Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gerard Collins is at it again!

Yet another superdeluxe, informative and genuinely hilarious video:

The system itself seems like a rather lengthy install and is just as expensive as getting one of those "shopping cart" looking things. The net underneath is to put the front roof panels. Do we really need a motor here or would a simple "mechanical advantage" pulley system work just as well? Not sure if this product is was for me. But the video was.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The system itself seems like a rather lengthy install and is just as expensive as getting one of those "shopping cart" looking things. The net underneath is to put the front roof panels. Do we really need a motor here or would a simple "mechanical advantage" pulley system work just as well? Not sure if this product is was for me. But the video was.
I paid $163 total for my hoist system. It works great. It's not motorized and it honestly takes longer to take the bolts out than to actually crank it up and off.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like having the positive control raising and lowering with a pulley system verse using an app for something so simple. As for the panels I just put a moving blanket on the top then put the panels there. Just because there is tech it doesn't make it faster or better, sometimes it makes things more complicated and more expensive.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid $163 total for my hoist system. It works great. It's not motorized and it honestly takes longer to take the bolts out than to actually crank it up and off.
Any pictures and parts list would be appreciated. I got a 12 foot ceiling with a garage door opener... and $200+ gift card from Lowe's to use.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like having the positive control raising and lowering with a pulley system verse using an app for something so simple. As for the panels I just put a moving blanket on the top then put the panels there. Just because there is tech it doesn't make it faster or better, sometimes it makes things more complicated and more expensive.
This product has a similar plan for the 4 door middle panel. You put it on top of rear part of the top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He is a personable presenter for sure. But informative? Now so much.

No information about garage requirements. Looks like he’s got a 10’ ceiling. What if yours is 8’?

No information about how it installs in the garage. Especially given that he had somebody else install it. Where’s the excuse in not documenting some of THAT? Kick back in your lawn chair with your sippy cup and film the guys doing the install.

No information about how it attaches to the top itself. This is the most important thing to me (and I’m sure many others). Could it damage the seals hanging there for weeks? Would be nice to know. Even nicer to see why.

But he did cover an equally important piece of info well: price. And whoah buddy. YIKES! Not for everybody. But I kinda guessed that early on in the video soon as I saw those dual motors. One motor can accomplish the same job for half the price.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
He is a personable presenter for sure. But informative? Now so much.

No information about garage requirements. Looks like he’s got a 10’ ceiling. What if yours is 8’?

No information about how it installs in the garage. Especially given that he had somebody else install it. Where’s the excuse in not documenting some of THAT? Kick back in your lawn chair with your sippy cup and film the guys doing the install.

No information about how it attaches to the top itself. This is the most important thing to me (and I’m sure many others). Could it damage the seals hanging there for weeks? Would be nice to know. Even nicer to see why.

But he did cover an equally important piece of info well: price. And whoah buddy. YIKES! Not for everybody. But I kinda guessed that early on in the video soon as I saw those dual motors. One motor can accomplish the same job for half the price.
I saved so much money on my $30,555 Manual 2-Door 2021 Base Bronco, that maybe I can splurge for this.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to hoist my RTT off my Bronco and need each pulley/motor mounted to my ceiling apart from the other pair OUTSIDE the width of my RTT such that after hoisting to max pulley height, I can ratchet strap the rest to get snug against the ceiling. Do you think this system or one of their others will do this job. It is VERY important that the pulley system NOT directly above the footprint of the RTT as I need it snug to the ceiling to open my garage door.

Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top Motorized Hoist Lift System Install & Review RTT Hoist

Ford Bronco Bronco Hard Top Motorized Hoist Lift System Install & Review SmartHoist 4.JPG

SmartHoist 4A.jpg

Last edited: