Sponsored

Bronco Driving Experience AKA, mini off rodeo.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am attending one of these events this weekend in Bridgeport Texas. I saw one post here about it. What can we expect as far as bronco examples? Also, why no kids under 16, seems like it would be great way for the whole family to get excited about the Bronco that may or may not show up this year. Looking forward to a fun day, hope is doesn't backfire with the wife who regularly points out how much she likes the new GMC Yukon, lol
Sponsored

Mason

Badlands
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I attended the event in Washington State a few weeks back. Your event is the same crew and vehicles. They have six or seven Broncos for the driving and a couple to look at and poke around in while you wait to drive. I drove #8, which was a lovely 4 door Badlands with a manual transmission. The others were automatics and it looked like they had a mix of 2 door and 4 door rigs in all of the packages except First Edition and Wild Trak. As for the passengers, I assume it's a liability issue. Truth be told, the drive is pretty short and there isn't time for other people to drive, so I enjoyed going alone and learning some new things about the vehicle and its capabilities. You also get a free hat, so there's that!

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am attending one of these events this weekend in Bridgeport Texas. I saw one post here about it. What can we expect as far as bronco examples? Also, why no kids under 16, seems like it would be great way for the whole family to get excited about the Bronco that may or may not show up this year. Looking forward to a fun day, hope is doesn't backfire with the wife who regularly points out how much she likes the new GMC Yukon, lol
I am attending the Bridgeport one this Friday. I'll try to post what to expect when I finish.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, why no kids under 16
Dang, did I not read the fine print? The 10yo boy and I are scheduled for Bridgeport on the 29th. While he hasn't driven a Bronco yet he probably has more seat time in our Jeep and off-roading experience than most other attendees. Oh well, we were planning on bringing our Bronco anyhow and if they deem he can't ride along we will venture off on our own.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going next week. Did they have anything for sale (clothing, coffee mugs...)?

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you
Just got back. It was OK. Glad to be behind the wheel and actually drive one off road again but I think I was spoiled with the off-roadeo. I had about 30 minutes behind the wheel and got to go up and down a few rocky hills, try out the trail turn assist, and traverse some water but nothing major. They do give you a free hat though.

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got back. It was OK. Glad to be behind the wheel and actually drive one off road again but I think I was spoiled with the off-roadeo. I had about 30 minutes behind the wheel and got to go up and down a few rocky hills, try out the trail turn assist, and traverse some water but nothing major. They do give you a free hat though.
Glad to hear. I’m scheduled for Feb 2. How many units do they have available? Any manuals?
Thanks!

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad to hear. I’m scheduled for Feb 2. How many units do they have available? Any manuals?
Thanks!
I saw about a half dozen. I personally had a big bend 4 door MIC auto. Only saw one sasquatch. When I got there, it was a quick 5 min orientation before the drive so I didn't think to ask about the manual's. I saw on another post that they did have them.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you, we are scheduled for 11 tomorrow.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When they were in AZ they had a manual, but you either had to have a manual on order, or the car you arrive in is a manual. I think they’re trying protect clutches.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I attended one at the RAM Off-Road Park in Colorado Springs a week ago. It was short and technical, but if you had already spent ten hours at an off-roadeo event (like I did in Moab) you would be very comfortable driving it without guidance.

The main difference was that they tried to fit people with a Bronco closest to whatever they have on order. For me, that was a stock 2-door Outer Banks. Other than the color and lack of Advanced 4x4, it was my exact build down to the 2.7 liter engine and the cloth seats.

The other difference was that, unlike the Off-Roadeo, the cameras were on so I could use the dashboard display to see where my tires were and the trail ahead.

My guide was Courtney, a stunt driver from Florida. It was a fun half hour and worth the drive across town.

OP
OP

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well it was a good day. We got to spend about 40 minuets out with our guide in a 2 door Wildtrak, our build is a 4 door Wildtrak. He was very informative and let us take our time. Even after the drive, he sat inside with the wife showing her things on the infotainment center. Other members of the crew were nice as well, gave us their experiences driving these Broncos around the country. Also the infamous painted Jerry can really affirmed that eruption green is our color. My son got a hat, and the wife posted she can't wait for her new Bronco, win win.
Sponsored