First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went from a 6 cyl Toyota FJ (I also have a Tacoma) to the 4 cyl bronco with MT - plenty of power and torque - plus it's a "tried and tested" Ford engine. Build quality is however way higher on any Toyota vehicle compared to the bronco - however, for style and fun-factor in an off-road leaning vehicle, the Bronco is head and shoulders above the Tacoma or FJ.
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just moved from a 2017 TRD off road double cab manual v6 to a Big Bend 2.3 non sas manual 4 door with rear locker (wanted basically the same level of off-road capability/features while still maintaining good on road manners).

The Bronco is definitely more fun to drive. The 2.3 manual setup is leagues above the Tacos manual 3.5 drivetrain and feels way more powerful.

The Bronco is also much more comfortable on long drives and I get decently better mpgs in Bronco too.

The only things I miss about the Tacoma is the overall build quality and obvious functionality of the bed (I have a 12 foot trailer I can use but sometimes it's a hassle to mess with). The Tacoma was a bit more enjoyable to tow with too.

It's an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad I did not choose the sas package. The standard tires with 2.3 and manual is like the perfect combo of handling and power. Absolutely love it. May upgrade to conservative 33s at some point but that would be it.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do it! Dont even look back! lol