Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You speak for yourself, ‘fan boy’.
I read a lot. And the percentage is small. And it shrinks even more when you account for tire size. Just because your brothers mothers uncle heard his dads first cousin broke one doesn’t mean they are all breaking at the rate you claim. There is plenty of testimony to back this. You post like you witnessed every one of them.
ReAd

Are you seriously questioning his brothers, mothers, uncles, dads first cousins anecdotal evidence ??!!

Get the hell outta here !!
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you seriously questioning his brothers, mothers, uncles, dads first cousins anecdotal evidence ??!!

Get the hell outta here !!
I’m sorry. My full apologies. Where do I send the donation?

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First off, glad you're enjoying your new Bronco! It's always a treat to experience that new-car feeling, especially when you're really excited about it!

As for the towing/hills and not having to hunt for gears/revs to go up hills, oh, don't worry, that 10AT is absolutely changing gears to make you feel you're in the power band.

On the '19 Ranger we own (Lariat, 2.3/10AT) you can press the "+/-" button on the side of the gear selector to have your current gear shown on screen. If you need to pass at freeway speeds, or Sudden acceleration, the 10AT will slam down from 10th to 5th or 6th to give you passing power. Sometimes these downshift come with a solid THUD! Which is accompanying by the brown-note-inducing sound of gravel in the transmission until it sorts itself out.

You'll also be forced to roll along on 25 or 30 MPH zones in 10th gear so if there is the mildest of inclines it will downshift 3-4 gears just so that nice old lady walking on the sidewalk doesn't pass you as the engine struggles for air and revs.

It's a miracle transmission, but only in that the miracle is how it can always be out of the power band in its unending quest to be in 10th gear at all times. But oh how it's smooth while doing so!

Even this old FmX transmission diagram is still valid with Ford's new 10AT's.

adbb189fa479839b0d6e5f1482d72c49--automatic-transmission.jpg
I've not experienced anything like that with this trans but I also lived with Ford's crown jewel of transmissions, the 6spd dual clutch they put in the Fiesta/Focus so maybe the fact that it's probably 1.2million times better than that has clouded my judgement.

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm most interested to hear about which Taxa trailer you have..... Wolly Bear, Tiger Moth, Cricket, Mantis? I've had a Mantis in the past and thinking about picking up another one so if you are towing that with the Bronco I'm interested in hearing how that is.
We had a Cricket and now have a Mantis. The Bronco would be fine pulling the Cricket but there is no way I would pull a Mantis with the Bronco, especially if towing for long distances. The base Mantis is over weight for all but the Raptor Bronco and the overland version is over weight for the Raptor.

Would it pull one, sure. Should it pull one, no.

There is more to it than dry weight of the trailer being under the tow rating; tongue weight, gross weight, and frontal area of the trailer need to be looked at for specs, then factor in payload in the trailer and the Bronco.

Example, not Bronco, tow numbers:
Stock vehicle has payload capacity of 900lbs with a tow rating of 3500lbs.

Two average adults - 350lbs
Gear - 200lbs
Gas at 18 gallons - 108lbs
Total - 658lbs
Leaves 242lbs for tongue weight of trailer

GCVWR (Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating ) - 8100lbs
Weight of vehicle - 4600lbs
Leaves 3500lbs
subtract payload numbers - 658lbs
Maximum weight of trailer - 2842lbs

It is suggested to tow no more than 80% tow rating.

I tow the Mantis with my F-150 Tremor.

Sponsored

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm aware that the base bronco can't tow it. I do have a Raptor. I towed the old Mantis with an FJ and while not ideal it worked. Raptor is similar in tow capacity when I last looked so I knew it ws possible. Haven't exactly crunched the number yet.

A you point out it might not be ideal but have to make do with what I have. Separate tow vehicle for a Mantis just isn't in the cards right now. I might have to just get a Cricket if it doesn't work.

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm aware that the base bronco can't tow it. I do have a Raptor. I towed the old Mantis with an FJ and while not ideal it worked. Raptor is similar in tow capacity when I last looked so I knew it ws possible. Haven't exactly crunched the number yet.

A you point out it might not be ideal but have to make do with what I have. Separate tow vehicle for a Mantis just isn't in the cards right now. I might have to just get a Cricket if it doesn't work.
The gross on the Overland Mantis is 5200 lbs which is more than the Raptor limit. Not sure what the Raptor tongue weight limit is but the Mantis tongue weight is over 500 lbs.

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The gross on the Overland Mantis is 5200 lbs which is more than the Raptor limit. Not sure what the Raptor tongue weight limit is but the Mantis tongue weight is over 500 lbs.
450 pounds if I recall.

I wasn't planning on an Overland. I really can't see any one hauling that beast of a trailer out on the trails. Plus I'm not that confident in Taxa's "off road" performance. Everything I've read so far I don't think that frame can take the flexing. I'm looking for the Mantis to just family camp in with the kids and grand kids at the state parks. I'm not boondocking deep off road with it.

When I go off to the trails and stay out there I just use our tents, but I'm getting too old to sleep on the ground if I don't have to... ;)
Sponsored