Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The majority of people in the 5/13 build week got manual trans paired with sasquatch package. So far everyone who has received one has absolutely loved it. I have the 2.3 in my ranger and it is a great little engine, significantly more torquey feeling than when I've driven Tacos w/ the V6.
Its amazing what these little turbos can do now. My wife has seen me obsessing over the Bronco configurator for months. So you know what she does. She goes out and buys a 22 Wrangler Rubicon. Gotta admit, the 2.0l is pretty nice! Not what I want, but shes been wanting a Wrangler since she was a kid. Im happy for her and a little jealous she got her dream ride before me.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not the engine, it's the powertrain. The Taco is notorious for gear-seeking and somehow makes it more sluggish than it should be. The Bronco ain't that at all. I drove the 2.3 in a 10 speed and thought it was the 2.7 until they told me! In a stick, it would be freaking amazing.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's not the engine, it's the powertrain. The Taco is notorious for gear-seeking and somehow makes it more sluggish than it should be. The Bronco ain't that at all. I drove the 2.3 in a 10 speed and thought it was the 2.7 until they told me! In a stick, it would be freaking amazing.
Well whenever these order banks open back up (im hearing mid august) id be happy to wait my turn for a 2.3 manual. And i feel with all the Broncos quirks and dumb things wrong with it id be happy no matter what. So long as i dont get a faulty turbo or something.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is nobody going to address the mid package with the manual thing? Is that a thing now? When I ordered mine there was no squatch package available with manual, which there is now but I still do not regret not getting it. Another issue is that the only option, tech wise, was base only. You still get a decent amount of tech with it, which surprised the hell out of me. The only thing you'd be missing from base to mid is parking sensors, auto a/c, intelligent access (key in pocket you just grab the doors to lock/unlock) and the bigger screen. You get everything else in the base and with the ford pass including locking and unlocking or just by adding the keypad.

And the 2.3 scoots, don't worry.

As for the trailer wiring, curt makes a plug and play kit. You literally just plug it in between your taillights and the taillight wiring, run it to the hitch and chassis ground it somewhere.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is nobody going to address the mid package with the manual thing? Is that a thing now? When I ordered mine there was no squatch package available with manual, which there is now but I still do not regret not getting it. Another issue is that the only option, tech wise, was base only. You still get a decent amount of tech with it, which surprised the hell out of me. The only thing you'd be missing from base to mid is parking sensors, auto a/c, intelligent access (key in pocket you just grab the doors to lock/unlock) and the bigger screen. You get everything else in the base and with the ford pass including locking and unlocking or just by adding the keypad.

And the 2.3 scoots, don't worry.

As for the trailer wiring, curt makes a plug and play kit. You literally just plug it in between your taillights and the taillight wiring, run it to the hitch and chassis ground it somewhere.
I like most of the Badlands extras, but i dont get why the Black Diamond cant have a mid package with the manual. Makes no sense. Ive also considered just going base package black diamond manual too.

Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like most of the Badlands extras, but i dont get why the Black Diamond cant have a mid package with the manual. Makes no sense. Ive also considered just going base package black diamond manual too.
Yea, I just went to build and price for sh!t's and giggles, basically built mine (BD man, MIC top, optional 17's, mod bumper, upfitter switches, keypad) again just to see if you can get the mid, the remote start feature is what kicks it back to the auto trans. Again you're only missing a handful of features.

Another feature we don't have in manual is the Baja goat mode, but a work around is sport, 4H, locked diff.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yea, I just went to build and price for sh!t's and giggles, basically built mine (BD man, MIC top, optional 17's, mod bumper, upfitter switches, keypad) again just to see if you can get the mid, the remote start feature is what kicks it back to the auto trans. Again you're only missing a handful of features.

