Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With no disrespect to the OP, I'm not even going to bother to watch, but I'm going to guess and you can give me a thumbs up if I'm right.

1. Bronco is great rood off road, but the Jeep is just a tiny bit more capable, but not necessarily better because of the tech in the Bronco makes it easier to off road.

2. Bronco is TONS better on road and doesn't roam around like the jeep does.
Nope...but thanks for playing.

Good video. Shows how little the differences between Bronco and Wrangler are and it makes me think about professional sports. At the top 1%+ level, gear can make difference (and not always better, just more specialized) but for us common folks, it won't ever matter.

I'm all for the friendly rivalry between the two. My brother-in-law is firmly in the Jeep camp but I hope at the end of the day people can be as laid back as this guy is between the real difference in capabilities.
My man just seems to enjoy himself. He seems to love what he does, and the vehicles are tools to help him do that. Kudos to him.
Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anything, my Bronco has given me MORE of an appreciation for the Wrangler. Both are very capable and it comes down to personal preference for 99% of the people out there. I will crawl the hell out of mine and expect with the right amount of driver input I will get anywhere a mildly/equally built Wrangler will go.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With no disrespect to the OP, I'm not even going to bother to watch, but I'm going to guess and you can give me a thumbs up if I'm right.

1. Bronco is great rood off road, but the Jeep is just a tiny bit more capable, but not necessarily better because of the tech in the Bronco makes it easier to off road.

Yeah you need to watch it.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Potato … pot-ta-toe!!!

The articulation of the jeep was substantially better….

But what bothers me is…, I see no reason why he flatout refused to use the front locker on the Bronco???

Now….
Let’s see an evasive maneuver on the highway…..

And see what all that articulation buys you…… aka rollover = 😵death…

90% of driving is done on the highway…
The road manners of the Bronco are 1000% better than the jeep….

Did I forget to mention I am completely biased😏!!!

Last edited:

TexasTj

Base
First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice Video, although I don't know how good a test ground Hidden Falls is. I've run most of the trails they did with a Land Rover LR3 on 32's with just a rear locker.

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been watching his channel and his video showing how a MT Rubicon can do on trails is what leads me to getting a MT Badlands. You should just watch, it’s him basically tackling the same trails accessible to him

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I stand a little bit corrected. He still said in the video that nothing beats the articulation of the jeep, which is said in some way in EVERY jeep vs bronco video. and even though he did not mention anything about on road comfort and performance, it did state that off road the bronco was more comfortable. Still in my view the outcome of the video is very similar to every other Jeep VS Bronco video that I've seen. Basic outcome, Bronco is cool and most are surprised on how well it did, and how comfortable it is. Jeep is very good as well and has better articulation. Good video though, not as many talking heads in it as others. Seriously I want to see the Jeep and Bronco in action, not a talking face.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice Video, although I don't know how good a test ground Hidden Falls is. I've run most of the trails they did with a Land Rover LR3 on 32's with just a rear locker.
I knew it was the Tx hill country somewhere and had a hunch it was hidden falls, but good to know as that's only 45 mins from me. Good to know if you can handle that in a LR3, I'm guessing I shouldn't have any issues with my future 4dr squatched BD.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Potato … pot-ta-toe!!!

The articulation of the jeep was substantially better….

But what bothers me is…, I see no reason why he flatout refused to use the front locker on the Bronco???

Now….
Let’s see an evasive maneuver on the highway…..

And see what all that articulation buys you…… aka rollover = 😵death…

90% of driving is done on the highway…
The road manners of the Bronco are 1000% better than the jeep….

Did I forget to mention I am completely biased😏!!!
Yeah, biased or not—coming from Jeep world where you can’t use the front locker without the rear locked and it is a miracle of patience and persistence to even get the front locker to engage—he probably has been programmed to think “let’s just see if we can get away with rear locker only and move on”. The Bronco moved on, so he never tried it.

There was a place for Trail Turn Assist in there too.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

for 90% of people either one as they are delivered,will be fine. I came out of a JL, lifted, tires....ect. Ive driven the Bronco off road. I can tell you, and anyone who has driven both will tell you, the Bronco with IFS is smoother on road, and off road, especially in rutted out trail situations. Plus the Bronco has coil overs on the rear as well, which helps ride. Solid axle spring rates and connection points make this what it is....

The Bronco, having the saquatch package with lockers on lower trim levels is a game changer. Jeep you can only get in them in Rubicon trim. The functionality between them is different as well.

If you get into full built scenarios , a JL on 37s, or 40s , with a really good lift, VS a lifted Bronco.... the JL will have more flex, solid axles do. The main place this will show is in extreme rock crawling. That being said.... having watched the video of Lauren and his lifted FunHaver Bronco do the Rubicon trail with LiteBright ..... I was very impressed at how the rear suspension on the Bronco helped make up for the limited travel of the IFS vs a jeep.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wrangler vs Bronco. They are 2 completely different platforms that only share body on frame design.

I have compared the two but admittedly have only driven Wranglers in the past. I personally am of the opinion that one is not any "better" than the other. It depends on what the customer is looking for.

For a proven platform to drive out to the trails and hard core rock crawls and drive back home, then the Wrangler 2 door hands down. For a feature rich and comfortable rig that is more for mellow trails then the Bronco might be a good choice. It has not been proven yet other than test drives on set up courses, and a few you tube videos of owners/pros testing the capability.

Right now it's down to a 4Runner or 2 door Rubicon Wrangler with Ford having to prove the Bronco platform in terms of functionality and reliability. I have another year or three I can wait and watch the prices of these drop like a rock and then decide if it's worth it or not.

Also by waiting I can determine the reliability of these Broncos off road. These rigs are a wild card in the off road world. There are very few daily drivers (such as a Wrangler) that can drive across the country and back while enjoying extreme off road with the ability to do trailside repairs when something breaks.

I'm sure a well spoken forum member can do a google search and argue IFS being more capable off highway rock crawling than a straight axle design. Personally I see very few IFS rigs in true rock crawling environments. And that is why the hard core off roader is purchasing the 2 door anyway.
Sponsored