First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know when the Bronco hybrid engine is supposed to be available? I heard 2022 but I haven't heard all that much about it other than it is happening at some point. Do you think it will be available in the 2 door? Jeep's hybrid is only available in the 4 door which makes me think Ford will go down that route as well.
Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Does anyone know when the Bronco hybrid engine is supposed to be available? I heard 2022 but I haven't heard all that much about it other than it is happening at some point. Do you think it will be available in the 2 door? Jeep's hybrid is only available in the 4 door which makes me think Ford will go down that route as well.
it's probably apples to oranges but Ford Authority is saying 2024 for the Sport. And that's basically the same drive train as the Escape. For the Bronco it's going to be a whole new setup.

The Jeep is a PHEV with a electric motor in the tranny (replaces the torque converter) and another connected by belt to the engine. Differing from a hybrid in that it MUST be plugged in to shore power to get more than a half charge. I do not know if there is an advantage to that setup or if it was just a temporary shortcut to get it to market. There have been a few half axed engine mounted belt driven versions produced by others in the past. They have all gone away to my knowledge.

I seriously doubt Ford would cobble together anything like that.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m interested as well but thinking 2022 is probably unrealistic. Maybe late as a MY23 change. Curious where was your source?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the Maverick and Escape already having a hybrid… we’ll probably see a Bronco Sport hybrid in 2023/2024 as long as Bronco Sport sales don’t tank.

For the full-sized Bronco… I betcha they’ll be looking closely at the Wrangler 4xe sales. If it does well, sooner rather than later. But realistically probably not until 2024 at the earliest assuming they take shortcuts and just port over the F-150 hybrid’s power train.

I personally am not expecting a hybrid Bronco until Gen 7 unless the 4xe does really well. And by then we might actually be far enough enough along when it comes to electric technology that we may be looking at a full-electric Bronco instead.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Order guide will be available 9/13. You'll know all the options then.

Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It appears Ford has been testing some hybrid versions, but I would still be pleasantly surprised if a hybrid is available for 2022. When it does come, which I'm guessing will 2023 at best, I think the first hybrid to drop will be the Raptor. I'd love a hybrid version of the Bronco.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will wait and see. I can't live with 15 mpg with rising gas prices.

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Considering the amount of reservations they had for the f150 electric I would bet we would see an electric bronco at some point. The popularity of the bronco paired with electric and good gas mileage would probably sell really good. Hopefully 2024 or 2025. I will trade my bronco in for an EV one

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco hybrid engine 2022? D6D23EEA-E709-4C2E-AD9D-2FFB9A420A2E
Ford Bronco Bronco hybrid engine 2022? C00D931D-63B9-406E-9BDB-EF83C01C6DE8
Ford Bronco Bronco hybrid engine 2022? CFE4A632-C277-4162-99CC-F8D782E1B393

It’s worth noting that the next-generation Ford Ranger – which shares the Ford T6 Platformwith the Bronco – will be available as a plug-in hybrid that will enter production before 2025, as Ford Authority reported back in June. It’s unclear what powertrain the Ranger PHEV will utilize, but previous rumors suggested that it will pair Ford’s 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 gasoline engine with an electric motor. They already have the 3.5 for the F-150 hybrid 10spd

the pictures show a sticker over what could possibly be a charging port…

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you're right. As my daily driver and what I'll use the Bronco for with my family the PHEV Bronco would be ideal and might be worth waiting a year to get.

N8Mash

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

It’s worth noting that the next-generation Ford Ranger – which shares the Ford T6 Platformwith the Bronco – will be available as a plug-in hybrid that will enter production before 2025, as Ford Authority reported back in June. It’s unclear what powertrain the Ranger PHEV will utilize, but previous rumors suggested that it will pair Ford’s 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 gasoline engine with an electric motor. They already have the 3.5 for the F-150 hybrid 10spd

the pictures show a sticker over what could possibly be a charging port…
2 door already has limited fuel tank capacity, can't imagine they'd be able to jam a floor full of batteries for a PHEV. That picture has GOT to be some interns messing around with local spy photographers.

I would love a 2 Dr PHEV Bronco, but with the 4 Dr being the volume seller and money maker, the constrained layout for powertrain on 2 Dr, I don't think it'll ever happen (would love to be proven wrong in 2024 though!).

I do hope they apply it to the 4 Dr though!

Mr.Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It appears Ford has been testing some hybrid versions, but I would still be pleasantly surprised if a hybrid is available for 2022. When it does come, which I'm guessing will 2023 at best, I think the first hybrid to drop will be the Raptor. I'd love a hybrid version of the Bronco.
How do the safety features of the Bronco compare to the Escape Hybrid. I am 74 and am looking at upgrading my 2021 to get MORE safety/convenience features like SYNC 4, Back-up object warning, global windows, wireless charging, etc.
Sponsored