First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Getting some snow here in Alaska, but Ford can't be bothered to build my FE or even tell me when they might...

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But... Peeps have Squatched Bronco's right now. Lol. Haven't they looked at their sidewalls? 🤷🏻
or you know, read the thread where i answered in 4 different responses about not using the OEM tires if you live in an area with snow due to the fact it failed for snow/ice

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was that posted anywhere

The tires never had the rating, why would anyone post that they still don't?

Tire Rack showed them months and months ago online, no rating, bad reviews in snow and ice (as expected; hybrid muds uses a compound that is made to be hard, will never do well in frozen precipitation or cold.)

If you are referencing the unsubstantiated rumor of testing, that it was going to magically defy physics and get the rating that some folks here keep posting as fact, well...welcome to 6G.

Last edited:

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Goodyear engineers in an interview said that the tire had been submitted for that rating but at the time of the interview thet had not notified them.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

or you know, read the thread where i answered in 4 different responses about not using the OEM tires if you live in an area with snow due to the fact it failed for snow/ice
Lol. Doesn't mean they're no good in the winter. The 3 peak rating is an extreme test designation that usually only winter tires pass. Also helps if you know how to drive in winter conditions. Tires only perform better or worse, it doesn't mean they're unsuitable. I guess nobody remembers a time before winter tires and everyone rode around on A/S's? You could get snow tires, but they looked like... GY Territories
😂

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re expecting OEM developed tires to perform great in any facet, you’re going to be disappointed. The Territory line was created to get cars, trucks and SUV’s off dealer lots and down the road with very generic stats for comfort and performance.
You just described EVERY OEM tire ever delivered. Lol

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol. Doesn't mean they're no good in the winter. The 3 peak rating is an extreme test designation that usually only winter tires pass. Also helps if you know how to drive in winter conditions. Tires only perform better or worse, it doesn't mean they're unsuitable. I guess nobody remembers a time before winter tires and everyone rode around on A/S's? You could get snow tires, but they looked like... GY Territories
😂
You're not even talking about the same thing. People are asking if they're snowflake rated. They're not. People are asking if they're good in winter conditions. They're not.

You're saying it's on the driver. That's mostly true. But with correct tires, the best drivers perform better. Mud tires are a hard compound of rubber for very obvious reasons.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're not even talking about the same thing. People are asking if they're snowflake rated. They're not. People are asking if they're good in winter conditions. They're not.

You're saying it's on the driver. That's mostly true. But with correct tires, the best drivers perform better. Mud tires are a hard compound of rubber for very obvious reasons.
Not good in winter conditions... You're basing this off of what a Goodyear Rep told you...? You don't think he would tell you to change them out merely from a legal/libel standpoint? I'm not saying they're gonna be the best winter tire... And certainly not the worst. They're not 3 peak rated 🤷🏻
Will they do the job to get me to work in January here in southern Ontario? Sure... Deep snow (how often does that happen on major roads)? Probably better than the Honda Civic on winter tires... On ice? No tire is gonna perform well on ice... And again, how often does this happen in SWO? Maybe in Texas.... Lol

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not good in winter conditions... You're basing this off of what a Goodyear Rep told you...? You don't think he would tell you to change them out merely from a legal/libel standpoint? I'm not saying they're gonna be the best winter tire... And certainly not the worst. They're not 3 peak rated 🤷🏻
Will they do the job to get me to work in January here in southern Ontario? Sure... Deep snow (how often does that happen on major roads)? Probably better than the Honda Civic on winter tires... On ice? No tire is gonna perform well on ice... And again, how often does this happen in SWO? Maybe in Texas.... Lol
go read all my posts in this thread about how i have my information and dont assume

if you want to change your tires, go ahead. if you want an extra set of the goodyears, ill sell you mine. your car your choice

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly I haven’t read most of this thread. For navigating snow and ice on the roadways it is more related to the driver than the car.

I’ve grew up in snowy area and learned to drive in it. But I have still wrecked cars because I was overconfident… when I was younger.

I’ve driven a 650+ hp and torque convertible Terminator in horrid snow/ice conditions and had no problems. I’ve driven old Jeeps in the same. If you know how to drive what you’re in you’re fine.

Every winter I see idiots in pickups and SUVs just booking down the interstate or highways and 9 times out of 10 I see them in the ditch further down the road.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

go read all my posts in this thread about how i have my information and dont assume

if you want to change your tires, go ahead. if you want an extra set of the goodyears, ill sell you mine. your car your choice
Assume? Guy... I read your posts. 🤷🏻
Nobody has been in the snow with the Goodyears yet. Lol. If anyone is assuming, it's you....

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I suspect the Bronco will do well in the snow. I've ordered a non-Squatch BL so the BFGs will do a good job in the conditions we get in our area. I've seen ice and up to 22" of snow overnight. Few here know how to drive in bad conditions. I am looking forward to 4A so that I can set it for those partially plowed / melted times with large wet pavement patches. My wife will stop asking me why I keep dipping my tires into piles of slush on the edge of the lane.
Sponsored