First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Diesel is dying off because of Government regulations and generally being dirty. That is the primary thing driving this PHEV Ranger-no more Diesels in them ROW.
I can go on about it, Ill save it for the PMā€™s

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The half Life of Uranium is 4.4 Billion years.
Continental Plate Tectonics will have melted everything down and regurgitated it by than.
I was not imagining U238 being used as the fuel source. Surely there are other options, though I am not an expert on radioactive elements, so I couldn't say which options are easiest to produce in quantity for production vehicle use. ;)

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been in Australia and New Zealand the past two weeks. I have not seen a single Bronco, but the most common 4x4 has been the Ranger with the Wildtrack trim level. Kinda surprised as I thought I would see way more Toyotas.
Both GM and Toyota pulled out of Australia a few years ago, now there isn't any car production and everything is imported. That was a sad say for Australia and Australian industry. The UAW is hellbent on making sure that happens in the USA sooner than later.

Sponsored

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 C63 AMG, 2015 GL 450 4M, 2023 OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would trade the Bronco that I havenā€™t even received yet in on one of these in a HEARTBEAT.

Powerboost would it the THE vehicle for camping.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to say, I owned a hybrid Fusion in 2010 and it was totally fine, plus it allowed me to take a job further from home because I was able to take the HOV lane in the hybrid instead of being stuck in traffic that would have caused me a rage-induced heart attack. I had to change for something bigger, though.

At this point, my next vehicle is going to have to at least be something with some battery-only range at the least. I'm not sure my lifestyle will work with full battery TODAY, but things keep changing so I won't rule it out.

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A PowerBoost Bronco would be a game changer for overlanding, because you would have a bunch of available power for camping use. This would actually simplify your life if done correctly.

That would be a good reason for a PowerBoost Bronco.
part of the reason Iā€™m holding out for the EV Hybrid!!

I already have the powestroke van sportsmobile and would love to transition to a hybrid bronco now that the last 2 kids at home are in high school and will be driving by 2025..

I can downsize and sell the van but still travel and have onboard power anywhere I go!

Ford Bronco Hybrid Ranger revealed: 2.3L PHEV / PowerBoost Hybrid... coming to Bronco? IMG_8715

IMG_8715.jpeg

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On your point of weight and taxes, it will be intresting to see how the heavier EVs will be taxed to supplement the fuel taxes being bypassed.

Heavier vehicles = more road maintenance
It's not a dump truck. Those and the 18 wheelers are what tear up the roads. Roads would last a 100 years if only passenger vehicles were on them.
Sponsored