Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A fully digital dash is one of the things I'm hoping comes sooner than later. I could handle an analog speedo and tach with a smaller central digital screen as well. But this mishmash on the Bronco is one of the few design choices that really irks me.
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have liked analog gauges with a graphic center stack like in f150s and the sport as well. Put all of the 4 wheel Dr. Stuff, goat modes etc. In the infotainment screen! Luckily you can configure the display! And like Daktari, I shift by sound/feel as well.

Bohlmbo

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping the "over the air updates" give us some additional dash options in the future.

OP
OP

GeoSue

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 geo tracker
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would have liked analog gauges with a graphic center stack like in f150s and the sport as well. Put all of the 4 wheel Dr. Stuff, goat modes etc. In the infotainment screen! Luckily you can configure the display! And like Daktari, I shift by sound/feel as well.
I liked the f150 and the sport dash.
They both are set up right.
I don't need a tachometer to shift.
I have shifted for over a half a century not using a tachometer but I always use it when I am working the engine hard.
I don't use the fuel guage for a while after I fill up but I would like to read it at a glance.
I don't use the trip meter except for when I fuel up to get actual fuel mileage.
This can go on about all the information available.
You don't need it all the time but it should be easy to see without having to decode it when you need it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GeoSue

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 geo tracker
Your Bronco Model
Base
I liked the f150 and the sport dash.
They both are set up right.
I don't need a tachometer to shift.
I have shifted for over a half a century not using a tachometer but I always use it when I am working the engine hard.
I don't use the fuel guage for a while after I fill up but I would like to read it at a glance.
Ford Bronco Bronco dash board instrumentation Screenshot_20210930-202109_Chrome
Ford Bronco Bronco dash board instrumentation Screenshot_20210930-202053_Chrome

I don't use the trip meter except for when I fuel up to get actual fuel mileage.
This can go on about all the information available.
You don't need it all the time but it should be easy to see without having to decode it when you need it.
I just found this picture of a 2022 Bronco's dashboard.
Looks like a regular Ford dashboard with an analog speedometer and tachometer. I'm feeling better now I have a 2022 Bronco ordered.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is actually good that they put anything in the traditional location. Some new cars only have the center monitor. How would that be to get used to! I like the layout. I really don't care about the tac or the vertical meter. All I really need is speed and gas.
True but the graphics are absolutely terrible. Look at literally any other auto maker in a 2021 model and it's way more appealing to the eye and modern.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just found this picture of a 2022 Bronco's dashboard.
Looks like a regular Ford dashboard with an analog speedometer and tachometer. I'm feeling better now I have a 2022 Bronco ordered.
I'm afraid that is some kind of click bait. I don't see anything changing between MY21 and MY22 other than a couple of exterior colors and some special editions.
Sponsored