks down and says, "I'm not sure I remember how to drive an auto..."
Thats awesome. Shes like a unicorn. Id be going back to manual after about 15 years off! But everything before that was a manual. I think im ready to go back with something this fun to drive.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The connector harness is readily available for like $110. I believe that it plugs in- in the back.....but you have to run a wire from it to the battery- along the body or frame. Probably use wire ties to secure it. There may be a separate ground wire to attach as well. Not too bad but you have to get underneath it. I have done a couple similar SUV's and it was not too bad a job. It plugging in makes the job a lot easier and you don't have to splice into any wires.
Thanks. That sounds like the best option for me to hopefully get a faster build. Who woulda thought friggin microchips for a tow package would slow a build. Crazy times.
Sponsored