Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm happy with Bronco's IFS.
And I'm happy with the solid axle in my '23 Rubi. Never had an issue with my TJs or JKs either.

One thing I HATE about the '24 Jeep is the giant screen. No bueno for me. Seems to be the latest fad to build tablets on wheels and keep drivers distracted.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Jeep refresh really caught my eye and I was willing to give it a solid look but the pricing is....rough, and the interior still doesn't do it for me.

Bronco it is.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So the 2024 still looks like a 2014 with aftermarket lighting

nwardoh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had a 2024 rubicon ordered and it was taking for bloody ever and with the prospect of a strike coming to further delay it we cancelled that order yesterday and are picking up a 23 outerbanks 2.7 sas package from dealer stock. Gonna cost a bit more without being able to get xplan but the wife is stoked for her new whip. Trading in a 16 renegade so a massive upgrade. Watching this video actually makes me feel even better about it.

Sponsored

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Jeep refresh really caught my eye and I was willing to give it a solid look but the pricing is....rough, and the interior still doesn't do it for me.

Bronco it is.
Yeah, their 4xE has caught my eye. The hybridization would be a benefit for my commute, the 51k just to get a bare bones base model... not so much.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The one thing that I really like about the Bronco is the ability to really customize it using FORSCAN. As far as I know, nothing liie that exists for the Jeep.

It just has so many features that can be used to make your Bronco more enjoyable.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco it is.
I’ve owned a ton of jeeps including a JL and JT. The interior is very cramped and the seats are terrible. The Broncos interior isn’t as nice materials wise, but the seats are miles better and the cabin is larger.

Bronco Master

Base
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2017 Ford Superduty F-250 STX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

everyone knows the bronco is better than those creepers with the jeepers

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one thing that I really like about the Bronco is the ability to really customize it using FORSCAN. As far as I know, nothing liie that exists for the Jeep.

It just has so many features that can be used to make your Bronco more enjoyable.
My buddy has this program called Tazer? For his JL. He can change all sorts of things; he can add Ford's Trail turn Assist to his JL, he can engage a locker without having to be in 4low, can use the sway bar disconnect at any speed, make the exterior lights freak out like a rave, and have the engine increase RPM, and apply all brakes, while winching. I'm sure there's other uses for it, like speedo calibration and such, but I haven't cared enough to look into it myself.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My buddy has this program called Tazer? For his JL. He can change all sorts of things; he can add Ford's Trail turn Assist to his JL, he can engage a locker without having to be in 4low, can use the sway bar disconnect at any speed, make the exterior lights freak out like a rave, and have the engine increase RPM, and apply all brakes, while winching. I'm sure there's other uses for it, like speedo calibration and such, but I haven't cared enough to look into it myself.
It's a bargain at $220+. Price is partially what makes FORSCAN so cool, it's $12. The Tazer product seems like it does a lot of good things though... However, it looks like the unit has to remain plugged in to function.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a bargain at $220+. Price is partially what makes FORSCAN so cool, it's $12. The Tazer product seems like it does a lot of good things though... However, it looks like the unit has to remain plugged in to function.
For certain things it does, but for others it can be removed (but remain married). It's a bit of a cluster when you have to take the Jeep into a dealership because (for warranty purposes) you should remove the Tazer which means that you could lose any software updates which are applied. There are Tazer "live" functions that are nice if you need them.

For 90% of the things the Tazer does, I use JSCAN which writes to the PCM and there is nothing to remain connected.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a highly modified Rubicon owner, I am happy the Bronco has pushed Jeep to improve things they never would have without the competition, and I think each platform has its strengths and weaknesses.

I am considering switching to the Bronco platform--just have to get past the loss of the investments in the Rubicon. I live at 7K ASL and the normally aspirated 3.6L in the Jeep is not enough by any stretch of the imagination.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a highly modified Rubicon owner, I am happy the Bronco has pushed Jeep to improve things they never would have without the competition, and I think each platform has its strengths and weaknesses.

I am considering switching to the Bronco platform--just have to get past the loss of the investments in the Rubicon. I live at 7K ASL and the normally aspirated 3.6L in the Jeep is not enough by any stretch of the imagination.
Get the 2.7, it performs great at 7k, I was never wanting for power in Colorado Springs, and going up to the top of Pike's Peak was a breeze.

You will likely recoup much of what you spent on modifications with the right jeep buyer.
Sponsored