MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gimme. My commute is less than 10 miles round trip.
All you need is a Huffy ten speed with a rear snow tire for that daily jaunt.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far, the announcement is for Australia, not US. Which is a different Ranger.
Been in Australia and New Zealand the past two weeks. I have not seen a single Bronco, but the most common 4x4 has been the Ranger with the Wildtrack trim level. Kinda surprised as I thought I would see way more Toyotas.

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A PowerBoost Bronco would be a game changer for overlanding, because you would have a bunch of available power for camping use. This would actually simplify your life if done correctly.

That would be a good reason for a PowerBoost Bronco.
Then you wold not need to buy/build a battery system for camping/overlanding

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This!!!! So much this. I've been wanting a hybrid Bronco for this exact reason, and I know the pure off-roading community's gonna hate me and my tent, but the on-board electrification is gonna do wonders for off-grid power.
I agree with you. I’d love onboard power. Just having onboard power would give the engineers a lot of room to design cool new features too. Maybe better interior lighting that can stay on for those of us camping inside the car, or a radio that can stay on after the car is turned off. Granted, other hybrid doesn’t even leave a usb port on once the car is off either, including phev like the RAV4 Prime I believe. Or maybe an outlet or dc port to power a fridge? Maybe add a factory solar panel option that sits completely flat against the top of the roof to help recharge? Just throwing ideas.

Lastly, I got 11k miles on my car in 7 months, give me that extra mpg please! Better for the environment.

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would trade my ‘22 in a heartbeat for a Badlands with this powertrain. My 5¢/ KWh overnight electricity would save so much gas money!

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this Ranger test mule (notice where the steering wheel is) at work today along with other Transit test mules.

inbound7301525225320337289.jpg

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The more the electric 1.21gigawatt Bronco is expected and eventually most other EV's.....the more I like mine!!! At some point the realization of all this supposed EV world......the more the realest can point fingers and say......well, we told you so! In the mean time I'll continue to invest in coal and oil as it will power the EV charges as the demand goes up. 🖖:cool:

BTW, I'll gladly give a tow to any EV for $50-$100. (y)

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why? You add so much weight with the batteries for an electric. The Bronco is a light, nimble design, with a supple suspension. An electric Bronco makes no sense.
This is sarcasm, right? The Bronco as currently produced is anything but "light".

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope it does make it. Some of you all might think I am crazy, I am holding out for it. PHEV Bronco or 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser for me in the near future? That will be a tough decision for me.

I have a Tesla Model Y, and love it. Just don't want to use it for camping and heading up north. A PHEV for around town would be a perfect blend IMO for what I am after.

As far as charging goes, a standard wall plug would work over night to get 30 miles of range. Generally you can get 2-4 miles per hour of charge, no need to install a Level II charger for such a small amount of range if you were to plug in at night. And for all you EV haters, it is sooo much nicer to just have to take a whopping 8 seconds to plug in my vehicle, go to bed and have a "full tank" or range every morning versus go to a gas station. BUT, I don't want a full on EV for my camping/mountain biking rig - if I did no brainer, Rivian.

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Having had a jeep wrangler 4xe Rubicon. I am all for it. The 4xe gives you the power of the 392 wrangler but with much better mpg if your able to charge it daily.
Sponsored