Another feature we don't have in manual is the Baja goat mode, but a work around is sport, 4H, locked diff.
Thats honestly a build i can get behind. Would definitely consider it.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats honestly a build i can get behind. Would definitely consider it.
It's a lot of fun the way it is. You can easily put 35's on it with no lift too.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya id probably get a beater dump run truck in addition to the Bronco. But the Tacoma would need to be a trade in. Plus have friends and family with trucks at the ready.
I had the exact same thought, but they’re hard to find too!

I bought a cheap 500$ 4x8 trailer off harbor freight, but so far I’ve been too lazy to use it.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a gen 2 Tacoma, so not a apples to apples comparison, but the 2.3l & 7 speed blows it out of the water.

Only regret I have, which is mirrored by others, the Bronco is not a truck. I couldn't keep both for space reasons.

If Ford made a Badlands spec Ranger with the 7 speed....
takemymoney.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had a gen 2 Tacoma, so not a apples to apples comparison, but the 2.3l & 7 speed blows it out of the water.

Only regret I have, which is mirrored by others, the Bronco is not a truck. I couldn't keep both for space reasons.

If Ford made a Badlands spec Ranger with the 7 speed....
takemymoney.jpg
Haha. Ya me too probably.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Love the Taco btw, would have gotten a Manual if I didn’t need a truck to tow a bobcat back in the day, not that that happened

got pics of the Taco btw?
Like I said its stock, but its been good to me and served its purpose. Just feel like i want a more exciting ride. Because why not?

Ford Bronco Thoughts going from Tacoma to Bronco 20220610_151347

Ford Bronco Thoughts going from Tacoma to Bronco 20220610_151403

Last edited:

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya id probably get a beater dump run truck in addition to the Bronco. But the Tacoma would need to be a trade in. Plus have friends and family with trucks at the ready.
You hit me right where I'm at... I have my 'dump run' truck... a $900 96 F150 reg cab SB 2wd... that with a little love - and a small investment in good tires and maintenance - turned out pretty sweet. The 310k 300-6 is bulletproof and idles so smoothly you can hardly feel it running. The A/C still blows ice cold... AM/FM works... and being an XL with no other options... it's 100% functional. Love it.

20211212_174257.jpg

Problem is... I haven't driven since I got my Bronco 5 weeks ago. I hate to let something just sit... and it takes up room for other vehicles.

... and since I was lucky enough to get factory tow on my Bronco... every time I look at her now... this is looking like a cheap, viable option that's getting harder not to consider.

Screenshot_20220610-122223_Chrome.jpg

Not going to make a rash decision... but, damn.

OP
OP
AuldBronco

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You hit me right where I'm at... I have my 'dump run' truck... a $900 96 F150 reg cab SB 2wd... that with a little love - and a small investment in good tires and maintenance - turned out pretty sweet. The 310k 300-6 is bulletproof and idles so smoothly you can hardly feel it running. The A/C still blows ice cold... AM/FM works... and being an XL with no other options... it's 100% functional. Love it.

Ford Bronco Thoughts going from Tacoma to Bronco Screenshot_20220610-122223_Chrome

Problem is... I haven't driven since I got my Bronco 5 weeks ago. I hate to let something just sit... and it takes up room for other vehicles.

... and since I was lucky enough to get factory tow on my Bronco... every time I look at her now... this is looking like a cheap, viable option that's getting harder not to consider.

Ford Bronco Thoughts going from Tacoma to Bronco Screenshot_20220610-122223_Chrome

Not going to make a rash decision... but, damn.
Thats the sweetest dump run truck ive ever seen! Nice.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats the sweetest dump run truck ive ever seen! Nice.
I spend a lot of time turning wrenches keeping old Fords and Mercurys roadworthy. I need something with a bed for engine blocks, etc.

I started building this 65 Ranchero for that role... but the auto body shop on Fort Lewis got shut down from Covid just after I took it down to bare metal. So there she sits at $100/mo storage. 😑

20191011_213258.jpg

20191115_181352.jpg

Nothing beats a hot rod 'dump run' truck... lol
Sponsored