Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Slow and steady, nothing sudden wins. That said, I came over a hill last winter at 45 mph to find traffic stopped at the bottom, I tried my normal gentle but firm braking, could tell it wasn't going to work and laid on the brakes...the anti-locks on my Explorer did their job and stopped me 3 ft from the bumper of a Dodge pick up.
Sponsored

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably depends almost entirely on what tires you get. My suspicion is that the non-sasquatch Badlands (BFG K02s) or Black Diamond (General Grabbers) will do the best in the snow since they come with all terrain tires that are snow rated (the 3PMSF rating).

The other trims get all season tires which aren't very good for snow, and I'd be surprised if the big/wide sasquatch tires are good in the snow, but we don't know for sure yet since they're a new tire.
Sasquatch tires horrendous in snow (i work in the industry). Just delivered today was my General ATX tires, now to wait on the vehicle

my recommendation is the ATX's, grabbers or KO2 for snow drivers

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did Goodyear ever get these tires 3PMSF certified. I know the submitted for it but have not heard since.

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did Goodyear ever get these tires 3PMSF certified. I know the submitted for it but have not heard since.
the territories?

they "failed" the snowflake test

what testing is done i have no idea, i just know that they arent snowflake rated (as of this typing)

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

the territories?

they "failed" the snowflake test

what testing is done i have no idea, i just know that they arent snowflake rated (as of this typing)
Well that blows.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep...Looks like we will get more feedback soon on the tires, more manufacturers are using the Territory MT for upcoming 2022 models... Seems they want to market it as an OEM tire...

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I had my Bronco I'd tell you, because this is what I woke up to thus morning haha

I started putting snow tires on my vehicles yesterday.

9/24/21 Anchorage,AK

20210924_074404.jpg

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was that posted anywhere
not posted anywhere other than what dealers are being told (where i work). we had the goodyear rep in and i specifically asked him (for obvious reasons) and he told me to remove them from my car if i plan on driving in the snow as they dont grip snow at all. you will essentially never find "oem" tires that perform great in snow except in cases where youre getting something like a ko2 or a grabber tire on a truck

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The General Grabber ATX on the BD are probably the best factory option, I had a set on my old truck and they’re very good in the snow.

Most people think an AT/MT tire will be decent because of how aggressive they look however in snow & ice the chemical composition of the rubber is paramount not really the tread so much. Also it’s been my experience that a narrow tire (again like the ATX) is superior in deep snow vs a wide tire.

last dedicated winter, dedicated summer and save yourself the waste of money and keep away from any “all” season tires as they don’t do anything well other than save you some money short term.

My plan is the OE ATX & steelies that are coming on my BD for winter, and dedicated Grabber X3’s & aftermarket wheels for the other half of the year.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As California driver who goes to Utah snow every year. It is 1000% the driver. Any 4wd bronco with any tires will be a advantage but it is really up to the driver or throw on chains too. Because if there is ice under the snow no tires matter you’ll be sliding everywhere.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I expect it will similar to my Jeep rubicon. Driver skill more important than vehicle capabilities.

My GtR with dedicated winter tires does better than anything if there is less than 4 inches of snow.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer installed KO2's on my Badlands 4 door MT, I'll let you know in a few months how they do ;)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every year it takes a few months for most people to remember how not to slide around accidentally.

Which reminds me, I need to replace my dash cam ...

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember driving home for 3 hours in a snow storm in my Honda Fit. I passed at least 10(stopped counting after that) incidents of cars on the side of the highway. Some of them were cars that slid into a ditch and others were accidents. Too many people think 4wd can overcome physics
Sponsored